+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Shawn17

Apr 1, 2016
Hello everyone,

I need some assistance.

i have applied for spousal sponsorship and its my wife who is sponsoring me. I was living in canada with a post graduation work permit with an expiry date of July 17 2017, and i continued to remain in canada under implies status. But unfortunately my dad passed away few weeks ago and i left the country to be with my dad. I currently live in india and i dont have a visa to re-enter canada. Meanwhile, my bridging work permit is under process which would take another 3-4 months time to get processed.

My question is,

- Is there anyway i can get back to canada ?
- Once i update the goverment that left canada for an emergency, will they consider or ask me to re-apply the Sponsorship application from the beginning ??

If anyone could answer these questions, will be a great help for me and for my family.

Awaiting eagerly for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Shwan

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
HI all,

We submitted my husband's schedule A and supporting documents on Friday. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long until they request the medical?

Much appreciated,
Saskie

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
For IMM5532E Relationship Information and Sponsorship evaluation form regarding part c question 4: If you are not living together have you visited each other during your relationship? My wife just visited to me as a visitor and now we are living together what should I write in this question? Can any expert could give me advice ? further should I mark check yes and give her visit details but we are living together now so needed an advice from experts?

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
For IMM5532E Relationship Information and Sponsorship evaluation form regarding part c question 4: If you are not living together have you visited each other during your relationship? My wife just visited to me as a visitor and now we are living together what should I write in this question? Can any expert could give me advice ? further should I mark check yes and give her visit details but we are living together now so needed an advice from experts?
We had the exact same question - my husband and I visited each other and then he moved here. The CIC advised (during a phone call) to check off that we were living together but could include a written statement (put the applicant's name / info at the top and the question you are referencing) and state that we had visited each other on several different occasions (details can be included or provided upon request). Every time I had a few questions I would call the CIC (sometimes it does take days and days to get through) but they always seemed quite helpful for our application questions so I trusted their advice :) In our photos we included for proof of relationship I included at least one for each visit and noted the situation, date, location on the back to show we spent time together travelling, etc. prior to marriage. Best of luck!

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
I am filling out application for the open work permit and it says to include Certificat d'acceptation du Quebec if you will be working in Quebec. Is this true for the Open Work permit? Anyone from Quebec in this situation?
We didn't have a CAQ when we filled the OWP form so we just left everything blank and they issued it after a month and a half so no worries. Sponsorship OWP are exempted from CAQ.

petkraken

Sep 13, 2017
HI all,

We submitted my husband's schedule A and supporting documents on Friday. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long until they request the medical?

Much appreciated,
Saskie
As someone mentioned above around 4 months doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary. (Lots of people posted their timelines in this thread or have it as a signature if you want to have a closer look/compare.)

Reactions: Saskie

G08786

Sep 18, 2017
Hi everyone!

I have been visiting this thread everyday so I thought I should also contribute :)

App sent: August 28th 2017
App rec by CIC: August 31st 2017
Linked application: September 18th 2017 - was able to link application and get an application number.

my application was returned twice for missing documents and this was the 3rd time we sent it in.
since cic has issued an application number starting with the letter "F" does that mean all documents were complete?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hello everyone,

I need some assistance.

i have applied for spousal sponsorship and its my wife who is sponsoring me. I was living in canada with a post graduation work permit with an expiry date of July 17 2017, and i continued to remain in canada under implies status. But unfortunately my dad passed away few weeks ago and i left the country to be with my dad. I currently live in india and i dont have a visa to re-enter canada. Meanwhile, my bridging work permit is under process which would take another 3-4 months time to get processed.

My question is,

- Is there anyway i can get back to canada ?
- Once i update the goverment that left canada for an emergency, will they consider or ask me to re-apply the Sponsorship application from the beginning ??

If anyone could answer these questions, will be a great help for me and for my family.

Awaiting eagerly for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Shwan
Hello, unfortunately, you might have to apply outland and wait. One requirement for inland application is you must be residing with your sponsor (partner) during the time of the application. Click the link below to see the options available to you.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

The only chance you have is if the Canadian embassy in India is willing to issue you entry visa asap. However, with your ongoing inland sponsorship application, it's unlikely they will issue you one. And if they find out that you are living outside Canada for months, it will be considered as not residing with your partner and your application for pr will get cancelled instantly.

Now, I don't think anyone can offer you any concrete route to getting out than applying for visa in entry or redrawing inland application and submitting outland application. In addition, you don't have work permit now, so you are more like applying for visiting visa. One thing i have learnt from this forum and the IRCC website is if you are under implied status and you leave Canada before your application get finalized and obtain the necessary documents, you won't be able to re-enter under the status quo.
One thing that you should inquire directly from the IRCC or better have your sponsor call them to find out that after getting your bridging work permit, can you apply for entry visa (TRV) in Canada. In that case you can mail your passport to your partner and when the visa counterfoil placed in your passport, your partner can mail you back your passport. But I am not sure about the legality of this and for the fact that you have inland sponsorship application and from a visa-required country.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hi everyone!

I have been visiting this thread everyday so I thought I should also contribute :)

Linked application: September 18th 2017 - was able to link application and get an application number.

my application was returned twice for missing documents and this was the 3rd time we sent it in.
since cic has issued an application number starting with the letter "F" does that mean all documents were complete?

YES! But you have to check your cic account after linking for any updates on Sch A and PCC if you didn't submit those before..

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
Hello members

I (principal applicant)have applied for spousal application (inside Canada) on 3 rd Feb 2017 and received medical on 2 June 2017.now I am waiting for passport request but just came to know that there wont be any passport request for inside spousal application ,I will receive approval letter from CIC and then we (me and my spouses) need to give interview to officer and he will make final decision
then i can land as PR.Is it true??

Please do reply
hi priya
can you please tell me when you applied for inland spousal did you guys got married within canada or you showed foreign marriage certificate? and if you got married in Toronto (civil ceremony) and you were on tourist visa ( or from any visa exemption country) how do we have to manage the time when the time comes close to our leaving time( cus on visa we can't stay more then 6 months). i have to apply for in land soon in december but we are still confused how to proceed, inland or outland.

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
We didn't have a CAQ when we filled the OWP form so we just left everything blank and they issued it after a month and a half so no worries. Sponsorship OWP are exempted from CAQ.
Ok thank you! We just sent off the application and we are very excited and nervous... Thank you everyone for answering questions and good luck!

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
Hi guys, I haven't been here for a while since I got my OWP.
I am just wondering about travelling outside of Canada.
Is that really okay if I have a valid passport and OWP and ETA?
I am about to buy tickets to LA for next month and really worrying about my application or if I can come back.

Please help me guys. Thank you.
hi irene
can i ask you some info. are you italian? sorry if i am asking you this but i wanted to clear some doubts, when nyou applied for pr did you get your police report from homecountry

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi everyone!

Hi. Can i ask how were you able to link the application so fast? Have you already receieved email to link it?
Im august 13th application and havent heard yet!

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
We currently have an inland sponsorship app in for my wife who is out of status..so she will beable to apply for an OWP once we get AIP?
Yes correct

G08786

Sep 18, 2017
Hi. Can i ask how were you able to link the application so fast? Have you already receieved email to link it?
Im august 13th application and havent heard yet!
Hi... I am really impatient so i just went ahead and tried to link before even hearing back from CIC and it worked...
you should also try ... where it says "number of applicants in file" put 2 instead of 1 ... that worked for me :)