+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I got a Canadian PCC. You go and get your fingerprints done at an RCMP-Accredited Fingerprinting Agency, and they send it electronically to RCMP. In 3 days it is generated and mailed out, and you get it in your mail in about a week or so. So it doesn't take very long.
I sent it in with Schedule A because I didn't have any other PCC to provide.
Ok. Thanks.

I sent in my British police check and schedule A already. I havent heard anything since sending them though. I didnt get the police check for Canada because everything i read lead me to believe i didnt need it. But now I'm worried and not sure what to do.

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Ok. Thanks.

I sent in my British police check and schedule A already. I havent heard anything since sending them though. I didnt get the police check for Canada because everything i read lead me to believe i didnt need it. But now I'm worried and not sure what to do.
You don’t need a Canadian criminal check done unless they requested it.I posted the link from CIC website a couple times and I’m too lazy to look for it again.So don’t worry and just wait if they request it.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Ok. Thanks.

You don’t need a Canadian criminal check done unless they requested it.I posted the link from CIC website a couple times and I’m too lazy to look for it again.So don’t worry and just wait if they request it.
Yeah, I just provided you information on how long it takes *if* they ask you for it/if you choose to do it since I had experience of getting it. But you don't need to until they ask. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4)

jwilde

Nov 4, 2017
Hi Everyone, I've been asked to submit a police check and schedule A. It's my understanding that my girlfriend (sponsor) also has to submit these as she counts as a family member. We have everything ready to go but I'm unclear on how to upload the documents. I'm only able to upload one file for each category. I read on the cic site that in cases like this I should merge the files into one, which worked for the police certificates. However, when I merge the schedule As the site won't let me upload them. Does anyone have any advice? Any help will be much appreciated.

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hi Everyone, I've been asked to submit a police check and schedule A. It's my understanding that my girlfriend (sponsor) also has to submit these as she counts as a family member. We have everything ready to go but I'm unclear on how to upload the documents. I'm only able to upload one file for each category. I read on the cic site that in cases like this I should merge the files into one, which worked for the police certificates. However, when I merge the schedule As the site won't let me upload them. Does anyone have any advice? Any help will be much appreciated.
I have the same issue. Does your sponsor receive an UCI?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Only the sponsored person needs to provide the documents. You don't need to merge your sponsor's documents with yours.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Only the principle applicant needs to submit schedule A and PCC the sponsor does not need to submit these. What is your timeline? When did you submit your application? When did you get AOR?

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Got AOR on October 10th, 2017.

Sponsorship application still says in process.

How long usually until I hear if I am approved as sponsor?

I am starting to get stressed out.

Also, how long until work permit application even gets looked at? My husband has been on implied status for a few weeks so he has no OHIP coverage anymore :(

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Got AOR on October 10th, 2017.

Sponsorship application still says in process.

How long usually until I hear if I am approved as sponsor?

I am starting to get stressed out.

Also, how long until work permit application even gets looked at? My husband has been on implied status for a few weeks so he has no OHIP coverage anymore :(
Sponsorship Approval (SA), AIP, DM and landing all come very close to each other now as we have seen based on experience of the latest PRs under the new process. So you can expect an SA in maybe 7-9 months after the date of app received.

OWP is normally approved in about 3-4 months after the date received, sometimes sooner in 2 months. Also note that to be eligible for OHIP, in addition to an OWP, you also need to be working full-time, for at least 6 months or with an employment letter saying that you will be hired for at least 6 months.

Reactions: KandyK

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi BertlCamus,

I just wanted to let you know that I got my oWP in hand. the expiry date was wrong but i got it corrected. hope u got yours too.
I did, thanks! Got it approved on October 19 and in the mail very shortly thereafter. Took just under 3 months despite a 4 month estimated wait at the time of application.

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Any one have updated on AOR process dates I'm getting worried about status in Canada thinking I should apply for extension for my wife visit in Canada she expires December 16th

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Any one have updated on AOR process dates I'm getting worried about status in Canada thinking I should apply for extension for my wife visit in Canada she expires December 16th
same here. application received 31st october but yup too early to expect for an AOR. her work permit will expire february 4 2018.