+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
This is the only message I have on my account so far: Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) - June 28, 2017 11:23:39 a.m. EDT

nothing about "Request letter"
I hope these photos can help you (if you can see, if not, tell me your email, I will send those to your email.)

You save the file at the step 3.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
... I really don't remember if I did a medical exam when I applied for a Visitor visa, it was last year so... But yes, I hope that if they need one, please request me soon! Tomorrow for example =)))

Can you please tell me how to link Visitor visa extension on MyCIC? I tried all the ways I thought but it could not work!
Medical request used to come around 4 months after the reception of the application but they stopped to send them in July and just recently started to send them again. So right now its more like 7-8 months after they received your app.
For your visa extension I can't help you because I don't have CGkey account, but I assume it's very similar to linking the owp. Maybe you can try calling CIC and see if they can give you the application number they assigned to you application...
See those links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1222&top=3
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23

Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Medical request used to come around 4 months after the reception of the application but they stopped to send them in July and just recently started to send them again. So right now its more like 7-8 months after they received your app.
For your visa extension I can't help you because I don't have CGkey account, but I assume it's very similar to linking the owp. Maybe you can try calling CIC and see if they can give you the application number they assigned to you application...
See those links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1222&top=3
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23
Thank you for your help and information!

They received my application on August 17th, so it is 4 months now. I hope they will send a request for Medical exam soon!

How about AIP, did you receive it after you sent a medical exam to CIC or before?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Thank you for your help and information!

They received my application on August 17th, so it is 4 months now. I hope they will send a request for Medical exam soon!

How about AIP, did you receive it after you sent a medical exam to CIC or before?
My husband just did the medical exam last weekend and we are still waiting for the result... We haven't got AIP yet... AIP normally comes at the end of the process, so I think we will still have to wait a few months to get it... Some don't even get AIP and their app goes straight to DM... He is still not covered for health care, he is taking the government full-time French classes so he can't work full-time

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
My husband just did the medical exam last weekend and we are still waiting for the result... We haven't got AIP yet... AIP normally comes at the end of the process, so I think we will still have to wait a few months to get it... Some don't even get AIP and their app goes straight to DM... He is still not covered for health care, he is taking the government full-time French classes so he can't work full-time
Oh that is interesting! So you guys live in Quebec too? I'm applying for free French course. I just sent the supporting document for this application this morning. Is your husband studying French or is he waiting for approval for full time French courses?

I'm waiting for Work permit, then I can apply for SIN, and then you know, next step is financial support as I cannot work full time while I will study full time.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Oh that is interesting! So you guys live in Quebec too? I'm applying for free French course. I just sent the supporting document for this application this morning. Is your husband studying French or is he waiting for approval for full time French courses?

I'm waiting for Work permit, then I can apply for SIN, and then you know, next step is financial support as I cannot work full time while I will study full time.
My husband has been studying since August, he just started the second semester. I thought you needed the owp to be able to apply for those classes... Are you talking about the French class financial support? It's not much (140$ a week) but it sure helps!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
My husband has been studying since August, he just started the second semester. I thought you needed the owp to be able to apply for those classes... Are you talking about the French class financial support? It's not much (140$ a week) but it sure helps!
From what I read, there are free French classes after we have CSQ. When I applied for the course, the website also showed that I can apply for $145/ week so yeah, it is the same financial support like you mentioned. You meant that you use this amount to pay school fees? If so, how much does your husband need to pay per month for French class? My French level is 0.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Does anyone know what the verdict is for the primary applicant taking a short trip outside of Canada while the application is processing?

I have surgery scheduled in the U.S for the end of August next year, my flight is round-trip August 27th - September 14th so I have proof of my intent to return to Canada.

Should I maybe send proof of my visit/surgery and return flight so that the officer is aware that I'm out of town but have intent to return? The last thing I want is to be rejected near the end of my application processing timeline :[

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Does anyone know what the verdict is for the primary applicant taking a short trip outside of Canada while the application is processing?

I have surgery scheduled in the U.S for the end of August next year, my flight is round-trip August 27th - September 14th so I have proof of my intent to return to Canada.

Should I maybe send proof of my visit/surgery and return flight so that the officer is aware that I'm out of town but have intent to return? The last thing I want is to be rejected near the end of my application processing timeline :[

By that time you will most likely have your OWP, so no worries. As long as you have that and your visa - you will be absolutely fine.

Reactions: Snibbles

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
From what I read, there are free French classes after we have CSQ. When I applied for the course, the website also showed that I can apply for $145/ week so yeah, it is the same financial support like you mentioned. You meant that you use this amount to pay school fees? If so, how much does your husband need to pay per month for French class? My French level is 0.
No you don't have to pay anything, the classes are free, and they will send you a cheque by mail. I think it's once a month. You have this 145$ per week financial support + around 70$ per month for transportation fees
It's ok if you 0 notion of French, you will learn there if you are willing to make some efforts :)

Reactions: Trinh and Mutato_KT

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
hi everyone,
im new in this thread. As im already starting to do/ gather all the paperworks and ducuments that are needed .
I would like to know if there is someone here has same background and situation as mine .Im originally from philippines but used to work in hongkong for 2years before coming here with a work permit 2years ago. .Now, My husband who is Canadian Citizen will going to Sponsor under the Inland spousal.
im pretty sure I need to submit a hongkong police but im not sure if i need a philippine NBI clearance as well?

thanks and godluck to us ! :)

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hello guys... got a question for Schedule A (the 06-2017 version)
I am currently filling this up and I am little bit puzzled on the personal history section.
Do I have to include my quick vacation travels (like 1 month each) in between my employment period?
Say I worked for the same company for 5 years and had 3 out of country vacations, do I have to list them all down chronologically like:
Jan 2011-Feb 2012 working for ABC, then Mar 2012-Apr 2012 vacation, then May 2012-Aug 2013 working for ABC (again)... and so on and so forth?
I was actually thinking I don't have to put in the travels in between as the form says personal history and no mention about travel history...
Thank you for your inputs guys... :)

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
hi everyone,
im new in this thread. As im already starting to do/ gather all the paperworks and ducuments that are needed .
I would like to know if there is someone here has same background and situation as mine .Im originally from philippines but used to work in hongkong for 2years before coming here with a work permit 2years ago. .Now, My husband who is Canadian Citizen will going to Sponsor under the Inland spousal.
im pretty sure I need to submit a hongkong police but im not sure if i need a philippine NBI clearance as well?

thanks and godluck to us ! :)
yes you will need to submit NBI clearance later on.

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
No you don't have to pay anything, the classes are free, and they will send you a cheque by mail. I think it's once a month. You have this 145$ per week financial support + around 70$ per month for transportation fees
It's ok if you 0 notion of French, you will learn there if you are willing to make some efforts :)

Hi, sorry to bother you... Can I send you a private message? I need more information about the language program