IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I was coming to post the exact same news. The very striking paragraph for me was this one:
"Immigration officials also have made a significant dent in what had become a vast backlog of files, bringing it from roughly 75,000 files down to about 15,000 in just over a year."
Right? And that's while still maintaining a significant intake at the same time. They effectively (at least) doubled their output. Crazy for sure!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes i do have a daughter back home.. what does it mean?
Did you include her on your application? They are asking for details on her (medical perhaps? Did you list her as accompanying? Is she?)

mhakel_25

Jan 10, 2016
Did you include her on your application? They are asking for details on her (medical perhaps? Did you list her as accompanying? Is she?)
I even pay for her but they refund it last year maybe bcoz she will not becoming. But as ive said i put her on the application

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes i put her and done here medical last 2016.. but she will not be coming here.. not until shes 12yrs of age.
I even pay for her but they refund it last year maybe bcoz she will not becoming. But as ive said i put her on the application
You may need to make sure CIC is aware that she is not accompanying. You might need to redo the form. If you plan for her to come to Canada at some point, you could request a PR (so, say she is accompanying), let her collect it, then she can remain where she lives now (coming to Canada for visits to make sure that she keep up her Residency Obligation). It would mean you don't need to file another application (and sounds like you are almost done!).

If not, then you are probably looking at a delay to sort out what they need from you.

Last edited:

mhakel_25

Jan 10, 2016
You may need to make sure CIC is aware that she is not accompanying. You might need to redo the form. If you plan for her to come to Canada at some point, you could request a PR (so, say she is accompanying), let her collect it, then she can remain where she lives now (coming to Canada for visits to make sure that she keep up her Residency Obligation). It would mean you don't need to file another application (and sounds like you are almost done!).

If not, then you are probably looking at a delay to sort out what they need from you.

Thanks profiler for the responce.! Really hope it will ne done this year!!

mhakel_25

Jan 10, 2016

About the form? Is there any form on overseas dependents form? I try looking at it on cic website but i cant find any!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
About the form? Is there any form on overseas dependents form? I try looking at it on cic website but i cant find any!
Should be done this year. It depends. What do you plan to do about your daughter...are you going to reapply for her later? Can you type out the letter (remove personal details)?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I GOT DECISION MADE ON BOTH SIDESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Felt like forever!
Now we wait for the landing interview! Any idea which office? I live in Newmarket Ontario!
Congrats!
110% Etobicoke

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
congrats can u share u r time line pls
My case is a little different as my husband had a refugee file open.
Application received December 14
Started processing January 4
June 26 decision made on sponsor side, AIP.
December 22 - passport requested from CBSA, released and mailed back to my husband to renew and scan for them.
February 14 - decision made on applicant side!!!
Oh and Medicals were sent up front they expired November 3rd, they were able to extend it until now.

I believe me contacting th MP really helped with getting my husbands passport from CBSA as they kept sending us requests to send them a copy of the renewed passport. But we couldn’t get it until CIC requested it from CBSA as they wouldn’t release it to us.

Reactions: KandyK and abcdmud

Lily44

Jan 26, 2018
Morning All,

October 2016 applicant here...still waiting on approvals.

Anyone else get a pre arrival services email? Is this an indication that I should be getting approvals soon. On Ecas sponsor shows in process and applicant side recently changed from application received to in process.
Application received on Oct 2016, started to be processed on November, request to send another criminal record in April and had landing interview on 1st Feb. My application side was always just received then suddenly turned into DM on January. Should come soon.