Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
hello, I have interview next week and I am getting more nervous as the time gets close. I have a doubt I mean i am in real confusion. when asked what would we do if the application is rejected what can we say? I am a PR and I have no problem to move back to mexico, but I don't want to lose my status and my husband and I really want to live in Canada, the benefits from living in Canada are greater not only for us but for our daughter (Canadian citizen). So, we will say we would appeal and I won't be able to travel as often because financially talking is not possible (like i said we have now a daughter) but I would stay with my husband as long as our situation is permitted. would this be ok? it is what we thought we could do. but I just don't know if this would be acceptable. Our case is complicated but we are in a genuine relationship. we have submitted lots of proof in our application but were still called for interview. I am gathering more proofs and I just don't know if that will be enough. any other advise would be really appreciated.

Thank you all.
The correct answer, the one they would be looking for is that you would appeal. If appeal were refused, you would move back to Mexico to live with your husband. If you don't say something like this, they will see it as the wrong answer. When you say your case is complicated, why is that?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
hello, I have interview next week and I am getting more nervous as the time gets close. I have a doubt I mean i am in real confusion. when asked what would we do if the application is rejected what can we say? I am a PR and I have no problem to move back to mexico, but I don't want to lose my status and my husband and I really want to live in Canada, the benefits from living in Canada are greater not only for us but for our daughter (Canadian citizen). So, we will say we would appeal and I won't be able to travel as often because financially talking is not possible (like i said we have now a daughter) but I would stay with my husband as long as our situation is permitted. would this be ok? it is what we thought we could do. but I just don't know if this would be acceptable. Our case is complicated but we are in a genuine relationship. we have submitted lots of proof in our application but were still called for interview. I am gathering more proofs and I just don't know if that will be enough. any other advise would be really appreciated.

Thank you all.
I think you need ARC for your husband right? Is this one of the main reasons for the interview? I suppose they might ask this question to find out if you have thought about contingency plans in case you are refused. It's like a general question such as "Tell me about your relationship and what makes it genuine?" Of course most people will say they are going to live somewhere else with their spouse or go back to their country to live and just as you said appeal the decision. It's probably suicide if you say I don't know and don't provide details as you have ... they might interpret it as being that staying with your spouse is secondary ... your main goal is to come to Canada and that you haven't done any preparation for the interview with your spouse i.e. you don't care.

It seems that your answer is good and if the rest of your answers come easily because you have prepared and are confident, I think chances are that you will be approved. Having a daughter together and the fact that you are with your husband also shows them that you feel it's important to be together.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
We just received our GCMS notes which were generated after we learned we were in queue for an interview. We ordered these to see what were the reasons they wanted the interview. However, tater carefully examining them, we still cannot find any comments about what exactly they are concerned about our relationship.

They did an assessment and summary of our relationship after I was approved as a sponsor and this was a lengthy text about the proof of relationship evidence like joint credit cards, beneficiaries on each other's insurance/RRSP, ID cards showing same adddress
Our ages and so on... All of this was stated subjectively without notes on concerns nor that they thought this evidence points to a genuine relationship.

We have ordered 4 sets of notes now and on all 4 this info was present but we though that on this latest set they would make a comment on something which was of concern however, there were no such comments and so now we are left wondering what exactly about our relationship are they suspicious about and not knowing how to prepare for it exactly.

I plan to go to our MP again to ask if they can contact IRCC to see if they can give us reasons why they need the interview. Is this useful or would it be more constructive to email
The VO directly

We have been in queue for almost 2.5 months now and still no interview date has been scheduled.

We will also reach the 12 month mark since receipt of our application as of next week, so we are really losing patience.

Any advice on how to obtain info in our upcoming interview would be appreciated.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
We just received our GCMS notes which were generated after we learned we were in queue for an interview. We ordered these to see what were the reasons they wanted the interview. However, tater carefully examining them, we still cannot find any comments about what exactly they are concerned about our relationship.

They did an assessment and summary of our relationship after I was approved as a sponsor and this was a lengthy text about the proof of relationship evidence like joint credit cards, beneficiaries on each other's insurance/RRSP, ID cards showing same adddress
Our ages and so on... All of this was stated subjectively without notes on concerns nor that they thought this evidence points to a genuine relationship.

