Jan. 2013.
Med's Request
Dec. 2014.
Med's Done....
Jan. 8, 2015.
Interview........
Jan. 27, 2015. Approved, Alhamdulillah! & status changed to 'in process.'
Passport Req..
March 26, 2015. 'Decision made' on March 24, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2015.
LANDED..........
Soon, inshAllah!
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Salaam everyone :).

Anybody here have any idea of the wait time to recieve passport back from VAC?

My husband's has been submitted for almost 3 weeks now & no sign of it yet :(.
I've seen people who submitted after us & they've already recieved there's back.. Happy for them but kind of un-fair :(.

Akhan22

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23- June 2014
File Transfer...
25 August 2014
Med's Request
24 February 2015
Med's Done....
11 March 2015. ( in process on 9th October 2015)
Interview........
09-03-2016 -- DM , 23-04-2016
Passport Req..
28 April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24 May 2016
LANDED..........
10 June 2016

Salaam everyone ,

Anybody here has any idea how long a sponsor can stay outside of Canada with his/her spouse, while case is in process.

shaiz

Star Member
May 18, 2014

MonaF said:
Salaam everyone :).

Anybody here have any idea of the wait time to recieve passport back from VAC?

My husband's has been submitted for almost 3 weeks now & no sign of it yet :(.
I've seen people who submitted after us & they've already recieved there's back.. Happy for them but kind of un-fair :(.
Me too waiting .... :( really stressfull it is

Mubashar Mirza

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013 then London transfer in Feb 2014
Med's Request
Re-Medical will be on 30 April 2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2013
Interview........
27 May 2015...Pass
Passport Req..
25 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 July 2015
LANDED..........
Soon..In Sha Allah

Hi...every body

I am June 2013 applicant and file transfer to London visa office in Feb 2014
But still nothing received any update from London visa office..in Jan 2015 send inquiry through Mp and he said ur file is in Interview Que..But E-Case show: Application Received June 2013 and Medical Received.
Kindly senior member tell me that is they start processing my file or not...???and is any body get letter for may interview...??coz they take interview in Jan 2015,then March 2015 now hopefully next turn should be in may 2015....but they send interview letter before 1 month of interview date and today 16 April but no update can anyone tell me wots going on or how much estimated time left...coz almost 2013 applicant get their visa's and should i contact again MP that ask about status of our file...Huh

shab.Hunzai

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Nov, 2014
AOR Received.
23 Jan, 2015
File Transfer...
12 Feb, 2015, In process...: 07 August, 2015
Med's Request
25 August, 2015
Med's Done....
7 Sep, 2015 Upfront: 21 Oct, 2014 DM:
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2015

Akhan22 said:
Salaam everyone ,

Anybody here has any idea how long a sponsor can stay outside of Canada with his/her spouse, while case is in process.
'

If you are a PR, should not be more than 3 weeks.
If you are Citizen, you have more flexibility - you can stay as long as you like.
Provide explanation to LVO and proof that you will be returning.

XMan24April

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
File Transfer...
20-06-2014
Med's Request
med extension mail on 28th jan 2015, as per notes medical status is Cleared - Expired
Passport Req..
10th September 2015

Hi, since LVO is extremely slow and everyone is concerned about the 29 months processing time. I am copy pasting the reply from jay10 posted in Outland UK applications.

All

Just FYI

Email extract from london office regarding 29 months processing time
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please note that our processing time is calculated from the date the complete application for sponsorship was received at the Case Processing Center in Mississauga to the date the final decision was entered by the Visa Office. The posted processing times are based on the time required to process 80% of the cases over a period of 12 months and are updated quarterly. Therefore, they are historical processing times that may not accurately reflect current processing times when a significant occurrence has impacted the regular flow of processing.

In February 2014, the Family Class caseload from Islamabad, Pakistan was transferred to London. At the time of transfer, the processing time in Islamabad was 32 months. This was, therefore, an already significantly aged caseload. The files from the large inventory received from Islamabad formed the large majority of cases processed by London in 2014. Accordingly, as these aged files were finalized in London, the time elapsed since the applications were initially submitted had a major impact on the calculation of the London processing times, even though they had been in London only for a few months.

As the posted processing time is historical and has been impacted by a specific invent – the transfer of an aged inventory – it does not accurately reflect the current processing time experienced by new applications received in London. To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications received in London from May to July 2014.

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-

XMan24April said:
Hi, since LVO is extremely slow and everyone is concerned about the 29 months processing time. I am copy pasting the reply from jay10 posted in Outland UK applications.

All

Just FYI

Email extract from london office regarding 29 months processing time
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please note that our processing time is calculated from the date the complete application for sponsorship was received at the Case Processing Center in Mississauga to the date the final decision was entered by the Visa Office. The posted processing times are based on the time required to process 80% of the cases over a period of 12 months and are updated quarterly. Therefore, they are historical processing times that may not accurately reflect current processing times when a significant occurrence has impacted the regular flow of processing.

In February 2014, the Family Class caseload from Islamabad, Pakistan was transferred to London. At the time of transfer, the processing time in Islamabad was 32 months. This was, therefore, an already significantly aged caseload. The files from the large inventory received from Islamabad formed the large majority of cases processed by London in 2014. Accordingly, as these aged files were finalized in London, the time elapsed since the applications were initially submitted had a major impact on the calculation of the London processing times, even though they had been in London only for a few months.

As the posted processing time is historical and has been impacted by a specific invent – the transfer of an aged inventory – it does not accurately reflect the current processing time experienced by new applications received in London. To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications received in London from May to July 2014.
Ha, theyve been using the same template to reply to anyone who asks about this processing time for the past 3 months. They sent me the same email in february.

