01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hi All,

I called IRCC and got temp file number for my spouse sponsor application. The number starts with X. Just out of curiosity, I asked the agent if the file could returned after temp number? (June 23rd, 2020 applicant).

She informed that: "temp file means that your app has been opened and all essential documents have been found in the app, that's why the temp file number is generated. If it had missing documents, temp file number would not have been generated."

I then asked if even after temp file the file could be returned. She said- she has not seen many cases being returned after temp file number as it eventually turns into actual AOR and anything wanted is requested rather than file being returned.

Is this true? can someone confirm my understanding that if the file had to be returned, it would've been returned by now?

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,

I called IRCC and got temp file number for my spouse sponsor application. The number starts with X. Just out of curiosity, I asked the agent if the file could returned after temp number? (June 23rd, 2020 applicant).

She informed that: "temp file means that your app has been opened and all essential documents have been found in the app, that's why the temp file number is generated. If it had missing documents, temp file number would not have been generated."

I then asked if even after temp file the file could be returned. She said- she has not seen many cases being returned after temp file number as it eventually turns into actual AOR and anything wanted is requested rather than file being returned.

Is this true? can someone confirm my understanding that if the file had to be returned, it would've been returned by now?
No, it can be returned. Happened to a lot of March/April applicants

imalik9898

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Where should I track my application after submitting passport for visa?

I tried vfs website but it always says no record found...
It is making me worried now...
Are you getting email/text updates daily?? My husband submitted last Friday and has been getting messages everyday, today they said they have shipped it back to lahore from Islamabad

imalik9898

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Landed in Canada.
Immigration officer took 5 minutes only just asked if I have quarantine plan and told me I cannot leave home for 2 weeks or I can be fined
Smooth process.
My address was changed as I show my husband new address on paper
Alhamdulilah no one be worries first time traveller it was very easy
Have you gotten any calls from government about your quarantine? Welcome to Canada!

BilalShaukat89

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
Passport Req..
Soon INSHAH ALLAH
I am January 2020 Applicant. Is we have to inform to Immigration about my wife status as she is now Canadian Citizenship. I want to check the status of our application. How i will put the information on CIC website.

habeeka4444

Sep 22, 2020
Yes I have and I update on ArriveCAN Dan app and also my friend told me police come to address randomly to see if person is home or outside