We have ordered 4 sets of notes now and on all 4 this info was present but we though that on this latest set they would make a comment on something which was of concern however, there were no such comments and so now we are left wondering what exactly about our relationship are they suspicious about and not knowing how to prepare for it exactly.

I plan to go to our MP again to ask if they can contact IRCC to see if they can give us reasons why they need the interview. Is this useful or would it be more constructive to email
The VO directly

We have been in queue for almost 2.5 months now and still no interview date has been scheduled.

We will also reach the 12 month mark since receipt of our application as of next week, so we are really losing patience.

Any advice on how to obtain info in our upcoming interview would be appreciated.
I don't think they would give you any info about why the interview is required, beyond normal statements like, it's because of security concerns, or eligibility requirements, etc. I don't think they would say more than that. On your notes, in any of those comments does it say at any point interview required?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I don't think they would give you any info about why the interview is required, beyond normal statements like, it's because of security concerns, or eligibility requirements, etc. I don't think they would say more than that. On your notes, in any of those comments does it say at any point interview required?
On November 14, they entered in the notes (#3) there was a new line added on the end after date created, date updated, Office: Mexico, etc.
text:
ELIGIBILITY: Interview required

Please place on interview queue

My last set of notes generated on Oct 4 did not have this. In fact I think they had sent it off for some security check. This time around, it says that Info Sharing: complete. Finally something has been completed.

That is the only mention of us needing an interview. There are no accompanying notes with these lines. I know what our red flags are, however, they make no mention of any of them in any part of the notes, but you are right ... maybe they want to interview us because they don't like the way we look in our pictures, who knows .... your guess is as good as mine. However we are at their mercy, whatever they say goes!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I think you need ARC for your husband right? Is this one of the main reasons for the interview? I suppose they might ask this question to find out if you have thought about contingency plans in case you are refused. It's like a general question such as "Tell me about your relationship and what makes it genuine?" Of course most people will say they are going to live somewhere else with their spouse or go back to their country to live and just as you said appeal the decision. It's probably suicide if you say I don't know and don't provide details as you have ... they might interpret it as being that staying with your spouse is secondary ... your main goal is to come to Canada and that you haven't done any preparation for the interview with your spouse i.e. you don't care.

It seems that your answer is good and if the rest of your answers come easily because you have prepared and are confident, I think chances are that you will be approved. Having a daughter together and the fact that you are with your husband also shows them that you feel it's important to be together.
yes, we need arc. I don't know if this is the reason, in our first notes they never mention anything about interview, but in the second eligibility was started and it said review required. i didn't order the notes the third time as they would not come before the interview. I have a feeling this interview is mostly because of the arc and my husband had a withdrawn charge of assault, but i do not want to be overconfident. my husband and i practice the questions, he knows me pretty well and i know him well, but we have lots of red flags and it still makes me nervous. CIC knew I was pregnant and they should have the updated info about my daughter's birth by now. The comments on the notes are the same. i hope for the god's sake that my husband remains calm.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
yes, we need arc. I don't know if this is the reason, in our first notes they never mention anything about interview, but in the second eligibility was started and it said review required. i didn't order the notes the third time as they would not come before the interview. I have a feeling this interview is mostly because of the arc and my husband had a withdrawn charge of assault, but i do not want to be overconfident. my husband and i practice the questions, he knows me pretty well and i know him well, but we have lots of red flags and it still makes me nervous. CIC knew I was pregnant and they should have the updated info about my daughter's birth by now. The comments on the notes are the same. i hope for the god's sake that my husband remains calm.
I think it is logical to be nervous ... even genuine relationships unfortunately get refused, however, you can't think of this. Your husband has to just go into this prepared as much as he can and hopefully this will give him some confidence in how he answers. The rest is out of your control and best not to worry about it. Take it one step at a time and concentrate on that! Try to keep him distracted before the interview. It's like taking a university test ... don't cram before the exam, just relax and you will do better!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I think it is logical to be nervous ... even genuine relationships unfortunately get refused, however, you can't think of this. Your husband has to just go into this prepared as much as he can and hopefully this will give him some confidence in how he answers. The rest is out of your control and best not to worry about it. Take it one step at a time and concentrate on that! Try to keep him distracted before the interview. It's like taking a university test ... don't cram before the exam, just relax and you will do better!
Thank you Majesty.

