+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

tctt

May 29, 2017
I hear you, tctt, and heartily agree about stressful!

When things start happening, they seem to go in a cascade, though, so keep faith! I think they're processing these apps in batches because we see a whole flurry of "Oh, I got my OWP!!" and then "Wow, got my PCC and Sched A" and then "hmmm, medicals!!"....

So yours will likely be in the next batch they get through.

Also consider that the system seems to be having some issue with medical requests (the update gets sent but there's no letter followup), so it's fair so assume the system might be broken on the medical request front. See if you can get a live agent on the phone to talk to. Its dastardly how many times you have to call to get through BUT... at least this will confirm the situation for you. And put your mind at rest as to the next step. You could ask what if you did a medical without getting a request and sent it in ahead of the request? I've not heard anyone do this but there are those of us who submitted the initial app with medical attached, so it seems a fair question (EDITED LATER to say: probably not a wise thing to do - SEE BELOW)
Thanks Nina:) Hope to get the medical request soon! Will try calling them tomorrow morning.

Reactions: NinaM

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Just curious... is anyone else stuck waiting for there OWP like me. Applied feb. 6th.. they still haven't processed any since january 26th. I like there pilot for us but we might as well wait until we get PR at this rate because it still takes 119 days to complete a paper application. I'm sorry to everyone waiting like I am as not being able to work stinks.
are you sure? did you try calling them? were you able to link your owp online? april applicants have been receiving owp.. i was a feb10 applicant and i received my owp on april 21.

tctt

May 29, 2017
Thanks Nina:) Hope to get the medical request soon! Will try calling them tomorrow morning.
Update: I tried calling CIC to get an update on my application. I couldn't get a hold of the agent obviously! The automated message said- Medical request has been sent, check your message for details. I called my rep right away and she said she did not see any requests. Is this a system error? I am calling CIC early morning tomorrow.

Reactions: KandyK

leehen

Feb 7, 2017
Pretty sure they say in checklist or spousal form "how you met" and somewhere else says on the check list I believe at the bottom around photos and all that. Letters from family or neighbors to vouch for you. Not sure if this helps lol good luck to you and your partner with this very stressful process
Hi Gennaro, thanks for your reply. Wish you have some good news of your application soon!

Raffowl92

Nov 29, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Update: I tried calling CIC to get an update on my application. I couldn't get a hold of the agent obviously! The automated message said- Medical request has been sent, check your message for details. I called my rep right away and she said she did not see any requests. Is this a system error? I am calling CIC early morning tomorrow.
We just received a reply to our technical difficulty ticket when we had the same thing. They removed the notification for me that a medical had been requested.

Reactions: tctt

RAJE

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO-sydney
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
Nomination.....
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
23 sept 2016
LANDED..........
22-10-2016
Hello
Thank you replying my earlier post.
I am preparing file to sponser my husband who lives with me in canada and is on his work permit.

My questions are-
1. Even though it is not mentioned in the checklist, is it necessary to include my recent pay stubs in the file? If yes then how many? Does cic ask for pay stubs later?
I am including recent notice of assessment and original job offer letter already.

2. Me and my husband recently opened new joint account in the bank to show we financially support each other. It shows our account balances. Now my (sponser) acc balance is lower than my husband. Does that matter? We prefer not to transfer his money into my account if possible.
Also are there any other documents that we can provide to show financial support? We don't have insurance policies or benefits from our employer.

Waiting for reply!
THANKS

tctt

May 29, 2017
We just received a reply to our technical difficulty ticket when we had the same thing. They removed the notification for me that a medical had been requested.
Thanks Raffowl92. I got too excited hearing the message for medical request:( Anyway I will have a good start to my morning tomorrow as I am calling CIC lol

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi Everyone....

Just a little stressed about this submitting Schedule A and PCC business... i only uploaded it on the webform i never sent the originals in the mail. Has anyone else done this and they messaged and said they received it? I only ask because it was due June 8th and haven't heard anything about whether they received anything....

Thanks in advance!

Zmaaihnr

Jun 12, 2017
Hi, seeking some wisdom from you guys. My wife and I got married in April in the UAE. I am a Canadian citizen, and she is an Indian citizen with a UAE residence visa. She also has a valid Canadian visit visa (from before the wedding), and is she is currently in Canada visiting me.

We applied in-land in May because she is technically living here now, but they sent back our application today because in the document checklist, it says to prove that we live together with different proofs of address such as utility bills, mortgage documents, government issued IDs, etc. The problem is she is on a visit status, and can't get any of these.

What was our mistake here? Can she get any of these things somehow? Should we have applied in the outland stream instead? Is visitor even considered a status for "living in Canada" or do you have to be a student/foreign worker/etc to be considered for in land?

tctt

May 29, 2017
Hi Everyone....

Just a little stressed about this submitting Schedule A and PCC business... i only uploaded it on the webform i never sent the originals in the mail. Has anyone else done this and they messaged and said they received it? I only ask because it was due June 8th and haven't heard anything about whether they received anything....

Thanks in advance!
Hi Emily,
I have a rep who is dealing with our application and I clearly remember her asking for the originals PCC which was mailed out. Don't be stressed, try giving CIC a call early morning

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
Hi, seeking some wisdom from you guys. My wife and I got married in April in the UAE. I am a Canadian citizen, and she is an Indian citizen with a UAE residence visa. She also has a valid Canadian visit visa (from before the wedding), and is she is currently in Canada visiting me.

We applied in-land in May because she is technically living here now, but they sent back our application today because in the document checklist, it says to prove that we live together with different proofs of address such as utility bills, mortgage documents, government issued IDs, etc. The problem is she is on a visit status, and can't get any of these.

What was our mistake here? Can she get any of these things somehow? Should we have applied in the outland stream instead? Is visitor even considered a status for "living in Canada" or do you have to be a student/foreign worker/etc to be considered for in land?
Yes she can get a driving licence and open an account

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018

You can open joint bank accounts with her as you are a Canadian citizen. Same with utilities. Depending on your province, you may also be allowed to exchange an out of country license for a Canadian one. These will all show that you are living together.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
So our myCIC account finally shows that our file has moved to the background check phase! The SchA and PCC have been uploaded and the background check is in process! It only took a month from us uploading the documents via CSE webform and mailing a set of originals via courier to get to this stage.

Now is the one month-ish (?) before they ask for medicals. Although it seems this can be within a matter of days from some others' experience on the spreadsheet.