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-

shab.Hunzai said:
'

If you are a PR, should not be more than 3 weeks.
If you are Citizen, you have more flexibility - you can stay as long as you like.
Provide explanation to LVO and proof that you will be returning.
Not true, i spent a month with my wife in December. I am a PR. I didnt see a CIC reference discouraging sponsors visiting their spouses, that would be inhumane!

Sidkhan

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th June 2013
Doc's Request.
9th January 2015
AOR Received.
17th July 2013
Med's Done....
19th January 2015
Interview........
Waived In Process:17th February 2015. Decision Made: 6th March 2015
Passport Req..
10th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2015

adilsulaiman said:
Not true, i spent a month with my wife in December. I am a PR. I didnt see a CIC reference discouraging sponsors visiting their spouses, that would be inhumane!
You are right. There is no such thing upto 3 weeks. But if u stay longer then 3 or 6 months, they would ask and or doubt your intensions to go back to canada when u are already a pr and sponsoring your spouse. Even then they dont reject the case, but they would assign you in the interview queue or question you about your long stay.

sahar12

Jun 19, 2014

Hi,
Can someone please tell me how long does it takes for passport with visa to come back from Islamabad. I got pr from London Visa office on April 1st 2015 and submitted my passport in Lahore VAC on 3rd april 2015. Does any one have idea how long it takes. and now that the decision has been made and the have submitted my passport, is there any chance of interview ? My consultant says that there will be no interview. Can someone give any suggestions.
Thanks,
MY TIMELINE IS:
Husband case
File submitted: May 2013
Medical done: May 2013
File transferred to LVO: June 2014
Renew medical and some additional documents done: Feb 2015
E-case status changed to 'In process': Mar 2015
E-case status changed to 'Decision made': Mar 2015
Pr request for original passport: April 1st 2015
Passport submitted to Lahore VAC: April 3rd 2015
Next step???

shab.Hunzai

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Nov, 2014
AOR Received.
23 Jan, 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
25 August, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2015

adilsulaiman said:
They are not discouraging sponsors from visiting their spouses but the reality is there is a limit.
I have read from Canadavisa forum that you should treat your time away like a Canadian vacation. So I expect that would be 3 or 4 weeks.
But if you want to risk getting questioned or placed in interview queue that's your prerogative.

Personally, I see the denial of a visitor visa to see your own spouse in Canada as inhumane especially if the process takes more than a year.
But its a reality and it happens.

shab.Hunzai

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Nov, 2014
AOR Received.
23 Jan, 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
25 August, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2015

sahar12 said:
Hi,
Can someone please tell me how long does it takes for passport with visa to come back from Islamabad. I got pr from London Visa office on April 1st 2015 and submitted my passport in Lahore VAC on 3rd april 2015. Does any one have idea how long it takes. and now that the decision has been made and the have submitted my passport, is there any chance of interview ? My consultant says that there will be no interview. Can someone give any suggestions.
Thanks,
MY TIMELINE IS:
Husband case
File submitted: May 2013
Medical done: May 2013
File transferred to LVO: June 2014
Renew medical and some additional documents done: Feb 2015
E-case status changed to 'In process': Mar 2015
E-case status changed to 'Decision made': Mar 2015
Pr request for original passport: April 1st 2015
Passport submitted to Lahore VAC: April 3rd 2015
Next step???
Congratulations!!!
No I do not expect there will be an interview after a PPR.
You should be receiving your Confirmation of Permanent Residence soon (sometime within this month).

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

Akhan22 said:
Salaam everyone ,

You are a Citizen. No worries.
But I would still inform LVO.
I am a Canada Citizen visiting my wife in ISB for 6 months. Still have a long wait until they process my file.

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-

shab.Hunzai said:
They are not discouraging sponsors from visiting their spouses but the reality is there is a limit.
I have read from Canadavisa forum that you should treat your time away like a Canadian vacation. So I expect that would be 3 or 4 weeks.
But if you want to risk getting questioned or placed in interview queue that's your prerogative.

Personally, I see the denial of a visitor visa to see your own spouse in Canada as inhumane especially if the process takes more than a year.
But its a reality and it happens.
Canada visa forum is not the official mouthpiece of the CIC. You cannot throw out a random number you believe to be true and claim it to be the letter of the law. If you stay outside Canada for several months without a genuine reason then the CIC MAY question the likelihood of you continuing residency within Canada. However, the CIC have not put an official limit on the time you can spend outside Canada while they assess your sponsorship application, so i dont see how you can tell anyone that they have exactly three weeks to spend outside the country. And by the way, our application will never be put into the interview queue as our visa officer already approved our relationship to be legitimate. Something we came to know through our MP, at the moment it is going through background checks. This was after i spent a month in Pakistan on vacation.

shab.Hunzai

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Nov, 2014
AOR Received.
23 Jan, 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
25 August, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2015

adilsulaiman said:
Canada visa forum is not the official mouthpiece of the CIC. You cannot throw out a random number you believe to be true and claim it to be the letter of the law. If you stay outside Canada for several months without a genuine reason then the CIC MAY question the likelihood of you continuing residency within Canada. However, the CIC have not put an official limit on the time you can spend outside Canada while they assess your sponsorship application, so i dont see how you can tell anyone that they have exactly three weeks to spend outside the country. And by the way, our application will never be put into the interview queue as our visa officer already approved our relationship to be legitimate. Something we came to know through our MP, at the moment it is going through background checks. This was after i spent a month in Pakistan on vacation.
They WILL question you if you are a PR and have left several months!

I never suggested that your application will be in IQ.