+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
guys can some on help me they are asking for birth certificate, middle standard and High school certificate and VOTERS ID card.

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
o Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
o Voter's ID card.

In india they do not expand the INitial in school and birth certificate. is that an problem ?

please advise.. am stuck in here.
do we need to submit Voters Id card??

thanks

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
hi forumers,

how do you linked your application to CIC account i've been trying so many times but still no luck for me.
thank you in advance

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
polar25 said:
hi forumers,

how do you linked your application to CIC account i've been trying so many times but still no luck for me.
thank you in advance
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application - try saying 2, even if it's only one applicant. It worked for me, and I think somebody mentioned it here before too.

Reactions: Mr U

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Yulia V said:
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application - try saying 2, even if it's only one applicant. It worked for me, and I think somebody mentioned it here before too.
should i put 4 because i have 2 non accompanying dependents.
thanks

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
polar25 said:
should i put 4 because i have 2 non accompanying dependents.
thanks
Yes, try that:)

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Strata said:
Hi everyone, Just clarify something real quick....My wife doesn't remember the month and day she became a Canadian citizen, although she remembers the year..... as she was very little when her family moved here. Is this gonna be a red flag? I'm worried.
She should have her citizen card, but if it's lost, your wife can apply for proof of citizenship. It has all these details. Perphaps, she will need this certificate to access most government services.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hello Everyone! My husband and I, have waited such a long time for this process to actually take place and be in progress! We sent our completed PR application out on March 21, 2017, was received on March 22, 2017 (sent via courier), April 3, 2017 received UCI/CIC link request, April 4, 2017 processing, April 6, 2017 Sponsorship Approval.

I do however, have a hard time logging into the CIC website, eventually I can get in, but not after having to sign in about 5 times. Always redirects me to the home page.

Also, as some of you well know, it takes a long time to get everything ready to go, with all of the documents needed, research to be done, and deciphering the checklists and questions....we were all ready to send at the end of December 2016, but had to redo everything due to the new release of forms. It cost us a new set of fingerprints ($40 CAD), a new medical exam ($160 CAD)...due to expiration, and another $400/hr CAD trip to our attorney. I wish those types of changes would have been known to us prior!

Good Luck to everyone! We are so very excited to start living our lives together! Normalcy will be nice!

Strata

Apr 6, 2017
Well thanks for your prompt response...Actully she lost her citizenship card but she applied for the proof of citizenship back in January and it takes a while for it to be processed. However, she does have a Canadian passport......My question is: is the proof of citizenship certificate and the date she got her citizenship compulsory when submitting my application?

Lashen said:
She should have her citizen card, but if it's lost, your wife can apply for proof of citizenship. It has all these details. Perphaps, she will need this certificate to access most government services.

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
My timeline

Hi Everyone.
I decided to add my information/timeline for everyone to compare.

So, I am a Canadian citizen and I got married to my wife (she was on Visitor Visa in Canada) 10 months ago.
It took us quite a long time to gather all the documents, and finally we send the application+OWP forms in the middle of January, 2017.
We send the old application package (as we had everything ready by 2017 and didn't want to spend additional time refilling the new forms) as CIC officially accepted them by the end of January, 2017.
We also send everything we could (Schedule A form, Police certificates, medical exam) together with the application package.

We got AOR (in 2 weeks) both to mine and my wife's emails, in the beginning of February, 2017.
After that we linked Permanent Resident application and OWP applications in my wife's MyCIC profile.

Re: OWP - Yes, it wasn't written anywhere about it (I mean ECAS). We were able to link OWP in MyCiC profile by using my wife's UCI #.

The main update so far - in the beginning of April 2017 we got email to MyCIC profile stating the OWP approved and that they sent us the official work permit paper (valid for 2 years). So, it took us approximately 2.5 months to have OWP approved.

Another thing that worries me - is that I am still not approved as a sponsor. Don't know why, but I was under the impression that CIC approves sponsor first, and only after that reviews OWP. I see that many people got SA within first 1-2 weeks, but I am waiting for that almost 3 months already...

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Re: My timeline

Matej said:
Hi Everyone.

So, I am a Canadian citizen and I got married to my wife (she was on Visitor Visa in Canada) 10 months ago.
It took us quite a long time to gather all the documents, and finally we send the application+OWP forms in the middle of January, 2017.
We send the old application package (as we had everything ready by 2017 and didn't want to spend additional time refilling the new forms) as CIC officially accepted them by the end of January, 2017.
We also send everything we could (Schedule A form, Police certificates, medical exam) together with the application package.

We got AOR (in 2 weeks) both to mine and my wife's emails, in the beginning of February, 2017.
After that we linked Permanent Resident application and OWP applications in my wife's MyCIC profile.

Re: OWP - Yes, it wasn't written anywhere about it (I mean ECAS). We were able to link OWP in MyCiC profile by using my wife's UCI #.

The main update so far - in the beginning of April 2017 we got email to MyCIC profile stating the OWP approved and that they sent us the official work permit paper (valid for 2 years). So, it took us approximately 2.5 months to have OWP approved.

Another thing that worries me - is that I am still not approved as a sponsor. Don't know why, but I was under the impression that CIC approves sponsor first, and only after that reviews OWP. I see that many people got SA within first 1-2 weeks, but I am waiting for that almost 3 months already...
Congrats for OWP

Well in my case CIC received my sponsor application on Mar 2nd N Sponsor approval on March 22nd however when I called them recently, the agent told me they still haven't received my OWP in the system which I sent with same package :'(

Check your junk email as well N strongly suggest u should call them within Canada 1888-242-2100 N confirm about your sponser approval

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
Thank you for your response.
Well, I am not sure there is any point in calling them.
They don't have any determined deadlines re: SA (they just write that the whole process takes 12 months).
Also, I check ECAS regularly and it is still "your sponsorship application in process" there, nothing new.

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Matej said:
Thank you for your response.
Well, I am not sure there is any point in calling them.
They don't have any determined deadlines re: SA (they just write that the whole process takes 12 months).
Also, I check ECAS regularly and it is still "your sponsorship application in process" there, nothing new.
Well u mean under sponsor showing in process or PA? Normally only take few weeks shows DM on sponsor after AOR but still depends on case, some may take longer check on sponsor's eligibility

Good luck

Aslaug

Mar 22, 2017
Matej - Regarding the OWP which you submitted, did you (in addition to the paper form) also apply for the OWP online? That's a fast turn around!

Matej said:
Hi Everyone.

Reactions: Lmac4