Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
BGC is a very important step and sometimes takes considerably long time depending on the individual file. Once it is done successfully you will expect PPR in no time.

Hasan

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hello to all.
My name is Andrew, I am the PA in our application. Our visa office is Bogota, Colombia. I have been requested to attend an in-person interview on December 6th, 2017 at 11 am. Our application is very straightforward (or at least, I thought that). The interview request letter said I should bring proof that the relationship is genuine and still ongoing. I just want to share with you what proofs I'll be bringing to the interview so maybe you'll have advises or opinions on this.
- I have about 31 pages of conversations with my wife (from shortly after she went back to Canada to just before I was requested for the interview). The conversations include one where we were talking about her delayed period, and the home pregnancy test she was taking (negative) and about how we're going to get an IUD because it'll be better than the pill. There's also a long conversation, which is more like a fight, on our two-month anniversary, because we had scheduled it to have a dinner together (on Skype, video call) and she missed it because she wasn't home by the time of having dinner. I got very upset because of that, so we had a very long discussion where at the end she asked for forgiveness. I also have conversations with her parents, we have a group chat where we talk about stuff sometimes, 5 pages of conversations there.
- A notarized letter from my brother writing on behalf of our true relationship.
- Screenshots of sonnets I've written for her and sent them (I am a newbie writer, so I write things for her sometimes). From the first one I wrote to her, in April 2016, to the one before the last one, in September 2017, 134 in total. Probably will include the last one, which I wrote a few days ago and gave it to her the same day.
- The thanking note from my first book, which I published in October 2017. I thank her for supporting me, reminding me who I am, being with me through the ups and downs of my life.
- A couple of emails between her and me, about publishing my book.
- A couple of emails between me and my editorial, asking them to send printed copies of the book to my wife in Canada and to me in Colombia. Also giving them my wife's bank account information so they send the money from royalties there in the future.
- Photos of us that we didn't include with the original application. We're washing dishes on one of them, having ice cream and a few from our honey moon, which we didn't include with the application upfront.
- A receipt where she sent me money back in September
- About 20 pages of screenshots from video calls logs we've had (we skype every day for hours).
- A screenshot of the Facebook page we created for me as a writer (we are both admins for the page).

Do you have any suggestions or advises? Thank you all and have a good day.

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
Hope BGC will be completed soon to end the process.

Hasan
thanks vaia

can you please tell me what includes in the background check ? i mean what they look for in these check .. and also my ECAS is showing "Decision made" but mycic is still showing we are processing your application .. so i am a bit confused . Also in ECAS its showing "we sent you a letter on sep 29th and october 4th . Please consider mail delays for delivery." i don't know what letter r they talking about ? on oct 4th i got my interview letter through email . i guess that's the one on 4th but on sep 29th i did not receive any letter or anything .. is there anything to be worried ?

Last edited:

ashaduzzaman007

Oct 6, 2016
i am principle applicant
my time line is
may 19th app sent
July 22 sent police certificate and background declaration
sep 7 case started processing on Singapore
oct 11 they ask for medical and passed medical on 16th oct and 17th oct they sent me in my home address our proof of pic and some fb conversation with a interview letter that i have to face interview
so my question is now how
1.how many months i have to wait for interview call? as i after December applicant should it done by 12 months ?
02. i have a two red flags one is principle applicant is divorced before and it was short term for 3 months marriage
03.our family doesn't concerned about our marriage but now they got to know and after all fight they agreed to give us concerned letter with noteri that now they agree about relationship
so now please give me suggestion then i can prepare myself
tnx in advance

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
thanks vaia

can you please tell me what includes in the background check ? i mean what they look for in these check .. and also my ECAS is showing "Decision made" but mycic is still showing we are processing your application .. so i am a bit confused . Also in ECAS its showing "we sent you a letter on sep 29th and october 4th . Please consider mail delays for delivery." i don't know what letter r they talking about ? on oct 4th i got my interview letter through email . i guess that's the one on 4th but on sep 29th i did not receive any letter or anything .. is there anything to be worried ?
Nothing to be worried as you satisfied your interviewer!

Letter of Sep.29 could contain returning your original documents but I'm not sure. If you want you can send email for the clarification. BGC includes comprehensive checking of applicant's background in terms of security, criminal record and clearance from the respective departments. BGC is done by independent organization.

Check this for details:

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Hasan

Last edited:

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hello to all.
My name is Andrew, I am the PA in our application. Our visa office is Bogota, Colombia. I have been requested to attend an in-person interview on December 6th, 2017 at 11 am. Our application is very straightforward (or at least, I thought that). The interview request letter said I should bring proof that the relationship is genuine and still ongoing. I just want to share with you what proofs I'll be bringing to the interview so maybe you'll have advises or opinions on this.
- I have about 31 pages of conversations with my wife (from shortly after she went back to Canada to just before I was requested for the interview). The conversations include one where we were talking about her delayed period, and the home pregnancy test she was taking (negative) and about how we're going to get an IUD because it'll be better than the pill. There's also a long conversation, which is more like a fight, on our two-month anniversary, because we had scheduled it to have a dinner together (on Skype, video call) and she missed it because she wasn't home by the time of having dinner. I got very upset because of that, so we had a very long discussion where at the end she asked for forgiveness. I also have conversations with her parents, we have a group chat where we talk about stuff sometimes, 5 pages of conversations there.
- A notarized letter from my brother writing on behalf of our true relationship.
- Screenshots of sonnets I've written for her and sent them (I am a newbie writer, so I write things for her sometimes). From the first one I wrote to her, in April 2016, to the one before the last one, in September 2017, 134 in total. Probably will include the last one, which I wrote a few days ago and gave it to her the same day.
- The thanking note from my first book, which I published in October 2017. I thank her for supporting me, reminding me who I am, being with me through the ups and downs of my life.
- A couple of emails between her and me, about publishing my book.
- A couple of emails between me and my editorial, asking them to send printed copies of the book to my wife in Canada and to me in Colombia. Also giving them my wife's bank account information so they send the money from royalties there in the future.
- Photos of us that we didn't include with the original application. We're washing dishes on one of them, having ice cream and a few from our honey moon, which we didn't include with the application upfront.
- A receipt where she sent me money back in September
- About 20 pages of screenshots from video calls logs we've had (we skype every day for hours).
- A screenshot of the Facebook page we created for me as a writer (we are both admins for the page).

Do you have any suggestions or advises? Thank you all and have a good day.

The way you have submitted papers is okey. Preparation also means you have to practice questions and answers to your full satisfaction. If you go through old pages of this thread, you will be in a better position to face your interview very comfortably. Many forum members have been successful in their interview by following invaluable information and suggestions as contained in this thread.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
i am principle applicant
my time line is
may 19th app sent
July 22 sent police certificate and background declaration
sep 7 case started processing on Singapore
oct 11 they ask for medical and passed medical on 16th oct and 17th oct they sent me in my home address our proof of pic and some fb conversation with a interview letter that i have to face interview
so my question is now how
1.how many months i have to wait for interview call? as i after December applicant should it done by 12 months ?
02. i have a two red flags one is principle applicant is divorced before and it was short term for 3 months marriage
03.our family doesn't concerned about our marriage but now they got to know and after all fight they agreed to give us concerned letter with noteri that now they agree about relationship
so now please give me suggestion then i can prepare myself
tnx in advance
You're from which country?

Please take your time to read old relevant pages of this thread and I'm sure you will get enough knowledge to prepare yourself quite well before your interview. Get your GCMS notes. Expect interview within next 6 months to one year but they will give you formal letter 4-6 weeks in advance.

Your red flags can be properly addressed by submitting your ongoing relationship proofs and evidences.

If possible both of you should live together or spend vacation together as many times as possible. Try to get TRV to visit your spouse also. CIC will ensure by all means that you have married your spouse genuinely but not to obtain Canadian PR solely by "marriage of convenience". So both of you need to prove that.

Good luck.

Hasan

ashaduzzaman007

Oct 6, 2016
You're from which country?

Please take your time to read old relevant pages of this thread and I'm sure you will get enough knowledge to prepare yourself quite well before your interview. Get your GCMS notes. Expect interview within next 6 months to one year but they will give you formal letter 4-6 weeks in advance.

Your red flags can be properly addressed by submitting your ongoing relationship proofs and evidences.

If possible both of you should live together or spend vacation together as many times as possible. Try to get TRV to visit your spouse also. CIC will ensure by all means that you have married your spouse genuinely but not to obtain Canadian PR solely by "marriage of convenience". So both of you need to prove that.

