Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Oh yes sorry for the 3 messages.

Just to let you know.

Since I received that letter on 28 march I have received no further correspondence whatsoever.

Is this normal?

Not normal, but this is exactly what happened to many of us. You can log into your ECAS and check there if they had sent you any correspondence (most likely yes). After that just call IRCC and ask them which documents you need to provide (most likely Schedule A and PCC). They will advise you to send them via their web-form and report a technical issue.

That's what I did. I also sent them a signed hard copy of schedule A via Canada Post. The next day after that they started processing my background check (according to mycic account).

And also, I don't know why, but it seems like you received two AORs...

jpete042

Feb 23, 2017
Hi all.

Please help.

I sent in my application on 7 march 2017. Got SMS to say ircc received my application on 8 march. Got an email on 23 march with my application number and telling me to link my online account. I linked it the same day. Got another email on 28 march with a letter attached which says this confirms that your application has been received and you will receive further correspondence once your application is under review.

Is the letter I received on 28 march the AOR?
Are you sure that the first email you received wasn't addressed to your sponsor? When I applied, my sponsor was email first, and then I was emailed a few days later with an attached AOR. If that's also the case with you, then the letter you received on March 28 would be the AOR.

jpete042

Feb 23, 2017
Second question...

I decided not to include a work permit application with my PR application. Still kicking myself for doing that.

Question is, when can I apply for a work permit? Can I do it now or must I wait till I am found eligible for permanent residence. If I need to wait, how long does it take to be found eligible for PR?
As long as your current work permit has not expired, you can send in your OWP application anytime after you have applied for permanent residency under the Sponsorship category. If you want to wait till you have passed your eligibility and apply for it online, you will probably have to wait for approximately four months (which is how long I have waited), which is approximately how long it takes for the CIC to process paper-based OWP applications. I would suggest you send in your OWP application now, rather than waiting till your pass your eligibility. :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Not normal, but this is exactly what happened to many of us. You can log into your ECAS and check there if they had sent you any correspondence (most likely yes). After that just call IRCC and ask them which documents you need to provide (most likely Schedule A and PCC). They will advise you to send them via their web-form and report a technical issue.

That's what I did. I also sent them a signed hard copy of schedule A via Canada Post. The next day after that they started processing my background check (according to mycic account).

My ecas states that they requested something from me on 24 march but I did not receive any request.

my ecas does state that they requested further info from me on 24 march but I didn't receive any request via email or my online account. What contact details did you use for ircc to find out what docs to submit?

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
As long as your current work permit has not expired, you can send in your OWP application anytime after you have applied for permanent residency under the Sponsorship category. If you want to wait till you have passed your eligibility and apply for it online, you will probably have to wait for approximately four months (which is how long I have waited), which is approximately how long it takes for the CIC to process paper-based OWP applications. I would suggest you send in your OWP application now, rather than waiting till your pass your eligibility. :)

I don't currently have any form of work permit. I only have my visitor visa. So do I have to wait to pass eligibility before applying for the work permit or can I submit a paper copy now already?

eadams

Nov 29, 2016

Ok so according to this link I can send my owp application to vegreville if I have not received AIP yet. That's great. I should've done this already then. . Thank you for the info.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
My ecas states that they requested something from me on 24 march but I did not receive any request.

my ecas does state that they requested further info from me on 24 march but I didn't receive any request via email or my online account. What contact details did you use for ircc to find out what docs to submit?

That's a glitch in their system. For some reason some people do not receive their correspondence. That's why the only way to find out - is by calling their call center number. It's painful, because you will get to experience the joy of waiting on the line just to hear that they are too busy to take your call. But you will get through eventually.

So good luck ;)

leon9v

May 16, 2017
We had our app received on Mar 22 and we got both AORs on April 3rd/4th and linked out application the same day. When we check ecas, it says they sent correspondence on April 4th with the same message as you got. So we think it is just the AOR they are talking about because we have not received anything else asking for documents and neither the ecas system, online account or emails say anything about our sched A or police or med requests yet. So if it's the same for both of us, I don't think it's an error, just still processing.
Thank you. We are in the same situation.

jpete042

Feb 23, 2017
I don't currently have any form of work permit. I only have my visitor visa. So do I have to wait to pass eligibility before applying for the work permit or can I submit a paper copy now already?
Yeah, you can apply for the OWP with your visitor visa as well, as long as it hasn't expired. And even if it has expired, you can apply to get your status restored, and then once it's restored, you can apply for the OWP. :)

May 3, 2017
Applied inland for Australian husband on April 6th
aor 1
Aor 2 sponsor may 3
OWP approved May 23rd

Pretty relieved to have the OWP approval as his visa expires aug 30th

Sponsorship still says in process when I use online tool. I assumed I would have had that approval before owp but I guess not. Can sponsorship application be linked to mycic? From what I can see on website no.

Rn2713

May 10, 2017
do we have updates with Inland applications who received their AOR's already? Month of May to be exact?

nees

Dec 3, 2013
hello
I sent my spousal sponsorship on 10th April 2017 to CIC but they sent it back.. saying missing country specific requirements.. can anybody suggest what are country specific requirements for India...

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Applied inland for Australian husband on April 6th
aor 1
Aor 2 sponsor may 3
OWP approved May 23rd

Pretty relieved to have the OWP approval as his visa expires aug 30th

Sponsorship still says in process when I use online tool. I assumed I would have had that approval before owp but I guess not. Can sponsorship application be linked to mycic? From what I can see on website no.
So it took you less than 2 months to get owp. That's great. I just dropped off my owp application at the post office now. Should take about 4 business days to get to Alberta. Hopefully mine will also get approved that quickly

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
How long does it take to get AIP now that the processing time is 12 months? Has anyone received AIP yet?

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
hello
I sent my spousal sponsorship on 10th April 2017 to CIC but they sent it back.. saying missing country specific requirements.. can anybody suggest what are country specific requirements for India...

The CIC has made it pretty clear and easy to find what exact country specific requirements are needed. You should review the application guidelines on the CIC website.