+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC received our application in March, did the medical in June, passed in July and we received our SA and AIP this week. So happy!!! Good luck everyone!!!
Congrats !!

we are March applicants too, but no news since meds passed in June. however, background check started in October.

trying to hang in there .... waiting ...

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
Hello all,

I applied for In-Canada Spousal/Family Class to sponsor my wife. My wife lives with me and has an open work-permit. She was recently invited for an interview with the following requirements -

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:

[DATE/TIME/LOCATION]

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class
  • Your sponsor must be present
  • You must provide evidence of cohabitation

Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months – see specifications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

Has anyone in the same boat? What should we expect here?

Here is some background -

I met my wife through a online matrimony website, and the marriage was arranged. But we had 9 months to get to know each other over skype/whatsapp/facebook. I traveled to Germany (she was pursuing her Phd) to meet her and we had a vacation together in Greece. I proposed to her in Germany (after we came back) and we decided to get married in November when she visits me here. We then decided to file for a in-land spousal/family class PR.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
@TayWilson How exactly do I do that? We sent yesterday afternoon via fedex...do I just send the new photos and an explanation letter to the same place we mailed the application to?
Yes, you should write a short cover letter to explain why you send new photos. And yes, same mail address.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
CIC received our application in March, did the medical in June, passed in July and we received our SA and AIP this week. So happy!!! Good luck everyone!!!
Congratulations! You bring hope for me as well! As my colleague, who applied out-land in January 2016 and got her PR in October 2016, keeps telling me that applying inland will take much longer time than out-land application. I have read a few cases here, who applied inland around from Jan to March, already got PR so yes, this is a big hope for me!

Reactions: Dimstereo

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am in stress because I am not getting authenticated information for ETA and to re-enter in Canada and need valid and authenticated information from someone who has an ETA and has faced situation something like me :
Here is my scenario:

Q1- I came in Canada on ETA as a Visitor for 6 months after 2 months I applied my inland application for PR (Spouse inland application) with OWP . I still did not receive AOR yet for my PR application further no update for OWP now I have to leave canada as I have valid green card that's why I do not need TRV and need ETA to re-enter in Canada.
My Questions are:
Q1- Can I leave Canada while my OWP application is being processed because CIC agent told me If I leave canada my OWP application will be cancelled out , Is this correct?

Q2- If I leave Canada and will get my OWP during my absence so my wife could send to US via mail or I could show border officer at port of Entry?

Q3- Will I receive new ETA as a worker ? or my ETA will be same as my current ETA will expire in 2019 ? If I need new ETA so I have to apply (myself) just like i did in past and book flight to return to canada after getting new ETA? or ETA will be automatically issued with OWP and it will be same ETA , nothing would be changed from CIC and issuing new ETA will be responsibility of CIC? If this is a case how would I get new ETA ? with OWP via mail or email (separately)? without new ETA could I re-eneter to canada or not as I still have valid ETA by 2019 .

Can someone please provide me answers of my question with this please explain entire situation of ETA after getting Work permit.

I will really and highly appreciate.

Best Regards,

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hi Guys,

I am in stress because I am not getting authenticated information for ETA and to re-enter in Canada and need valid and authenticated information from someone who has an ETA and has faced situation something like me :
Here is my scenario:

Q1- I came in Canada on ETA as a Visitor for 6 months after 2 months I applied my inland application for PR (Spouse inland application) with OWP . I still did not receive AOR yet for my PR application further no update for OWP now I have to leave canada as I have valid green card that's why I do not need TRV and need ETA to re-enter in Canada.
My Questions are:
Q1- Can I leave Canada while my OWP application is being processed because CIC agent told me If I leave canada my OWP application will be cancelled out , Is this correct?

Q2- If I leave Canada and will get my OWP during my absence so my wife could send to US via mail or I could show border officer at port of Entry?

Q3- Will I receive new ETA as a worker ? or my ETA will be same as my current ETA will expire in 2019 ? If I need new ETA so I have to apply (myself) just like i did in past and book flight to return to canada after getting new ETA? or ETA will be automatically issued with OWP and it will be same ETA , nothing would be changed from CIC and issuing new ETA will be responsibility of CIC? If this is a case how would I get new ETA ? with OWP via mail or email (separately)? without new ETA could I re-eneter to canada or not as I still have valid ETA by 2019 .

Can someone please provide me answers of my question with this please explain entire situation of ETA after getting Work permit.

I will really and highly appreciate.

Best Regards,
If you have your valid ETA and your OWP is issued while you are away, you should be ok to come back. I had a similar situation, but I did have a valid visa. I didn't have my OWP at the port of entry (it was sent to my address while I was away) and they issued me a new one. Your OWP application won't be cancelled just because you left the country, it might be cancelled if you are denied reentry. Nobody can give you 100% guarantee on this matter because human factor is a very unpredictable thing.

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
If you have your valid ETA and your OWP is issued while you are away, you should be ok to come back. I had a similar situation, but I did have a valid visa. I didn't have my OWP at the port of entry (it was sent to my address while I was away) and they issued me a new one. Your OWP application won't be cancelled just because you left the country, it might be cancelled if you are denied reentry. Nobody can give you 100% guarantee on this matter because human factor is a very unpredictable thing.
Thanks for your response. Can someone reply for my last question?

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
My friend is a immigration lawyer and she says that there is no guarantee but as long as you hold a valid visa for Canada you should be fine. Our situation is unique as my spouse is from a visa exempt country and he only needs an ETA to be in Canada so his work permit will be issued while he is away granted there are no errors in our paperwork.

Reactions: Yulia V

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Hello all,

I applied for In-Canada Spousal/Family Class to sponsor my wife. My wife lives with me and has an open work-permit. She was recently invited for an interview with the following requirements -

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:

[DATE/TIME/LOCATION]

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class
  • Your sponsor must be present
  • You must provide evidence of cohabitation

Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months – see specifications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

Has anyone in the same boat? What should we expect here?

Here is some background -

I met my wife through a online matrimony website, and the marriage was arranged. But we had 9 months to get to know each other over skype/whatsapp/facebook. I traveled to Germany (she was pursuing her Phd) to meet her and we had a vacation together in Greece. I proposed to her in Germany (after we came back) and we decided to get married in November when she visits me here. We then decided to file for a in-land spousal/family class PR.
your application for PR is completed. they will issue you the confirmation of permanent residence. on that interview they will just ask if you have any criminal record, any dependents included in the application, those stuff. congratulations

Reactions: wp14 and Amsadek4u

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Thats amazing Congrats!!!

I am on the same timeline as you!! I wonder if i will be getting mine in the coming days?
Was there anything special about your situation?
Again Congrats!

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
your application for PR is completed. they will issue you the confirmation of permanent residence. on that interview they will just ask if you have any criminal record, any dependents included in the application, those stuff. congratulations
Thanks! That gives me some relief.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Just got AoR

Application received 4th October 2017

AoR 6th December 2017

So don't panic if people after you receive AoR before you (as lots of later people seem to have received this before me!)

(Inland Spousal app)

Last edited: