+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
if your application for PR is denied i believe yup you can stay until the validity of your work permit. if it’s approved, you can throw your work permit and go work wherever you want to work. (but wait until you get your PR card). you will basically have the same rights as canadian citizens except the right to vote.
And more importantly the passport and freedom to travel almost wherever you want without a visa. :p Highly dependent on your existing citizenship though so its importance varies person to person.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
thank you. via courier or normal post?

This is via Canada post. I believe if you use a courier you need to use a different address

Thanks...

Question 1. I paid sponsor fee + pr fee but 100 OWP. What I can do? I need to pay 155 but I don´t know how send the fee to CIC.
I am in the same situation and called them yesterday and the agent told me they will deduct to from my pr fee.

Last edited:

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hi,
I have applied for Spousal Sponsorship outside Canada in Sept2017 and awaiting for AOR. I was wondering if I can apply for OWP. I have gone through lot of documents on CIC website but not clear if I am eligible to apply as I currently live in UK. I will be visiting Mississauga at the end of the month and was wondering if I can apply while I am there if I am eligible.
Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks

As far as I know, owp is only for inland sponsorship and not Outland.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Thanks for the positive thoughts! Just to clarify, what does AOR mean...?
AOR is acknowledgment of receipt
Comes as an email to your sponsor, contain your application no# and they will stated will process your application (regularly 6-8weeks after your application received by CIC)

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hey everyone quick question,
We sent our application in on October 25th and it was received on October 26th, I know the general wait time for the OWP seems to be around 4 to 6 months from what I have gathered. But I am living in Montreal and I know that I will need a CSQ since I am in Quebec. From my understanding, I will have to send out the application for CSQ only after I receive my AOR ( or sponsorship approval?). What I'm wondering is if this will delay the time it takes for me to get my OWP or can I receive the OWP without having a CSQ yet?
Thanks!
CSQ and OWP are not at all related. My husband OWP was issued on May 23 and is CSQ approved on May 30... The sponsor will get a request from CIC to ask Québec immigration for the CSQ few days after you receive AOR.

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
AOR is acknowledgment of receipt
Comes as an email to your sponsor, contain your application no# and they will stated will process your application (regularly 6-8weeks after your application received by CIC)
My sponsor (wife) has not once received any emails. I'm not sure why, because all her info was on the application obviously.

So when I click on my application in mycic, this is what's shown at the top: Applicant Table Application Number: F000******* Date application received: 02/28/2017 .

is this my AOR?

Thanks

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I said it because I have never heard or seen that anyone would receive a checklist from IRCC. Therefore, I think you do not receive a checklist. After your application has been sent, you will receive AOR in 1-2 months. Later on you will be getting request letters to provide other documents/information. That's all you receive.
Thanks for your response.

Yes, I'm at CSQ step, I just sent it to CIC yesterday. Now I'm waiting for a request of medical exam. I'm not sure how long will I receive that request... I'm sad because of the long procedure...

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
My sponsor (wife) has not once received any emails. I'm not sure why, because all her info was on the application obviously.

So when I click on my application in mycic, this is what's shown at the top: Applicant Table Application Number: F000******* Date application received: 02/28/2017 .

is this my AOR?

Thanks
You should check Spam/ Junk mail. And yes, Date application received: 02/28/2017 is the 1st AOR. For us, both of us - my husband (sponsor) and I (principle applicant) received AOR. I received it first.

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
You should check Spam/ Junk mail. And yes, Date application received: 02/28/2017 is the 1st AOR. For us, both of us - my husband (sponsor) and I (principle applicant) received AOR. I received it first.
Thank you. I received emails but my wife has never received anything. I don't know what we can do to change it as it's so hard to get in contact with a real person. I believe we even tried to file a change of info to make sure the correct email addresses we entered, but she is still to receive anything. I'm not sure if that will affect anything as both people involved should receive the emails, right?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hey everyone quick question,
We sent our application in on October 25th and it was received on October 26th, I know the general wait time for the OWP seems to be around 4 to 6 months from what I have gathered. But I am living in Montreal and I know that I will need a CSQ since I am in Quebec. From my understanding, I will have to send out the application for CSQ only after I receive my AOR ( or sponsorship approval?). What I'm wondering is if this will delay the time it takes for me to get my OWP or can I receive the OWP without having a CSQ yet?
Thanks!
I only can answer a half of your question :(

- AOR: The first email that CIC send you to inform that they received your application, and they give you:
+) Unique Client Identifier (UCI)
+) Application Number

- The 2nd email that CIC will send you asking for CSQ. You have to have this required letter to apply for CSQ. It doesn't take long time to have CSQ from my experience (3 weeks) so I think you don't need to worry about that.

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Thank you. I received emails but my wife has never received anything. I don't know what we can do to change it as it's so hard to get in contact with a real person. I believe we even tried to file a change of info to make sure the correct email addresses we entered, but she is still to receive anything. I'm not sure if that will affect anything as both people involved should receive the emails, right?
I'm not sure but for what I remember, my husband received the email 1 or 2 weeks later than me.

Did you make photocopies all of your filled forms when you applied? You can check the photocopies to see if her email address is correct or not.
If you want to change any information or send more files/ information, you can do it here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx