+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - LINKING APP TO CIC ACCOUNT???

antony_kao

Oct 9, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
starnaenae said:
So my AOR didnt say anything about linking.. which i am finding odd.. it said this... i called CIC and they said i have to wait until i get my SA.... :

UCI: XXXXXXXXXX
Application No.: XXXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/03/01 on behalf of the following member(s):

XXXXX XXXXX

XXXXX XXXXX

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
this particular aor email is for the sponsor, so you have to use the sponsor's information in the beginning

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
starnaenae said:
So my AOR didnt say anything about linking.. which i am finding odd.. it said this... i called CIC and they said i have to wait until i get my SA.... :

UCI: XXXXXXXXXX
Application No.: XXXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/03/01 on behalf of the following member(s):

XXXXX XXXXX

XXXXX XXXXX

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
I am the sponsor and I received the same email. It doesn't say anything about linking and I believe your PA (Person you're sponsoring) would have received AOR1 as well. Can you please ask them to check their AOR? I am pretty sure you'd find how to link the application and other stuffs.

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had been trying to link our application to an online account for almost a month now.
Finally decided to roll up my sleeves this weekend and have it sorted.
Went berserk with all the options.
Tried all permutations and combinations.
Finally selecting 'single' in the marital status column worked!
Yes, they want 'single' people applying for spouse visas.
So friends, don't wait for your application 'to be entered into the system', it's just an algorithm snag.
Try as many different combinations as possible.
It shall work. It has to.

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
PrinceOfPersia said:
I can't believe this, I feel like I am still dreaming. FINALLY!!!! FINALLY, I was able to link my application after a month of banging my head to link my application. Usual way, selected Application# and Family name. Only changes I made, typed the Family name in CAPS and then selected 'SINGLE' in Marital Status.

Give it a try Klove and I hope it works. I believe you haven't changed the marital status (try different options like Married, Divorced, Single, etc.,) Thanks to the guy who helped me.

Can you please try and let me know?
That's great! Thank you
I will try and let you know for sure :)

kasskiss125

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-07-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016 STARTED PROCESSING APPLICATION - 01-12-2016
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
starnaenae said:
I just tried and got locked out... this is SO frustrating. He has two last names for example FIRST NAME LASTNAME LASTNAME would i put the whole thing? i have an app number but no AOR at this time. THe app is for my husband and his son. would we add 2 or 3 to the application?

Thanks all!
add 3. ( sponsor + applicant+dependent)

AMGreen

Nov 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
Doc's Request.
PGR request: 06-03-2017
Nomination.....
SA: 14-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 24-10-2016, AOR2: 28-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
IndianJack said:
I had been trying to link our application to an online account for almost a month now.
Finally decided to roll up my sleeves this weekend and have it sorted.
Went berserk with all the options.
Tried all permutations and combinations.
Finally selecting 'single' in the marital status column worked!
Yes, they want 'single' people applying for spouse visas.
So friends, don't wait for your application 'to be entered into the system', it's just an algorithm snag.
Try as many different combinations as possible.
It shall work. It has to.
I did the same, and it worked for me too, I had been trying for two weeks after AOR1 nothing worked until i try single for marital status, I thought it could be because I applied for visitor visa in 2014 when I was single and since is the same UCI they use the same information, but I guess it is something that is happening to other applicants, so just keep trying all the possibilities. ;D

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Ok so I tried choosing single and all caps in the name but was still unsuccessful.
Of course I'm locked out now after my 5 attempts so I will try again tomorrow.

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
KloveG said:
Ok so I tried choosing single and all caps in the name but was still unsuccessful.
Of course I'm locked out now after my 5 attempts so I will try again tomorrow.

just register a new username, and use same email adrress, it will not harm your application, if you want to try lots

d_heart_s

Feb 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We luckily linked ours on the 4th try today. The method that worked was Application# + Family name, name in all caps, space for city, no passport info, 2 people, and crucially, "single" marital status. Many thanks to this forum, we would never have thought to try that on our own. What a stupid system.

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
prvc said:
Try this:

Not mine. Credit goes to the owner.
The following trick works.
"1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name. If you don't have App Number, use Family Name, Birthday, Place of Birth
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application."

airon06

Apr 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila
Hi folks. Just wondering, Who will be the one responsible to link the application? Is it the sponsor or Principal Applicant? My husband (PA) received and email from IRCC and I (sponsor) didnt. Thank you.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi folks. Just wondering, Who will be the one responsible to link the application? Is it the sponsor or Principal Applicant? My husband (PA) received and email from IRCC and I (sponsor) didnt. Thank you.
PA

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
I think it's the prinicipal applicant! At least in my case.

bakshim

May 7, 2012
Good day everybody...just applied for spousal sponsor application 2 weeks ago..have some questions.
Who needs to link the application online? and what exactly u link online..because none of us have photocopies of our application package i have sent.
thanks

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Good day everybody...just applied for spousal sponsor application 2 weeks ago..have some questions.
Who needs to link the application online? and what exactly u link online..because none of us have photocopies of our application package i have sent.
thanks
You can't link it until you receive the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) email, typically 6-8 weeks after the application was received.This email contains the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number and the application number (which is shared between sponsor and principal applicant). You're at least 4 weeks away from beng able to link your application online.

In my case, the AOR email came to the principal applicant (me). I assume this is standard.

p.s. just post your message under one topic, not five different ones at the same time - people more likely to help that way ;)