+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We received Med request in June, four months after AOR. so you should expect it soon (end of sept).
Yes, in normal circumstances the med request is in 4 months or between 120-140 days. Right now however they are backlogged and falling behind. People from mid April and late April (160-170 days) are still waiting for Med Request, so once they get it, only then can people from early and mid May get it.
It's frustrating :/ Hopefully things speed up soon.

rbobalex

Sep 26, 2017
Hi I have applied under common-in-law sponsorship program.

I haven't received medical request yet!!! Nor even landing fee request!!!

Application received: 3 April, 2017
AOR: 21 April, 2017
Background Schedule Request: 28 April, 2017.
Sent date Background Schedule: 2 May, 2017.

After that Dead silence.

Any update on medical for April applicants!!!

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018

christinebear

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
US/Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
March 2017 - Returned
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
Our inland application was received this summer. I'm waiting on my visitor extension to be approved. Thank goodness my PR application is finally in review! Do I have to wait for my visitor visa extension to be approved first before applying for an OWP? I'm implied status right now. I have to keep renewing a visitor visa even if I have PR in review or an OWP right?

JST

Sep 26, 2017
Hi everyone,
long time listener, first time caller.

i'm the principle applicant, my husband is the sponsor
submitted application: May 1
Application received by CIC (text notification): May 8
AOR email: June 2
Account linked: June 3
Sched A and PCC sent: September 26

I was one of the accounts with the message glitch, so i did not receive my request letter in my account when they sent it (dated June 2). I called to speak with a Rep on September 15 who advised me that it was the request for Sched A and PCC, and they would resend the letter to my account and i would have 30 days from day of receipt to submit documents.
What a waste of 3 months.

Questions for anyone who can help:
- I've been asked to submit PCC for the country I'm currently residing in if longer than 6 months, which is Canada. I have requested the RCMP Criminal Record Check WITHOUT FINGERPRINTS, as the police station i went to did not have this option. Is this acceptable? I did not specifically have a request for biometrics / fingerprints on my request letter.
I haven't received my RCMP Check yet, it's been 7 days since i requested and paid. I submitted my other documents that i have today, hoping that this would expedite my process in the slightest.

petkraken

Sep 13, 2017
Just an update - today I received AOR.
Application was received by IRCC on the 8th Aug 2017.
I have successfully linked my PR application but no luck with linking my OWP. I really want to see the status of my OWP because I paid $100 only and not $255. And no I have not paid for the right of PR so there is nothing they can 'borrow' the short OWP fee from :(
If you figure out something different (except for the waiting period), let me know. I feel like I tried a gazillion times - after reading up on tricks here - and it still didn’t work. Honestly I kind of just gave up and thought I’ll inquire about it if it takes exceptionally long. But I see why you wouldn’t want to do that. I hope you have better luck.

Questions for anyone who can help:
- I've been asked to submit PCC for the country I'm currently residing in if longer than 6 months, which is Canada. I have requested the RCMP Criminal Record Check WITHOUT FINGERPRINTS, as the police station i went to did not have this option. Is this acceptable? I did not specifically have a request for biometrics / fingerprints on my request letter.
I haven't received my RCMP Check yet, it's been 7 days since i requested and paid. I submitted my other documents that i have today, hoping that this would expedite my process in the slightest.
I had the same question a while ago (and actually think it popped up several times). I believe the general consensus is that you do not need one at all for Canada at this point.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4

If they need anything from you in regards to a Canadian criminal record check it seems to be requested separately.

Different question from my side, maybe anyone experienced this?

I uploaded my Schedule A form and police certificates sometime last week. The profile says the additional documents have been submitted BUT on the first page it still says that my action is required?! I don’t know. Their whole website just seems to be one giant glitch. Or am I overlooking anything?

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Just an update - today I received AOR.
Application was received by IRCC on the 8th Aug 2017.
I have successfully linked my PR application but no luck with linking my OWP. I really want to see the status of my OWP because I paid $100 only and not $255. And no I have not paid for the right of PR so there is nothing they can 'borrow' the short OWP fee from :(
Now that you can upload anything regarding your application online, pay the 150 (balance of the work permit) and upload it using the webform. Instructions say that they will not process your application if you have not included the right fees and it will be returned to you. In such a case, you will apply separately to Vegraville and wait 4 months. That's my opinion.

jermeli

Jan 19, 2017
Hello,

Hoping to get some info, Just received my first email from IRCC, requesting more information from myself and my husband. We have a application for permanent residence under family sponsorship.
What they need is,
* Schedule A Background/Declaration
And
* Police certificate
I have lived in a few countries in my adult life and for more than six months, but that was over ten years ago, I'm confused because I have been reading different forums, and there are different answers, do I need a police certificate from those countries? And do I need one from Canada as I have been here for two years.
Any help would be awesome.
Thanks

petkraken

Sep 13, 2017
I have lived in a few countries in my adult life and for more than six months, but that was over ten years ago, I'm confused because I have been reading different forums, and there are different answers, do I need a police certificate from those countries? And do I need one from Canada as I have been here for two years.
Just stick to what is requested in the letter you got. Did you apply this year and with the new application package? With that new application package quite a few requirements changed and there's a good chance what you read might still be in regards to the old one.

If you just received first message after linking the application, it probably looks something like this:
At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for: 1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and 2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

So it is really just the country you live in at the moment, if it has been for longer than 6 months, as well as the country where you spent most time of your life since you turned 18. Police checks in Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4) seem to be requested separately if needed.

jermeli

Jan 19, 2017
Just stick to what is requested in the letter you got. Did you apply this year and with the new application package? With that new application package quite a few requirements changed and there's a good chance what you read might still be in regards to the old one.

If you just received first message after linking the application, it probably looks something like this:
At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for: 1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and 2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

So it is really just the country you live in at the moment, if it has been for longer than 6 months, as well as the country where you spent most time of your life since you turned 18. Police checks in Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4) seem to be requested separately if needed.
We did apply with new application this year, after much frustration having to resubmit, as we were missing one document.
Thanks for info

petkraken

Sep 13, 2017
We did apply with new application this year, after much frustration having to resubmit, as we were missing one document.
Thanks for info
I think in theory they could still request other police certificates at a later point if they saw any reason for it? I was honestly quite glad about the change, because I would have had to get a few more otherwise. And some places just make it so difficult for you...

JST

Sep 26, 2017
I had the same question a while ago (and actually think it popped up several times). I believe the general consensus is that you do not need one at all for Canada at this point.
Thanks for your reply @petkraken
i called up CIC to clarify this, and the Rep i spoke with said to include one for Canada as i've been here for more than 6 months. She specifically said the RCMP one, but i didnt know about fingerprinting processes for this at the time.
Hopefully my RCMP check without fingerprint is successful.

I uploaded my Schedule A form and police certificates sometime last week. The profile says the additional documents have been submitted BUT on the first page it still says that my action is required?! I don’t know. Their whole website just seems to be one giant glitch. Or am I overlooking anything?
I'd think this is just the glitch again. From reading this forum, the PCC and SchedA is all that's needed at this stage, until medical is requested. so i wouldnt worry. I just uploaded mine via WebForm yesterday so i have no update in status yet.

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum, so I am not sure if I am getting it right :) But I would appreciate your input or expertise so I can learn what to expect next!
My spouse and I received AOR on September 7, saying CIC received our application on July 21. Also applied for OWP. Applications were linked on September 25, because for the longest time I could not figure out how to do it (learned that I had to leave the place of birth blank, then it worked). I DID submit schedule A and PCC with the original application. I did not submit PCC for Canada though. I did not submit medical. On my online account, I get a message for PR saying my action is required, but there are no messages or instructions. I read here that this is likely a bug, so I let that go for now. On my OWP application, it says that it is being processed. When do you think I can expect OWP? Thanks so much!

Reactions: christinebear