Good luck.

Hasan
I am from Bangladesh so that's mean they will give me at least one month before interview right ? And hasan bhai I need your help can you plz text me your fb ID then I can ask some question for my interview issue
Plz it's urgent

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
I am from Bangladesh so that's mean they will give me at least one month before interview right ? And hasan bhai I need your help can you plz text me your fb ID then I can ask some question for my interview issue
Plz it's urgent
Hello Ashaduzzaman007,

I am not active member in this forum. Now a days I think the visa office will give you interview date 6 months or one year later.

The visa office will send you email or letter one month ago before your interview.

So you have enough time to prepare your interview.

Best regards

Farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Hi , i AM from pakistan karachi , husband is a canadian citizen we got married in 2014 aug and collected our papers by 2015 submitted to the lawyer all the time we were thinking he has submitted and we didn't know the whole process but later in 2016 we got to know he never submitted due to which there was a long gap and then we actually submitted the application in 2017 .. our file was transferred to london vo on 19th june and i got a email for interview for 5th of december now i'm not sure what to say to the officer as to why we delayed the case .. the other issue is i'm worried about it my husband came to pakistan in january 2017 he didn't visit after after marriage .. is it going to be difficult to convince them in this situation?

Hello March_19YSH,

You got married 2014 and your husband visited with you 2017. After marriage he only visited with you one time. To me its strange. Like you I got married 2014 . My husband left to Canada 2014 and applied for me September,2014. He again visited with me 2015. I faced my interview 2016. The interview was my bad dream still now.

You are married more than 3 years and you have communication and financial proof.

Communication means...

1.Email

2. whatsapp, viber, Fb, skype or any other app

Financial proof---

1.transfast money reciept

2. westren union money recipt

The most important thing you have to well knowledge about your husband past and present life and also his family members.

you know your relation better than immigration officer. Give them your honest answer and do not try to hide any thing from them.

The officer will ask your application story,your husband related question like his job and his Canadian life. The officer will also ask you about your husbands family members.

The common thing in the interview...........................

1. your name

2. who sponsor you

3. your application related story question

4. your husband Canadian life

5. How you communication with your husband (

6. why your husband visit with you after long time . The reason and explanation

7. your marriage photo if they doubt the officer can ask you any question.

This a interview and you know your story better than the officer. Dont feel nervous , feel this is the way you can build up your family with your husband.

May be there is some reason your husband visited with you one time after your marriage. Explain the reason and your honest answer make your interview easy.

I can advice you one thing that dont feel difficult any thing just thing you can give them every explanation what they want and they will ask your story thats it. you have to answer it

Best regards

Farhana

Reactions: faithey

annalinda14

Nov 6, 2017
R
Congratulations dear. Can you share yo
Hello guys ,gusto ko lang ishare sa inyo.hindi niyo kailangan maging nervous ,stress at iba pa kapag nakarecieve Kyo ng letter for interview.. Specially for spousal interview kasi ang gusto lang Ng visa officer kung totoo ang mga answers sa application .. Genuineness of relationships.so kapag alam niyo na genuine ang relationship Hindi niyo kailangan mag alala ..I had my interview and right after the interview visa officer told me that I was approved and sent me a remedical instructions 5 minutes after the interview..Only personal information bout sponsor and applicant,how well do you know your sponsor background .. just be yourself guys,tell the truth and everything will be fine ..
I have an interview on Monday - Nov. 20. Praying and and hoping that it will go well.

annalinda14

Nov 6, 2017
R
Congratulations dear. Can you share yo
Hello guys ,gusto ko lang ishare sa inyo.hindi niyo kailangan maging nervous ,stress at iba pa kapag nakarecieve Kyo ng letter for interview.. Specially for spousal interview kasi ang gusto lang Ng visa officer kung totoo ang mga answers sa application .. Genuineness of relationships.so kapag alam niyo na genuine ang relationship Hindi niyo kailangan mag alala ..I had my interview and right after the interview visa officer told me that I was approved and sent me a remedical instructions 5 minutes after the interview..Only personal information bout sponsor and applicant,how well do you know your sponsor background .. just be yourself guys,tell the truth and everything will be fine ..
I have an interview on Monday - Nov. 20. Praying and hoping that it will go well.