+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Hello All,

I was going through the questions and there was question on education:

"In terms of education would you say yours and your spouse educational background are compatable? Ours is not. and if they further ask don't you think this is an issue? It is not an issue for me. I don't judge people by their qualification.

My husband is a trades man and I am a University Graduate. But honestly he is more smart and intelligent than I am. he earns more than what i earn. I am good at paper work and he is excellent at general knowledge. He increases his knowledge by watching documentaries, youtube videos and always experimenting with his tools. I am not trying to put myself down just for the purpose of the interview but very honestly, my husband has taught me so many things and how to be practical in life and to deal with difficult situations. he has made me a strong lady. He could not finish his education because of financial issues. But this answer will not satisfy the Immigration officer.

Your help would be very much appreciated?

AARCEE

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
aarcee said:
Hello All,

"In terms of education would you say yours and your spouse educational background are compatable? Ours is not. and if they further ask don't you think this is an issue? It is not an issue for me. I don't judge people by their qualification.

My husband is a trades man and I am a University Graduate. But honestly he is more smart and intelligent than I am. he earns more than what i earn. I am good at paper work and he is excellent at general knowledge. He increases his knowledge by watching documentaries, youtube videos and always experimenting with his tools. I am not trying to put myself down just for the purpose of the interview but very honestly, my husband has taught me so many things and how to be practical in life and to deal with difficult situations. he has made me a strong lady. He could not finish his education because of financial issues. But this answer will not satisfy the Immigration officer.

AARCEE
I kind of disagree here.

The men in my family (we're all Canadians) are either tradesmen or well educated. There is no in between. The women all possess higher education. We are all on even ground, which is the basis of the question. So a degree or a doctorate doesn't mean you cannot relate to others.

In my case, I left highschool without finishing. It was faaar too slow and boring for me. I later got a degree (without highschool, by aceing entrance exams). My wife has a degree in Economics. She thinks I need to finish a PhD. I've worked with PhDs from my field, who have graduated from the top school in the world. They said I would have no problem getting it from the same school. I have also taught in higher ed in recent years.

So, the basis of this question I disagree with. I'd be happy to argue it with any immigration officer ;).

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
profiler said:
I kind of disagree here.

The men in my family (we're all Canadians) are either tradesmen or well educated. There is no in between. The women all possess higher education. We are all on even ground, which is the basis of the question. So a degree or a doctorate doesn't mean you cannot relate to others.

In my case, I left highschool without finishing. It was faaar too slow and boring for me. I later got a degree (without highschool, by aceing entrance exams). My wife has a degree in Economics. She thinks I need to finish a PhD. I've worked with PhDs from my field, who have graduated from the top school in the world. They said I would have no problem getting it from the same school. I have also taught in higher ed in recent years.

So, the basis of this question I disagree with. I'd be happy to argue it with any immigration officer ;).
Totally agree with you, however in the eyes of the VO a big difference in education is seen as a red flag. To the officer people with similar backgrounds seem more compatible.. not saying it's right.. but it's the way it is.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ImABule said:
Totally agree with you, however in the eyes of the VO a big difference in education is seen as a red flag. To the officer people with similar backgrounds seem more compatible.. not saying it's right.. but it's the way it is.
Sure. I understand the prejudice. But it doesn't mean I agree that it's the norm :). I'd still argue it simply by shaing what I shared above.

Tradespeople may have chosen that path in life because it's more interesting. My father is a genius who is a mechanic (and taught himself the other trades, electronics, now the intracacies of computers). No college. It was just more interesting..

Again, a story to browbeat the officer with ;).

I have more... ;)

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
profiler said:
Sure. I understand the prejudice. But it doesn't mean I agree that it's the norm :). I'd still argue it simply by shaing what I shared above.

Tradespeople may have chosen that path in life because it's more interesting. My father is a genius who is a mechanic (and taught himself the other trades, electronics, now the intracacies of computers). No college. It was just more interesting..

Again, a story to browbeat the officer with ;).

I have more... ;)
Hello profiler and ImABule,

Thanks for your answers. I agree with you both but like ImABule has said they difference is education is definitely a red flag.

AARCEE

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
aarcee said:

Thanks for your answers. I agree with you both but like ImABule has said they difference is education is definitely a red flag.

AARCEE
Like I said, I wasn't desputing the prejudice. I am desputing the premise that it rests on. It's definately not something to fret about. Just explain as you have here. Problem solved.

The premise is like saying because my wife is a capricorn and I am an aries that we couldn't possibly communicate, get along, or build a life together.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
aarcee said:
Hello All,

AARCEE
Hi AARCEE,

You have already answered the question. Tell them that two of you are meant for each other despite difference in education level. Your spouse is a self educated and enlightened person. You guys face absolutely no issues for difference in education rather you have learned so many interesting things from him. Keep your answer simple and natural.

Hasan

juwelsingh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/sep/2015
File Transfer...
03/nov/2015
Med's Done....
11/aug/2015
Interview........
20/june/2016 (kuala lumpur )
Passport Req..
14-oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully verry soon
LANDED..........
cannot wait for that
hello guys finally just rcv my pp with 1 year visa soooooo happy and excited tnk u everyone tnx a lot spcly hasan bhai and farhana u guys r superb......

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
juwelsingh said:
hello guys finally just rcv my pp with 1 year visa soooooo happy and excited tnk u everyone tnx a lot spcly hasan bhai and farhana u guys r superb......
Congrats!

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
juwelsingh said:
Congratulation! when will you come Canada?

Take care
farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
aarcee said:
hello Farahna786,

I just sent you a private message. Did you receive it.

AARCEE
Hello Aacee,
I got your PM and reply you.

Take care

Farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
sjgolfer014 said:
congrats , i am also waiting for my Passport , when did you send your passport to CIC singapore

Regard
SJgolfer
Hello Sjgolfer,

Sorry for late reply. I got my passport with visa1 months 15 days later. Hopefully you will get your passport very soon. Now a day I am little bit sick because I have serious finger pain. I went to doctor last week but the doctor did not give me any medicine and told me “PAIN IS YOUR FRIEND”. I don’t know when I recover myself from this situation. How is your baby? When will you plan to go Canada?

Regards
Farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
aarcee said:
Hello All,

AARCEE
Question asked by Aarcee,

“In terms of education would you say yours and your spouse educational background are compatable?”

If I am in your situation I answer this question-------

• Yes

If officer, ask you why? Explain it?

• My husband is a self-educated and enlightened person. He has a good general knowledge and I leaned many things from him.

What you learn from your husband?

• I learnt from my husband how to be practical and face the difficult situation in life. He made me strong lady.

Take care
Farhana

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
hello,
thank you all for the help that you have provided me in filling the apps, this thread was very helpful!

We submitted the app on Saturday and now the waiting has begun!

What happens next? How do I follow my app process?

Thank you.

Regards,
Noor

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
aarcee said:

AARCEE
Dear Aacree,

Most of the applicant here has some “Red Flag” and every applicant faced their interview like—

Hasan999: He has lost his previous PR and then apply again. His previous PR lost is his “RED FLAG”. But in his interview, he answered well and the immigration officer gave him visa.

Zee: He has second and quick Re marriage. It is his “RED FLAG”. His wife faced the interview and got visa.

Sam: They are both belongs to different religion and it is there application “RED FLAG”

Farhana766: She has a second and quick re- marriage. It is her” RED FLAG”.

Sjgolfer: His case is very simple but his wife withdraws the application because they had fight. Then again her wife email the visa office that she did not want to withdraw and the visa office put him interview. The visa Withdraw become his “RED FLAG”. Recently he faced interview and got PPR request.

In this forum, most of the applicant faced the interview and got visa. So, you should understand if you will answer your answer properly you will get your visa. The question is not so difficult. The officer question you from your application and your life related. If you think you have lots of “RED Flag” and you cannot get visa. But the true thing the interview is your last opportunity to get visa.

In my case one Canadian Bangladeshi lawyer said it is difficult to get visa and one Canadian lawyer said if you answer proper way maybe you will get visa. My application weak point is “Second marriage and quick RE- Marriage”. Before my interview I got negative everywhere but lastly one lady who is consultant in immigration she told my husband there is nothing worry if she explains well the immigration officer will give her visa. I thank the lady who make me positive.

I share all this thing because you are afraid. If you think negative you will get negative if you think positive you will get positive. Before my interview I got negative in everywhere and the lawyer make me negative and confused. If I make me negative maybe I will not get visa. I cannot talk fluent English and I did my interview in my own native language.

Take care
Farhana