Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I can't see any request on my link account but CIC already request for some documents (Schedule A form according to customer service).

CIC online tool status : "We sent you correspondence on May 10, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible".

What I have to do in this case? any help or advice...

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
In Schedule A, shall I write my parents name as shown in their passport? Name and middle name?

I am little confused. I have seen people talking about a Validate button on the Schedule A form, but the form (IMM5669) I was asked to send in doesn't have a Validate button.... Or is that an old version of Schedule A they send me. Here is the link they send me: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf

It´s not correct form right?

Thanks.

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
I can't see any request on my link account but CIC already request for some documents (Schedule A form according to customer service).

CIC online tool status : "We sent you correspondence on May 10, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible".

What I have to do in this case? any help or advice...
The same problem many are experiencing. There is a glitch in their system. I had the same problem and what you can do is call IRCC and ask them which documents have been requested (most likely Police certificates and Schedule A). The lady I talked to sent an inquire to the application centre to resend the correspondence and I received the email next day to send Schedule A and Police Certificate.

Reactions: Source_Of_Smile

OliP16

Jun 24, 2016
Hey Everyone

I am currently in Canada on an IEC Visa and sent my Permanent Residency application about a month ago with my Canadian girlfriend (Long term, common-law).
My IEC Visa expires in July and I am hoping to have my Work Permit by then but there's no certainty of that. I can't quite figure out the process for staying in the country once my IEC expires and until I receive the OWP because the IEC Visa is not extendable.

Will I be on implied status somehow or do I need to cross a border and return as a visitor? ANy advice is appreciated as I can't find much information regarding a going from an IEC Visa to PR.

Thank You

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hey Everyone

I am currently in Canada on an IEC Visa and sent my Permanent Residency application about a month ago with my Canadian girlfriend (Long term, common-law).
My IEC Visa expires in July and I am hoping to have my Work Permit by then but there's no certainty of that. I can't quite figure out the process for staying in the country once my IEC expires and until I receive the OWP because the IEC Visa is not extendable.

Will I be on implied status somehow or do I need to cross a border and return as a visitor? ANy advice is appreciated as I can't find much information regarding a going from an IEC Visa to PR.

Thank You
You will be on implied status when your current visa expires and can continue working. Do NOT cross the border or leave Canada, if you do you will lose your status and can face trouble coming back in to Canada.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Hey Everyone

Thank You
No you CANNOT work once your IEC expires. The IEC is the only visa that CANNOT go into implied status. You need to apply to extend your stay as a visitor so that you don't lose status. Once the IEC visa expires you'll be on implied status as a visitor so cannot work until the OWP comes through and when it does you can cancel your visitor visa application for a refund since it's taking 78 days to process currently...

Some people have continued working after an IEC expires but just because some get away with it doesn't make it legal and if CIC find out it will detrimentally affect your sponsorship

Reactions: Yakuza_princess

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
No you CANNOT work once your IEC expires. The IEC is the only visa that CANNOT go into implied status. You need to apply to extend your stay as a visitor so that you don't lose status. Once the IEC visa expires you'll be on implied status as a visitor so cannot work until the OWP comes through and when it does you can cancel your visitor visa application for a refund since it's taking 78 days to process currently...

Some people have continued working after an IEC expires but just because some get away with it doesn't make it legal and if CIC find out it will detrimentally affect your sponsorship
I have heard different regarding IEC, that can go into implied status as a worker...

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Yeah a few people on the facebook groups have said they did it but the legality has been shared on there, I'll try find the link for you. Like I said, you could keep working if your employer allows it but if CIC find out they will cancel your PR application. This has happened. I can't even try it because I work for a very big company who has its own immigration lawyers so they know I cant work on implied status :(

Last edited:

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
You could apply for a BOWP but again, you wouldnt be able to work until the visa arrived which can take 5 months

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Yeah a few people on the facebook groups have said they did it but the legality has been shared on there, I'll try find the link for you. Like I said, you could keep working if your employer allows it but if CIC find out they will cancel your PR application. This has happened. I can't even try it because I work for a very big company who has its own immigration lawyers so they know I cant work on implied status :(
A friend of mine works at the Canadian border and he said it is fine to work on implied status, even with IEC, Working Holiday visa. But it´s not worth it if CIC cancel the PR application. So better to not work while on implied status. But there is no need to apply for visitor visa.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
A friend of mine works at the Canadian border and he said it is fine to work on implied status, even with IEC, Working Holiday visa. But it´s not worth it if CIC cancel the PR application. So better to not work while on implied status. But there is no need to apply for visitor visa.
As long as they have recieved the OWP you get implied status as a visitor

Reactions: Annjo89

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017

I agree! Person cannot work until they receive their OWP.

Reactions: Jeffuk88

OliP16

Jun 24, 2016
Hey Again.
Thanks for all the info/advice in the last few posts. I wish CIC had clear info on moving from the IEC as it seems quite easy to misinterpret. My work contract was due to end before my IEC Visa so that won't be a issue but I think either way it would be wise to stay on the safe side and not work until the OWP is in hand.

Thank you again

Reactions: Jeffuk88