+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Dreamerforever

Jan 9, 2018
Just a quick update that we had in fact received the DM letter, but it had ended up in Spam. So our timeline now looks something like this:

Application received: December 6, 2017
AOR: January 24, 2018
Medical Request: June 5, 2018
Medical Done: June 9, 2018
Medical Received/Passed: June 13, 2018
DM on ECAS both sides: October 10, 2018
SA Email: October 10, 2018
DM Email: October 11, 2018
AIP Email: October 15, 2018 (yeah, weird I know).

Now we're just waiting for the landing email from Etobicoke. I'll update when we receive it.

Good luck everyone!

Kriestyn

Feb 3, 2018
Just a quick update that we had in fact received the DM letter, but it had ended up in Spam. So our timeline now looks something like this:

Application received: December 6, 2017
AOR: January 24, 2018
Medical Request: June 5, 2018
Medical Done: June 9, 2018
Medical Received/Passed: June 13, 2018
DM on ECAS both sides: October 10, 2018
SA Email: October 10, 2018
DM Email: October 11, 2018
AIP Email: October 15, 2018 (yeah, weird I know).

Now we're just waiting for the landing email from Etobicoke. I'll update when we receive it.

Good luck everyone!
We almost have the same timeline, I have my application submitted on 7th of December, received aip : October 9, SA : October 10th, no dm yet on both sides

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Just an update, finally landed immigrant at 9:19 am this morning for being out of status for somoong.. The agent was so nice.In the invitation letter, they just asked to bring for the applicant valid id and 2 pc's pic. She then asked for my old passport, the one I used when I entered Canada, and I didn't have it with me, but I told her I had my work permit issued to me when i entered, and she said oh thank goodness that saved your day. Whew, what a relief.
She just asked if i had children that i didn't declared, and now the time to come out lol. Asked the Sponsor id he is landed immigrant , or married, blah blan. She asked if was ever convicted of crimes, when was the last time I left Canada. Then she said congratulation, you are now a landed immigrant.
Go to all, and congratulations in advance!

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi @Danish1371 We finally contacted the MP on Friday, she said she would have an answer by Yesterday haha. I was surprised with that as I've seen they take longer than that, we'll see if she contacts us today.

As for anything else, we're still waiting...

Congratulations on yours, Today your husband lands, it must feel great to feel weightless. Let us know when everything is done :)

Thanks for asking. :)
We are home and it's all completed, he was worried right up to the time we got back home. It went well and the lady was very nice and ya it's a strange feeling to just be done !

CIC took about three weeks to get back to the MP... so slow as always but it did help for us and I hope it does for you too !

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Just an update, finally landed immigrant at 9:19 am this morning for being out of status for somoong.. The agent was so nice.In the invitation letter, they just asked to bring for the applicant valid id and 2 pc's pic. She then asked for my old passport, the one I used when I entered Canada, and I didn't have it with me, but I told her I had my work permit issued to me when i entered, and she said oh thank goodness that saved your day. Whew, what a relief.
She just asked if i had children that i didn't declared, and now the time to come out lol. Asked the Sponsor id he is landed immigrant , or married, blah blan. She asked if was ever convicted of crimes, when was the last time I left Canada. Then she said congratulation, you are now a landed immigrant.
Go to all, and congratulations in advance!

Congratulations I think we were landed by about that time as well :) then we went and had breakfast :p

Reactions: Can_loves_Aus

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I see DM on Sponsors side. Applicant side still says In progress. And they sent an email asking to pay 490 fee. Anyone knows how long it could take till the end and what are the next steps.... Aplication received on Dec 11th.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
SOOO... we are done !! The interview was painless (even though hubby was so nervous) she only really asked if we were married or common law, if he had any convictions (which he did have a non-serious one from 20 years ago) and she asked if it was all cleared which he had the paper to show her but she was like oh don't worry I can see it here that it's all good. She asked to see his passport and my ID and checked the address was correct and had him sign the COPR and that was pretty much it. She figured out he was very nervous so kept saying it was ok and everything was fine :) Took his photos and that was it. Since we had to go all the way into Calgary for the Landing appointment we also went to the Service Canada office which is in the same building and had his SIN changed to a permanent one.
I actually found it quite refreshing that the woman who landed him was clearly born outside of Canada ( by her accent ) it was cool she had obviously come full circle from applying herself to landing others !

Then since we'd paid for parking and it was a lovely day we went for a wander and found a breakfast place and enjoyed worry free eggs

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
SOOO... we are done !! The interview was painless (even though hubby was so nervous) she only really asked if we were married or common law, if he had any convictions (which he did have a non-serious one from 20 years ago) and she asked if it was all cleared which he had the paper to show her but she was like oh don't worry I can see it here that it's all good. She asked to see his passport and my ID and checked the address was correct and had him sign the COPR and that was pretty much it. She figured out he was very nervous so kept saying it was ok and everything was fine :) Took his photos and that was it. Since we had to go all the way into Calgary for the Landing appointment we also went to the Service Canada office which is in the same building and had his SIN changed to a permanent one.
I actually found it quite refreshing that the woman who landed him was clearly born outside of Canada ( by her accent ) it was cool she had obviously come full circle from applying herself to landing others !

Then since we'd paid for parking and it was a lovely day we went for a wander and found a breakfast place and enjoyed worry free eggs
That's so nice. Congratulations to the both of you! The weight is finally lifted. You guys can get better sleep now. Haha

Reactions: Danish1371

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I see DM on Sponsors side. Applicant side still says In progress. And they sent an email asking to pay 490 fee. Anyone knows how long it could take till the end and what are the next steps.... Aplication received on Dec 11th.
DM on PA side can take a few hours or days, sometimes weeks it just depends. Usually it's fairly quick unless they decide they need something else from you. In our case they asked for and additional report then after three weeks of waiting for that to arrive they suddenly decided they didn't need it and sent us a landing appointment. ( I had called my MP as we were over the 12 month mark )
Once DM is completed you will receive a landing letter with your appointment on it. Good luck !

Reactions: jeet07 and SunnyK17