I just want to share the good news.

At the end of the interview my husband was told that the agent believed in him and that he passed eligibility, however since we apply late for his FBI records they will wait for them and then they will contact us back with a decision.

My husband was interviewed for almost an hour. The lady was really nice with him and he answered truthfully and they saw he really knows me and he wants us to be together whether we establish in Canada or in any other place, all the questions posted in this tread help us a lot and reading different experiences help us to prepare better for the possible answers. It seems that they had concerns about the withdrawn charge in Canada of assault and my husband immigration history (he overstayed).

My husband was interviewed first for almost an hour and then he came out saying nothing just crying and he gave me a hug and i told him i love him regardless. 5 minutes passed he was still speechless and i comforted him as i thought it was bad news, then he smiles and says the Agent believed me and my credibility and i have passed eligibility, she wants to talk to you and then with both of us together.

They told me they were aware of my husband withdrawn charge, and that she believed him, that we are in a genuine relationship, but because we haven't submitted the FBI records they will wait until they receive them and contact us back with a decision.

Then they ask me to call me husband and say almost the same and also return lots of documents that they don't need anymore. Chat logs, phone calls, photos, etc.

Laywer says she is happy for us and that this is definitely good news. we just have to wait (this is my fault as I missed the step for the FBI)

I hope you received info about your case asap and that you don't go to interview. but if you end up going, I will tell you that staying calm, focus and hear all the advices that you have given me, because it really help.

I hope my experience helps others, as well.

Reactions: faithey and majesty

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Thank you Majesty.

I just want to share the good news.

At the end of the interview my husband was told that the agent believed in him and that he passed eligibility, however since we apply late for his FBI records they will wait for them and then they will contact us back with a decision.

My husband was interviewed for almost an hour. The lady was really nice with him and he answered truthfully and they saw he really knows me and he wants us to be together whether we establish in Canada or in any other place, all the questions posted in this tread help us a lot and reading different experiences help us to prepare better for the possible answers. It seems that they had concerns about the withdrawn charge in Canada of assault and my husband immigration history (he overstayed).

My husband was interviewed first for almost an hour and then he came out saying nothing just crying and he gave me a hug and i told him i love him regardless. 5 minutes passed he was still speechless and i comforted him as i thought it was bad news, then he smiles and says the Agent believed me and my credibility and i have passed eligibility, she wants to talk to you and then with both of us together.

They told me they were aware of my husband withdrawn charge, and that she believed him, that we are in a genuine relationship, but because we haven't submitted the FBI records they will wait until they receive them and contact us back with a decision.

Then they ask me to call me husband and say almost the same and also return lots of documents that they don't need anymore. Chat logs, phone calls, photos, etc.

Laywer says she is happy for us and that this is definitely good news. we just have to wait (this is my fault as I missed the step for the FBI)

I hope you received info about your case asap and that you don't go to interview. but if you end up going, I will tell you that staying calm, focus and hear all the advices that you have given me, because it really help.

I hope my experience helps others, as well.
I am so happy for the both of you! It is always very touching when I hear that people got approved. Your long wait is almost over and now you know that the biggest hurdle is cleared and all you have to do is wait a little while longer before you get all your paperwork done!

We of course still have received no communication. Tomorrow is our 12 month anniversary of when our app was received in Mississauga. Last week I called the IRCC call centre and the agent told me to send a letter to the VO telling them that we have reached or gone past 12 months. Tomorrow I will send the letter to the VO asking them what the status of our application is and hopefully next week we will get some answers about whether we are going to be interviewed or not.

