+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Hello, Is it required to have a valid passport for the landing interview? or do they ask you to renew your passport before the end of the process?
yes, you must have a valid passport . I think if you're approved, they will send you a passport request letter

Reactions: pamelag

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
The number of "out-of-status" questions... I'm appalled. Treat renewing your immigration documents with the highest priority....

Reactions: AshaMc and Emily89

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
The number of "out-of-status" questions... I'm appalled. Treat renewing your immigration documents with the highest priority....
There are a lot of people who are out of status because their applications for extension were refused and possibly also their applications for a different category. The funny thing is (not really), I was out of status for a few months because the CIC agent told me that I don't have to apply for a permit extension because we already applied for spousal sponsorship so I will be on implied status when my permit expires but then, our application was returned. Luckily I still had enough time to apply for restoration. So, not really surprising.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
how did you renew your passport? I mean , I applied for inland spousal sponsorship but my passport expired, and I cant renew my Philippine passport for I don't have legal status here. I'm on the stage where my medical is received, and I'm worried coz it says you need a valid passport for COPR. Thanks hope you can help me

I talked to the consulate before. Similar situation. They told me to bring the latest copy of my permit even if it was expired and the letter from CIC stating the Pr processing is on going (AOR). I ended up not doing it since I got approved for restoration of status before I could apply for the passport renewal but that was what consulate told me to do.

RedGirl

Sep 28, 2017
Hello, Is it required to have a valid passport for the landing interview? or do they ask you to renew your passport before the end of the process?
My husband had to renew his expired passport (they sent us an email requesting a valid passport, see below:)

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:

Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document. All persons seeking permanent resident status in Canada must provide a valid passport or travel document issued by the Country of Citizenship in order to become a permanent resident. Please submit a photocopy of your valid passport or travel document to this office.

Reactions: pamelag

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
ECAS is showing "in process" for both Sponsor & PR applicant status. I'm August 17 by the way.
Yes we are August too and in process on both sides. Whats next step....DM for the Sponsorship App? AIP? Probably another 2 months before anything else changes?

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
People from August,what your ecas is showing? :)
still showing application received on the application side and in process for sponsor side.... hasnt changed since the application was submitted .... i think agent hasnt updated it to show in process but they update the CIC status regularly i have passed the medical and background check is in progress and i am august 17. Like i said earlier every situation is different and my background check may be lengthy as i lived in Australia and the UK.

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
I’m June 2017 and my Ecas still has sponsor in process and applicant as app received-so frustrating waiting for it to change
Sharing the pain. Hopefully it'll all just go to approved without the eligibility changing. As much as I'm happy to see things moving for people from Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct, I can't help but feel that it seems unfair.

Reactions: caseyelle