+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

AfantyZ

Apr 18, 2018
I got my DM on Tuesday and then received an email for a landing interview that's scheduled for next Friday 9am in Kitchener! I sent a webform with one line, "My application is not in the normal processing time." and that seemed to have sped it up from where we last chatted.
Good to know.
Late afternoon, when I logged in I saw DM on sponsor and application both sides. Hope I got landing interview email soon.

Reactions: Janii and Leogirl22

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi folks,
It sounds like people who submitted their application in June and July of 2017 are now seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Can anybody share their guess as to what's next for me, and when, as per my timeline below? Much appreciated, thanks!
My process is going perfectly smoothly and still waiting. ECAS shows "In process" for both of us, but that's it. No eligibility yet... So, it may take another month or more for you to hear anything from them if your processing time will be the same as mine.

Reactions: BertlCamus

caseyelle

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Kelowna
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
Hi everyone :)
I am new here!! really need you guys help. CIC got my application on July 31, 2017 (common in law sponsorship), and they changed my status on May 15, 2018 to I passed the medical exam.
The problem is my current working visa will be expired this September 9. ( I have not applied for the open work visa with my sponsorship application because the processing time was 12 month.. so I just expected that I would get my pr card before my working visa gets expired).
I don't know if I should apply for the open working visa since it also takes time to get the open working visa?? or should I wait for my PR???
Please advise me.. do you guys think that I should wait?? or apply for the working visa???
Thank you!
I’m in a pretty similar situation I am June 28th applicant my IEC visa expires October 5th, haven’t sent for open work permit hoping to have landing interview before that. I’m gonna wait till August and if still no update I guess I’ll have to apply for open work permit which I really don’t wanna do. The card takes about 2 months after landing interview so I don’t think the card is the main thing we need to wait for, landing interview is most important!

Aparnajohn

Mar 18, 2018
Hi there,
I am an international student in Canada,I got study permit up to November 2019.I just married last week .He is also on study permit and his visa will expire on this August.He came here 2017 January but unfortunately dropped his course after first semester and started to study in a private college.Then he realized that private colleges will not get a pgwp.So he dropped his college after two semester.Now he is not enrolled anywhere.Is it an issue for spouse dependent open work permit.

Aparnajohn

Mar 18, 2018
Hi there,
I am an international student in Canada,I got study permit up to November 2019.I just married last week .He is also on study permit and his visa will expire on this August.He came here 2017 January but unfortunately dropped his course after first semester and started to study in a private college.Then he realized that private colleges will not get a pgwp.So he dropped his college after two semester.Now he is not enrolled anywhere.Is it an issue for spouse dependent open work permit.

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

Newbie here. We've been following for a while and wanna say thanks for all the free help that is given daily. It's amazing!

We are Dec 2017 and waiting for medicals(hopefully soon).

Best of luck to us all. :)

Reactions: SunnyK17

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
that is their intent, however they are currently backlogged with inland applications and are currently processing Dec 2015 applications. It is common to wait 2+ years for inland approval. only time will tell if IRCC can uphold the "Within 12 month" guideline for the new 2017 application package.
Hi, do you know how they are doing now?things seem to be a little bit slow.

I applied inland in 2016... my application was received December 2nd.
I got my medical done last November (2017) and passed. However submitted my background check last year in May and it has been processing since June until now... i don’t know if that is normal.
Also when I check online it just says that my application was received it doesn’t say if it’s in process or anything.

It also says that they sent me correspondence in March. But I did not receive anything and I have called twice and the agent says I have no correspondence.
Should I be worried???

Schmo

May 20, 2018
Red Deer
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-26-2017
AOR Received.
06-26-2017
Med's Request
03-14-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
We got AIP today !!!
AOR June 26th 2017
Schedule A/PCc July 2017
OWP August 2017
Medical passed February (old student permit) re requested March 15 2017 passed April 7 2017
Schedule A/Pcc re requested (we went out of country?)
AIP May 24 2018

Ecas showing PR in process
No update for SA or Sponsor
Phone updates says “we are reviewing your eligibility”

Hopefully landing interview soon?
Hopefully SA?
Good luck June

Last edited:

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
We got AIP today !!!
AOR June 26th 2017
Schedule A/PCc July 2017
OWP August 2017
Medical passed February (old student permit) re requested March 15 2017 passed April 7 2017
Schedule A/Pcc re requested (we went out of country?)
AIP May 24 2017

Ecas showing PR in process
No update for SA or Sponsor
Phone updates says “we are reviewing your eligibility”

Hopefully landing interview soon?
Hopefully SA?
Good luck June
Good news!! Your Mycic got update that they are reviewing your eligility as well? Just curious if they update the phone first or mycic lol

jollyjumper

May 24, 2018
Hi guys,

I applied for PR (spousal sponsorship) on July 31st 2017 (Quebec). Passed the medical exam end of March and all the paperwork seems to be done (Quebec also approved last year already).
Background check is in progress since months, my eligibility hasn't been reviewed yet.

Anyone here that applied around the same date? Did anyone receive news?

I'm holding an open work permit (still valid for 2 years now), but this work permit doesn't allow me to attend any educational institution. I applied for a PhD program in McGill University in January and just got the position. School starts on September 1st. I'm wondering if I should apply for a study permit now (processing time is only 8 weeks) or if I just wait and cross my fingers.

Did everybody here receive a final decision within 12 months? And how long does it take until I receive my papers after getting approved?

Good luck everybody!

Schmo

May 20, 2018
Red Deer
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-26-2017
AOR Received.
06-26-2017
Med's Request
03-14-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Good news!! Your Mycic got update that they are reviewing your eligility as well? Just curious if they update the phone first or mycic lol
. Message on Cic eligibility passed AIP
But it only updated to reviewing eligibility

Last edited:

caseyelle

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Kelowna
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
Hi guys,

I applied for PR (spousal sponsorship) on July 31st 2017 (Quebec). Passed the medical exam end of March and all the paperwork seems to be done (Quebec also approved last year already).
Background check is in progress since months, my eligibility hasn't been reviewed yet.

Anyone here that applied around the same date? Did anyone receive news?

I'm holding an open work permit (still valid for 2 years now), but this work permit doesn't allow me to attend any educational institution. I applied for a PhD program in McGill University in January and just got the position. School starts on September 1st. I'm wondering if I should apply for a study permit now (processing time is only 8 weeks) or if I just wait and cross my fingers.

Did everybody here receive a final decision within 12 months? And how long does it take until I receive my papers after getting approved?

Good luck everybody!
I’m June 28th 2017, still processing background, haven’t started eligibility, passed medical send of March. Hoping to get some movement within the next month