Jes13

Oct 9, 2017
Please share your thoughts about my spouse outland interview. She is still in our country of birth with two kids, the last is a Canadian citizen.
We were requested to supply documentation to establish our relationship which we did. We were previously refused owing to misrepresentation and 2 years elapsed before making another application, but this time our Lawyer included compassionate and humanitarian grounds for best interest of our children.
The interviewer was not too satisfied with the answer provided by my spouse on reasons for misrepresenting one of her employers. But she apologised with explanation. All other questions were good.
The visa official returned all the pictures, documentation and passports including for our kids. He further mentioned that the documents on file were since 2015 and said he will contact our Lawyer for update. Out of our pictures she went with, the interviewer took one and promised to get back to us next week and contact the Lawyer. She finally said if more documentation is required, we will be contacted or we will be refused. What is our fate please?

alisaw

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
beirut
App. Filed.......
20-07-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
File Transfer...
18-08-2017
Med's Request
31-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-08-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018 passed
Passport Req..
26-10-2018
Interview experience
--------------
questions?

marriage date
engagement date
when did your husband travel date left Lebanon after marriage
place of wedding
why didn’t have wedding in your village
why not wearing white
why no pic of moving ring in wedding
why no honey moon right after wedding
where did u go for honey moon
why the honey moon was not right after the wedding
do u have any picture of the honey moon
did you live together
where did u live after u got married
at his house or his parents home
what did u do after getting married places we went life style
in which hand was the ring on engagement when did u move it
where was these pictures taken
officer asked personal questions!!
------------------------------
interview took about 30 min
she had to wait 2.5 hour inside the embassy. stuff were friendly & helpfull. officer was candian interpreter was lebanese.
------------------------------
officer was nice didnt use any pressure she was going throu the file we prepared didnt go into details just looking. she did go throu the pictures mainly asked her questions while fliping them she asked her to show the ring and was matching with photos.
-------------------------------
finally officer smiled and said i'm satisfied your marriage is real
i have no more concern about your marriage. next step is background check.
-------------------------------
we prepared
all new proofs
about 100 pic
western union rec
after submitting our application
proof i have visited my wife and stayed for 2.5 month after marriage.
we went for honeymoon on my sec visit flight hotel resevation passport stamps & pictures
screen shot of whatsup call.
screen shots of facebook messenger calls

Reactions: Aloaleja

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Ok, so I'm an August applicant, sponsoring my husband and his 2 daughters from Haiti. Tuesday morning he gets a called from embassy in Port au Prince to attend an interview on Thurs Feb 1. He must bring, more wedding photos, chat logs, communication history, social media etc, his passport, and copies of my passport pages stamped showing I've visited since the Wedding.

Being in Canada, its easier for me to put all of this together because access to computers, printing, making photos easier.

So here I am, in miami airport, waiting for my connecting flight to haiti!. I had a ticket booked for next month, so i quickly changed the flight so i could give him the package and be with him. I'm not going to lie...im nervous and scared....its one thing to know your marriage is genuine, and family and friends know that. But convincing strangers who have your future in their hands is nerve wracking!

In addition to what they are asking we are also including in our package, 5 new support letter from family and friends, chat logs I have with several of his family members, western union receipts. Please pray for us or send positive energy!! Please excuse any typos, I'm running to the gate for my flight now.

Reactions: Aloaleja

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Ok, so I'm an August applicant, sponsoring my husband and his 2 daughters from Haiti. Tuesday morning he gets a called from embassy in Port au Prince to attend an interview on Thurs Feb 1. He must bring, more wedding photos, chat logs, communication history, social media etc, his passport, and copies of my passport pages stamped showing I've visited since the Wedding.

Being in Canada, its easier for me to put all of this together because access to computers, printing, making photos easier.

So here I am, in miami airport, waiting for my connecting flight to haiti!. I had a ticket booked for next month, so i quickly changed the flight so i could give him the package and be with him. I'm not going to lie...im nervous and scared....its one thing to know your marriage is genuine, and family and friends know that. But convincing strangers who have your future in their hands is nerve wracking!

In addition to what they are asking we are also including in our package, 5 new support letter from family and friends, chat logs I have with several of his family members, western union receipts. Please pray for us or send positive energy!! Please excuse any typos, I'm running to the gate for my flight now.
Good luck!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016

hello,

changing your flight to be able to attend your husband interview shows how important he is for you, hopefully the officer note that.

I heard ya about the access to computers, I am in Mexico and it was really stressful trying to gather all the evidence.

best wishes!!

Reactions: faithey