+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Need help !!

True Vocal

Dec 8, 2016
I am writing on behalf of one of my relatives. Can you suggest what is the possibility of his entry into Canada through spouse sponsorship or any other visa? We are a bit worried about him.

• He is a 33 years old man from Bangladesh. He got married on May, 2015.
  • His wife is around 3 years older then him.
  • Both of them are form Bangladesh.
  • They did not know each other before their marriage and they got married on the first day they meet each other. It was an arranged marriage coordinated by their guardians.
  • His wife was permanent resident during their marriage and went back to Bangladesh for couple of months to get married.
  • The economic condition of the wife is better than the husband.
  • After marriage they had a reception where around 200 people from both parties attended. They have photons of the event.
  • After the marriage the wife not stay at husband’s house for around 7 days and came back to her parents home. She stayed at her parents home for 6 months and came back to Canada. During that 6 months the husband visited the wife’s home and stayed there couple of nights now and then.
  • Unfortunately after their marriage the relation between two families (including husband-wife) got complicated. The wife’s family started insulting the husbands family. The wife did not want to stay wit husbands parents and many more issues.
  • Due to This complexity they did not go for any honeymoon.
  • The wife came back to Canada after 6 months. She did not apply to sponsor her husband till now. It has been 3.5 years since their marriage.
  • Due to distance the relationship became worse day by day. There were several initiative by the husband to divorce the wife, but he backed off due to the high amount of “Dower” that he have to pay his wife if divorced.
  • At present the wife is in Canada and husband in Bangladesh. She neither want to divorce him and nor to bring him in Canada.
  • His level of education and level of English is not also sufficient to apply for Canadian PR by himself.
  • The husband (my relative) is worried if his PR application (if the wife apply now) will be approved or will be rejected. Will immigration Canada consider the long gap as a red flag?
Is there any other type of Canadian visa he can apply that will be easier for him to come to Canada?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I am writing on behalf of one of my relatives. Can you suggest what is the possibility of his entry into Canada through spouse sponsorship or any other visa? We are a bit worried about him.

• They did not know each other before their marriage and they got married on the first day they meet each other. It was an arranged marriage coordinated by their guardians.
  • His wife was permanent resident during their marriage and went back to Bangladesh for couple of months to get married.
  • After marriage they had a reception where around 200 people from both parties attended. They have photons of the event.
  • After the marriage the wife not stay at husband’s house for around 7 days and came back to her parents home. She stayed at her parents home for 6 months and came back to Canada. During that 6 months the husband visited the wife’s home and stayed there couple of nights now and then.
  • Unfortunately after their marriage the relation between two families (including husband-wife) got complicated. The wife’s family started insulting the husbands family. The wife did not want to stay wit husbands parents and many more issues.
  • The wife came back to Canada after 6 months. She did not apply to sponsor her husband till now. It has been 3.5 years since their marriage.
  • Due to distance the relationship became worse day by day. There were several initiative by the husband to divorce the wife, but he backed off due to the high amount of “Dower” that he have to pay his wife if divorced.
  • At present the wife is in Canada and husband in Bangladesh. She neither want to divorce him and nor to bring him in Canada.
  • His level of education and level of English is not also sufficient to apply for Canadian PR by himself.
  • The husband (my relative) is worried if his PR application (if the wife apply now) will be approved or will be rejected. Will immigration Canada consider the long gap as a red flag?
Is there any other type of Canadian visa he can apply that will be easier for him to come to Canada?
Please stop posting this story for your client/family member/friend/whatever in so many threads. You've already got two answers that say that any sponsorship here would be a massive red flag and potential immigration fraud.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

If the wife neither wants to sponsor him nor BRING HIM TO CANADA then I don't think spousal sponsorship is for him. Given their relationship history it is understandable why the wife doesn't want to bring him to Canada, she would want to commit to signing an undertaking while the relationship is somewhat dead. That would make her responsible for his upkeep even if they eventually get divorced after him getting PR.

Proving that the relationship is genuine and that it is not a marriage of confidence will be difficult. 1. Why wait for over 3.5 years to sponsor the spouse? They did not have the need to live together then so what changed? 2. In the 3.5 years of marriage they have lived together for a very short time (and that's within the first 6 months after marriage). Again why have there been no efforts for them to live together in the 3 years after she left? Why are there no efforts to visit each other in the 3 years after the wife came to Canada? Did she visit him back home or did he try to apply for a TRV to enter Canada to visit his wife?

The best option would be for him to immigrate on his own.

Reactions: True Vocal

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Please stop posting this story for your client/family member/friend/whatever in so many threads. You've already got two answers that say that any sponsorship here would be a massive red flag and potential immigration fraud.
Yes. Too many posts won't change answers

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Guys another question,

In IMM0008 - generic app. it asks how many family members including yourself is in this application? I am confused since I myself am a PR, should I put myself in there or just write 1 since it is just the principal applicant?

please direct me in the right path & sorry if questions are stupid.
The checklist and the complete guide will help. It it talking about the one being sponsored this time and any children that are coming with him or her and not the one sponsoring them.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Another question ...

In IMM5532, for past addresses & employment. Both of mine are way more than the space given in the form. Should I add another pages indicating those or just fill up the space in the form & leave it be... kindly answer it please
The directions are at the top. It says to use another sheet to answer the questions and to put the part and question number so they know what you are answering.

sukhoi2050

Mar 7, 2020
Guys another question,

In IMM0008 - generic app. it asks how many family members including yourself is in this application? I am confused since I myself am a PR, should I put myself in there or just write 1 since it is just the principal applicant?

please direct me in the right path & sorry if questions are stupid.

Your Answer is 1 because generic form is filled by the applicant and since there are no dependents. Your spouse is the only Applicant.