+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not convinced that it's better, to be fair. The government actually has made very good strides forward, and I don't believe it's helpful to have these petitions every 6 months to a year to demand more, when the effects of what they have already done have not yet been fully actualized. It's like a kid demanding more food, when they have only just started into their dinner.

That, and I value my safety, over faster processing times. They have a stream to deal with this, and I commented how getting the visitor visa can be accomplished.

Unfortunately, I am totally out.

Change it to state better communication or education into how to accomplish immigration with those particular scenarios, and I am in.
agreed.. 12 months processing is better than the previous processing times. also, as mentioned above i am certain Canada processes way more immigration files.

instead of this 12 months wait, if there could be a live system where applicants can check the status of their apps, it would be helpful. i know we can always order notes, but it also takes 30 days to arrive (and not sure about it but could mean transfer of file from one department to another).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
agreed.. 12 months processing is better than the previous processing times. also, as mentioned above i am certain Canada processes way more immigration files.

instead of this 12 months wait, if there could be a live system where applicants can check the status of their apps, it would be helpful. i know we can always order notes, but it also takes 30 days to arrive (and not sure about it but could mean transfer of file from one department to another).
It's not a bad idea. Unfortunately, what we have seen lately, is that an actual immigration officer won't pick a file up, until an hour before approving it (in many cases). So, it will just sit stagnant, and will frustrate people. Unless you 're watching every few hours, you might not catch anything happening until after it's over...

Bringing more into the processing network, like they have done, was a vast improvement. I believe they can also use the processing network in slightly more efficient ways (passing case files off to offices where officers have specific cultural or language training, as an example). Unfortunately, what we found at the end of last year, was, because CBSA is the processing office for Security (they order screenings from CSIS), and they were busy with Asylum/Trumpugee cases, Security screenings were taking way too long (> 6months). These could be ordered upfront, and completed in parallel. They are not done that way presently, because they have a shelf life (like the medical). Both Medical and Security must be valid to land....

$0.05

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
It's not a bad idea. Unfortunately, what we have seen lately, is that an actual immigration officer won't pick a file up, until an hour before approving it (in many cases). So, it will just sit stagnant, and will frustrate people. Unless you 're watching every few hours, you might not catch anything happening until after it's over...

Bringing more into the processing network, like they have done, was a vast improvement. I believe they can also use the processing network in slightly more efficient ways (passing case files off to offices where officers have specific cultural or language training, as an example). Unfortunately, what we found at the end of last year, was, because CBSA is the processing office for Security (they order screenings from CSIS), and they were busy with Asylum/Trumpugee cases, Security screenings were taking way too long (> 6months). These could be ordered upfront, and completed in parallel. They are not done that way presently, because they have a shelf life (like the medical). Both Medical and Security must be valid to land....

$0.05
This is why I follow Profiler.

Reactions: profiler

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

$0.05
security checks have always been like that (i guess they are always busy with asylum cases). when i was waiting for the processing of my own file 3 years ago, i had to go through same process (although it wasn't a sponsorship). it took 2.5 years for the processing to complete, whereas EE was being processed in 6 months.

again can't compare and have no idea how their systems work internally. i wish i could work with them one day to at least understand what takes so long :D lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
security checks have always been like that (i guess they are always busy with asylum cases). when i was waiting for the processing of my own file 3 years ago, i had to go through same process (although it wasn't a sponsorship). it took 2.5 years for the processing to complete, whereas EE was being processed in 6 months.

again can't compare and have no idea how their systems work internally. i wish i could work with them one day to at least understand what takes so long :D lol
That really sucks. We did know it would be 26 months when we applied for my wife's PR inland. I can report that, 3 months after they said they would reduce processing times down to 12mos for everyone, they had almost completed her file. An expired medical was the thing that slowed us down (and the Panel Physician in our area took 3 weeks to get in). She landed 12mos to the day on her AOR.

EE is different, because they are "adding talent" to the pool, where not all family class cases are.

If you really want to know what does go on, check the operations manuals, and operational bulletins out. They are really informative!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That really sucks. We did know it would be 26 months when we applied for my wife's PR inland. I can report that, 3 months after they said they would reduce processing times down to 12mos for everyone, they had almost completed her file. An expired medical was the thing that slowed us down (and the Panel Physician in our area took 3 weeks to get in). She landed 12mos to the day on her AOR.

EE is different, because they are "adding talent" to the pool, where not all family class cases are.

If you really want to know what does go on, check the operations manuals, and operational bulletins out. They are really informative!
i am well aware of the operation manuals (that is what is refer to when i have time to read) lol... but thanks for pointing it out.

but i want to know what takes SO LONG. i understand paper work is always hard to track and extra manual force is required to transfer them from one place to another. :D :D

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

u got lucky... 26 months when u applied but file was processed in 12 months.. that's better response than expected.

i applied under CEC, processing time was 12 months at the time of application but took almost 29 months by the time i received decision.

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
i am well aware of the operation manuals (that is what is refer to when i have time to read) lol... but thanks for pointing it out.

but i want to know what takes SO LONG. i understand paper work is always hard to track and extra manual force is required to transfer them from one place to another. :D :D
The applications in the queue ahead of yours. Their numbers are in the hundreds of thousands of PR's issued per year. And the queue keeps growing. Have a look at the CIC stats too ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/statistics-open-data.html and https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2018.html )

LadyEnnui

Dec 16, 2016
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
PCC Request: 31-07-2017
Nomination.....
PCC Submitted: 19-10-2017
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
No AIP
Med's Request
26-07-2017
Med's Done....
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2017
@LadyEnnui
Funny, I was expecting the scene from James Bond: "Welcome to my lair, Mr Bond. I have been expecting you" at my wife's landing. I know they skim here. It makes sense....
Funny although i don't watch a lot of James Bond movies.

How are you guys after you landed? I am torn between working full time or go back to school. If i work full time, i'd work the same crappy job. If i study, i wont be able to send money for my family back home.

LadyEnnui

Dec 16, 2016
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
PCC Request: 31-07-2017
Nomination.....
PCC Submitted: 19-10-2017
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
No AIP
Med's Request
26-07-2017
Med's Done....
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2017
How the roads in your area? In London private lots n homes get plowed more than public roadways.
Its crazy!!!!
The excuse is "they don't have the resources"
In my time in Canada
Its the first am experiencing snow on top of snow on top of snow on public roads.
Absolutely rediculous !!!:(
Where my in laws live
I don't go too often if it snows because your vehicle might get stuck. . and this is in the city
Crazeeeeeee
Happened to me! Car won't start! Too cold - 31 in the morning. Hubby had to park the car in the garage, But this week it's getting warmer so we put the car back on the street parking.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Funny although i don't watch a lot of James Bond movies.

How are you guys after you landed? I am torn between working full time or go back to school. If i work full time, i'd work the same crappy job. If i study, i wont be able to send money for my family back home.
My wife has a Bachelors of Economics. She works as an accountant. She's limited, because Russia doesn't have professional associations like CPA who could be tapped for bridging to the western associations. So, she's working on that now, while working. She's looking at their requirements to augment her present education to help her find better opportunities.

Otherwise, no issues here..

STL

Apr 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
13-07-2016
Med's Request
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Hi
I am a applicant on june 2016. Finally i got a landing appoinment letter today.
Landing office is edmonton.but i recently moved to calgary.
Can i change a landing office edmonton to calgary??
And can i change a address for get a pr card in landing office ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi
I am a applicant on june 2016. Finally i got a landing appoinment letter today.
Landing office is edmonton.but i recently moved to calgary.
Can i change a landing office edmonton to calgary??
And can i change a address for get a pr card in landing office ?
You need to advise the call centre and ask what to do. You were obligated to advise of address change.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)

$0.05
I also don't have issues with them taking time to do security checks, but yes, this problem with files being stagnant for some applicants is IMO one of the biggest problems which I think they should tackle to make it more fair for all applicants (as it is stated that apps are processed in the order they are received, but not the case if it sits there in a pile and not even being activated and in progress). I really think that there should be some standards across the board with all VO's to be able to activate files in a more timely fashion as there seems to be a discrepancy in how long it takes to reach certain stages. For example when an app is received in Mississauga, if they just let applicants know that the app is received and opened, I think it will alleviate a lot of stress and unnecessary calls to IRCC call centre. If the applicants are given a time frame in which their app will get to the sponsor approval stage, that would help too. Of course if there is a spike in number of applicants any one time, it will take longer, however, I still think that more transparency here would take a load off of the call centre.

