+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Misrepresentation doubt ????

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Hi All,

WE got married in Jul 2013 in India.
We lived together in USA from Jul 2013 to May 2016 and had a child in Aug 2014.
We reached India in May 2016, my wife went to her hometown in India for few months to visit her parents, as she had not met them for three years.
We were still deciding where to settle, By Oct 2016, we decided that my wife stay with her parents as she got a job offer at that place and sponsor was moving to Canada.
Sponsor moved to Canada in Dec 2016.

We have now applied for spousal sponsorship in Oct 2017.

We wrote a line as below in Spousal sponsorship form (Relationship Information form) in answering question Are you living together ? If not, explain -

"We lived to together in USA from Jul 2013 to May 2016 and then in India from May 2016 to Oct 2016."

Is this misrepresentation ? As per our sense my wife was visiting, it became an arrangement only after she joined job in Nov 2016.

In address history section of IMM5669, we indicated her address of her hometown only from May 2016 to current.

Please suggest.

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
WE have now sent the updated Relationship evaluation form after deleting that line of India ? do they accept updated form ?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
WE have now sent the updated Relationship evaluation form after deleting that line of India ? do they accept updated form ?
Man, you are worrying too much. And by sending the updated form, basically you create an unnecessary issue for yourself. CIC may replace the updated form with the original one, or they may simply return your whole original application package back to you for correction ( If they do, it will take 1 or 2 months for you to receive it). Anyway, nobody will know what will happen exactly.

With your concerning of misrepresentation, there isn't any, and I bet CIC won't even care that 6 months counts as living together or just visiting, as long as you told them the truth.

Last edited:

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Thank you for your reply.....

Lets see how it goes.. its really weird that CIC does not let applicant send updated form... if applicant sent some wrong info, dont they have right to correct it ?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you for your reply.....

Lets see how it goes.. its really weird that CIC does not let applicant send updated form... if applicant sent some wrong info, dont they have right to correct it ?
Yes, but in different ways. It depends which stage your application is at. At very early stage, you can withdraw your application, CIC will send them back to you, then you correct your info and reapply. If it is at Mid to late stage (Let's say after AOR2), you can inform them via webform, and most likely, they will allow you to send them the updated info. But since you changed your information on the form(s), you will expect a longer review time, because VO needs to go back and review all related info to connect the dots.

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Yes, but in different ways. It depends which stage your application is at. At very early stage, you can withdraw your application, CIC will send them back to you, then you correct your info. If it is at late stage, you can inform them via webform, and most likely, they will allow you to send them the updated info. But since you changed your information on the form(s), you will expect a longer review time, because VO needs to go back and review all related info to connect the dots.

My Application status is "Application Received" only, still at Missisauga CPC not yet sent to Applicant's Visa Office

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
My Application status is "Application Received" only, still at Missisauga CPC not yet sent to Applicant's Visa Office

I received the reply today for my cse that documents have been forwarded to the responsible office for consideration, How can I verify if the forms have been updated in my application, if they do not accept updated documents, they will let us know right ?

any one please help......

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I received the reply today for my cse that documents have been forwarded to the responsible office for consideration, How can I verify if the forms have been updated in my application, if they do not accept updated documents, they will let us know right ?

any one please help......
It most likely they didn't replace the updated form that you just sent to them. CPC may receive the updated form, but like other application package they received, it probably will take them 6-8 weeks to open your envelop to see what is inside (from the mail room to the person who will open your envelop). Since your application had been transferred, you can contact your local VO via the email listed on your AOR2 to ask their opinion about how to update your info on your application.

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for your reply....

I have not yet received AOR2.

My application status in ECAS is 'Application Received' with Medical Passes, and I believe it has not been transferred to local VO yet.

And my VO will be New Delhi VO, which does not have any way to communicate.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for your reply....

I have not yet received AOR2.

My application status in ECAS is 'Application Received' with Medical Passes, and I believe it has not been transferred to local VO yet.

And my VO will be New Delhi VO, which does not have any way to communicate.
Oh, I see. I saw you posted that your application forwarded, so I thought your application was transferred. In this case, since you have UCI and file number, you can file a specific case inquiry via webform to ask CPC about your situation.

Also, when you receive the AOR2, it will provide you an email address of NDVO for you to communicate with the VO, should you have any questions.

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Thank you for your reply.. i really appreciate your help through this...

I have already sent the updated forms through case specific enquiry stating that we made few mistakes.. so please accet updated forms...

I received the reply today for my cse that they have forwarded the documents to responsible office...

I want to know how can i make sure that my updated forms are now attached to my application.. or is this as far as we can go ?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you for your reply.. i really appreciate your help through this...

I have already sent the updated forms through case specific enquiry stating that we made few mistakes.. so please accet updated forms...

I received the reply today for my cse that they have forwarded the documents to responsible office...

I want to know how can i make sure that my updated forms are now attached to my application.. or is this as far as we can go ?
Pretty much that is as far as you can go right now. Nothing you can do actually. Even you call CIC, I bet those agents who about to answer your call will have no idea about that as you do. Just sit tight and wait for what will happen. But one thing for sure that your application won't be returned as it has been advanced into this stage, even CIC found that you have an updated form sent to them. They might just simply replace your updated form with the original one or they might send you a procedural fairness letter and ask you to provide them an explanation for the reason why you want to update the info on the form.

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Pretty much that is as far as you can go right now. Nothing you can do actually. Even you call CIC, I bet those agents who about to answer your call will have no idea about that as you do. Just sit tight and wait for what will happen. But one thing for sure that your application won't be returned as it has been advanced into this stage, even CIC found that you have an updated form sent to them. They might just simply replace your updated form with the original one or they might send you a procedural fairness letter and ask you to provide them an explanation for the reason why you want to update the info on the form.

Thank You for your detailed answer...

so that means we have done our due diligence and ball is in CIC's court now ?

so as per you, they can not ignore my request for updated forms... either they just replace or ask for explanation... which i can explain i believe if needed.... as that was extraneous information I put in the answer to the question - Are you living together ? If not, explain. (the question is not whether you lived together in past or not, which i answered there)

but now still there an issue of misrepresentation remains or not, after sending updated forms ?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank You for your detailed answer...

so that means we have done our due diligence and ball is in CIC's court now ?

so as per you, they can not ignore my request for updated forms... either they just replace or ask for explanation... which i can explain i believe if needed.... as that was extraneous information I put in the answer to the question - Are you living together ? If not, explain. (the question is not whether you lived together in past or not, which i answered there)

but now still there an issue of misrepresentation remains or not, after sending updated forms ?
Nah, there isn't any misrepresentation found. The question is really straight forward, either you are living with your wife NOW or not. And since you are in Canada and your wife is in India, you provided them a true answer. And the explanation you provided are rather unnecessary. If I were you, it should be very easy to explain, such as I found a job in Canada and my wife found a job in India, and for the best interests of our family, we decided to temporarily live separately, until my wife's PR application is approved. I just don't understand why you mentioned all those history all the way back from US.

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Nah, there isn't any misrepresentation found. The question is really straight forward, either you are living with your wife NOW or not. And since you are in Canada and your wife is in India, you provided them a true answer. And the explanation you provided are rather unnecessary. If I were you, it should be very easy to explain, such as I found a job in Canada and my wife found a job in India, and for the best interests of our family, we decided to temporarily live separately, until my wife's PR application is approved. I just don't understand why you mentioned all those history all the way back from US.

Thank you so much for your reply and explanation...

yes that was my stupid mistake and now i am trying to correct that... hopefully CIC will replace my forms without fuss.. or else i will explain and hopefully they will understand....