+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
i gave her authorization to view/use my account, because they i can not have 2 phones under my name because i dont have creidt history here in canada, and her account has many 2 phones and internet and tv caple, so we could not do joint telephone utility bill.
we dont have more provincial IDs showing the same address. but we have many Correspondences from Service Ontario and the same address in the marriage certificate and i got my fingerprint from the RCMP my mail 3 days ago and the same address in the the result of the fingerprint.
i have one more question, i have a police certificate from my country i had did in last Sep2016 before coming here in canada , can i submit it ?because the wmbassy here said they need 16 weeks to make a new one
Don't both of you have Ontario driver's licences? If so, just get your addresses to match on the licences. If you don't have a licence, you can get an Ontario Photo ID Card.

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
Hi guys,

It has been issued for request on April 12, 2017, however, the letter of request for police and Sche A was just sent after a few months. The deadline is already passed even before I get the letter..Any experience? Thanks.

Last edited:

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hi guys,

I have received the letter of request for police and Sche A after the deadline has passed. Requested on April 12, 2017, the deadline was May 20, 2017. However, I have recivied the letter of request on July 4, 2017. Any experience? Thanks.
Just submit it they would understand it came late.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi guys,

I have received the letter of request for police and Sche A after the deadline has passed. Requested on April 12, 2017, the deadline was May 20, 2017. However, I have recivied the letter of request on July 4, 2017. Any experience? Thanks.
did you pass it before the deadline? it should be fine if you did. it might just be one of those bulk messages they send out. is should probably say in the letter to ignore the request if you already submitted your docs.

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
did you pass it before the deadline? it should be fine if you did. it might just be one of those bulk messages they send out. is should probably say in the letter to ignore the request if you already submitted your docs.
I didn't pass the deadline actually. I didn't recivie it at all. They send me the request after a couple of months after I call.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I didn't pass the deadline actually. I didn't recivie it at all. They send me the request after a couple of months after I call.
it's no biggie. submit the documents for the new deadline they gave you. ignore your may 20 deadline.

Reactions: yetesfan@gmail.com

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
oh, i stand corrected. then you're good to go then, if ever you do decide to travel. you only need your passport and eta.
Hold up.... I have this too... does that mean i can leave the country for holidays and such while waiting... as long as i have the work permit and ETA?

christinebear

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
US/Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
March 2017 - Returned
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
We sent in the application (for the third time) on May 22nd and haven't received a letter or email or the packet back. Is that normal? That's six weeks of nothing.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
If you linked your application successfully, why didn't you upload/submit your Schedule A on your CIC account? You login to your CIC account and you see a request letter, then at the bottom you click on 'View Submitted Application' and it shows you what files you need to upload and where.
Submitting by IRCC Webform or by mail will take forever for them to acknowledge it. You only do that when you have a technical issue or if you can't upload to your online account for some reason. These instructions should have been in your request letter.

Wow! I never knew this!! I have submitted mine via Webform and have been waiting ages for them to acknowledge it! I might try see if mine comes up like this and try it that way

Thanks!

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
How long did it take for the message 'We need additional documents check messages below.' to change?
I just submitted my Schedule A and Police Certs.
Hey,

Mine still hasn't changed :( But someone else on here said they sent theirs via webform (same as me) and it took about a month and 9 days for them to get an email acknowledging it and then another month to have it change on cic account. So mines been 1 month and 4 days :)
So we will see haha.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi all,

Which is the main Police check that they want to see.... So Ive been living in Canada for 4 years and the rest in my home country... Are they asking for both or just one?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hold up.... I have this too... does that mean i can leave the country for holidays and such while waiting... as long as i have the work permit and ETA?
i believe so..
Hi all,

Which is the main Police check that they want to see.... So Ive been living in Canada for 4 years and the rest in my home country... Are they asking for both or just one?
cic conducts their own canadian security checks but provide both just to be sure.

Reactions: Emily89

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
We sent in the application (for the third time) on May 22nd and haven't received a letter or email or the packet back. Is that normal? That's six weeks of nothing.
call cic
Does anyone know how to contact a human through the call centre regarding an app likely sent back.
1-888-242-2100. i heard it's difficult to get through. and if you do, you have to wait foreeeevvveeerr :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: christinebear