My real beef was that whilst our file was being transferred to the VO it took 7 bleeping weeks (some cases I saw took even longer), whereas I saw many people whose apps were opened in 3 weeks or less (including those in my own VO). This is something that needs to be standardized. Tell applicants that apps will be transferred in 3-5 weeks. Of course it will take longer if there is a spike in # of applicants etc. However, a whole month sitting there without any movement is crazy and they weren't even processing it. Our VO processes apps in batches. This is garbage. When you are next in queue, assign it to the next available officer. If they end up being too busy, they need to give it to someone else and not just chucked into the "I will get to it 2 months later pile".

This is my 5 cents I'm throwing in. For us, there is no end in sight in our processing as we have been waiting in queue for an interview for almost 2 months now and still no date and in 20 days, it will be 12 months since they received our app. BTW, none of this has been updated in our GCKey account nor eCAS, whereas others from my VO received an email to say they were in queue several months before their interview date and we didn't get anything. Again no consistency in what they do ... it seems that they have something against communicating with us even though I have been nothing but cordial in my emails to them and I don't even bombard the VO with emails requesting status updates. {End of rant}

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am going to respond in turn, and in context. Please bear with me...

I also don't have issues with them taking time to do security checks, but yes, this problem with files being stagnant for some applicants is IMO one of the biggest problems which I think they should tackle to make it more fair for all applicants (as it is stated that apps are processed in the order they are received, but not the case if it sits there in a pile and not even being activated and in progress).
For a very long time (many years) they have had this. It's known as an AOR. AOR means they have: opened the package, and determined that it is complete enough to begin processing. AOR is 'Acknowledgement of Receipt'. Inlands get one, and outlands get two. The case will end up sitting there, and will come up for action items while it waits in queue. These will be processed as time moves forward. Don't take my word for it, order your GCMS notes and see for yourself here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html . You will see, from the time that the file is received, there are activities going on that you are unaware of. It's very, very clear.

I really think that there should be some standards across the board with all VO's to be able to activate files in a more timely fashion as there seems to be a discrepancy in how long it takes to reach certain stages. For example when an app is received in Mississauga, if they just let applicants know that the app is received and opened, I think it will alleviate a lot of stress and unnecessary calls to IRCC call centre. If the applicants are given a time frame in which their app will get to the sponsor approval stage, that would help too. Of course if there is a spike in number of applicants any one time, it will take longer, however, I still think that more transparency here would take a load off of the call centre.
RE: CPC-M notifying files have been received and accepted ('Opened') see my previous comment above. If you did not get this, you need to work out with the call centre why not.

To your point about VO's and standards. There is standards. Allow me to link you to them: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals.html .

If you are describing VO's processing in a uniform fashion, that is absolutely impossible. Every case submitted is unique from any other. Therefore, it is 110% NOT POSSIBLE. Unless you are living someone else's life, exactly.

Regarding time frames, allow me to link you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

My real beef was that whilst our file was being transferred to the VO it took 7 bleeping weeks (some cases I saw took even longer), whereas I saw many people whose apps were opened in 3 weeks or less (including those in my own VO). This is something that needs to be standardised. Tell applicants that apps will be transferred in 3-5 weeks. Of course it will take longer if there is a spike in # of applicants etc. However, a whole month sitting there without any movement is crazy and they weren't even processing it. Our VO processes apps in batches. This is garbage. When you are next in queue, assign it to the next available officer. If they end up being too busy, they need to give it to someone else and not just chucked into the "I will get to it 2 months later pile".
See my comment above.

This is my 5 cents I'm throwing in. For us, there is no end in sight in our processing as we have been waiting in queue for an interview for almost 2 months now and still no date and in 20 days, it will be 12 months since they received our app. BTW, none of this has been updated in our GCKey account nor eCAS, whereas others from my VO received an email to say they were in queue several months before their interview date and we didn't get anything.
With respect to VO's and interviews: Paris VO may have way more interviews than, say Kiev. Or vice-versa. How would you propose equalling out the amount of work in the queue? This is why files slow down.

I am terribly sorry to hear you've been queued for an interview. But this lends itself to my point above. Did you supply the proofs required to satisfy the officers that you are a member of the class, and therefore should be approved? If not, then there is no means to standardise, because others did complete this task successfully. I hope this interview, when it happens, turns out well for you! Best of luck here!

Last edited: