mrihan

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! That means it's done. The decision is made already and you are waiting for a landing invitation. An official DM letter should be sent to your wife, but a lot of people don't receive the letter or receive it with a lot of delay. Anyway, depending on your location, you can expect your wife to receive the landing invitation in 2-9 weeks from the day you saw decision made on ECAS.
Thank you so much for all the help. God bless

Reactions: sylvain1

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I guess I must have worried too much as I ended up with strep throat. Great fun! Not..:( It's reassuring to hear that Gabe's stroke won't be much of an issue. So sorry to hear that your dad went through this as well. How old was ?
I just wish I would be able to link my paper application. Whenever I try doing so, it tells me that my application does not exist. It certainly does, as it is on ECAS. i would love to see the details but, alas no matter what I do, it is not working..There must be some misinformation somewhere.... grrrr. They made a mistake themselves stating that his country of birth is the USA, which it isn't , Suffice to day I entered it the proper way.. I tried everything. Beyond frustrating...:)
I will just sit back and enjoy the Christmas season and also renew his visitor's visa..
Thank you so much for all your advice.
My dad was 60. He has only minor lasting issues, but largely he lives a totally normal life. Most would never guess the peril he was in. He's lucky my mom is a licensed nurse, who worked with folks post stroke. The Neurologist who saw him (and teaches at one of the best schools in Canada for this type of medicine -- UWO) had to ask why he was even there for a follow up!

When does the Visitor visa expire? Did he apply for an OWP??

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
My dad was 60. He has only minor lasting issues, but largely he lives a totally normal life. Most would never guess the peril he was in. He's lucky my mom is a licensed nurse, who worked with folks post stroke. The Neurologist who saw him (and teaches at one of the best schools in Canada for this type of medicine -- UWO) had to ask why he was even there for a follow up!

When does the Visitor visa expire? Did he apply for an OWP??
It expires Dec. 31.2017, he did not apply for an OWP.

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Congratulations! I don't want to lower your joy, but the landing is likely still 8-9 weeks away (apparently the current timeline from DM to landing in Etobicoke office). However, you can certainly celebrate, the end of your journey is coming soon!
Hi,Can anyone tell me what are steps after decision made (which is interview invitation and so on) , do we still have to send passport for stamping (PR approval) or they will going to stamp it while interview only and than we can go across the border for final immigration landing?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,Can anyone tell me what are steps after decision made (which is interview invitation and so on) , do we still have to send passport for stamping (PR approval) or they will going to stamp it while interview only and than we can go across the border for final immigration landing?
Inlands don't get a PPR. There is no stamp (unless it's symbolic only)

You get your Confirmation paper at the landing interview. 60 days later, your PR Card comes in the mail.

Reactions: sylvain1
Aug 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-6-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Med's Request
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Hi guys;
Finally we have received PR approval letter today 1st Dec. Our timeline is as follow:
- Application received by CIC on 16 June 2016
- SA & AIP received on 4 July 2017
- PR approval received 1 Dec 2017
- Waiting landing interview (Etobicoke)

It is gonna be outstanding CHRISTMAS. Good luck everybody.
Congrats we have same timeline- June 15 2016 - SA 5 July2017

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Hello profiler, i have done my hearing and it went well but the judge she couldnt make decision at same day. And waiting what will she is going to decide on my claim. In the mean time i called to cic and the agent told me my case takes long due to i filled refugee claim. And he told me my medical extended up to oct 21, 2018 and is that possible extending that long?. So far no SA/AIP....i feel like they are waiting my claim outcome.
Note:- filled oct 4, 2016
Medical successful.
Thank you inadvace!
Everybody is welcome to give suggestion
Especially who has same process and timeline.

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Inlands don't get a PPR. There is no stamp (unless it's symbolic only)

You get your Confirmation paper at the landing interview. 60 days later, your PR Card comes in the mail.
thank you so much the reason why i am asking is my spouse is on open work permit and we are expecting to go outside Canada in Feb-2018. What if we receive her interview before Feb-2018? Can we leave the country after the interview ( based on multiple entry on open work permit) or we cant?
also after interview do we still need to cross border to apply PR card or that will happen at interview place only?

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello profiler, i have done my hearing and it went well but the judge she couldnt make decision at same day. And waiting what will she is going to decide on my claim. In the mean time i called to cic and the agent told me my case takes long due to i filled refugee claim. And he told me my medical extended up to oct 21, 2018 and is that possible extending that long?. So far no SA/AIP....i feel like they are waiting my claim outcome.
Note:- filled oct 4, 2016
Medical successful.
Thank you inadvace!
Everybody is welcome to give suggestion
Especially who has same process and timeline.
Heads up, if your hearing fails, you now have a huge problem. I can't believe your lawyer would permit such a thing.. but I'm no lawyer, so, please ignore my befuddled response. If you want context as to what I say, review public policy (Appendix A) in IP-8 (Google CIC ip8). Then read the rest. You'll see.

I hope it works out for the best, in any event.

Yes they can choose to extend medicals for refugee claims.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
thank you so much the reason why i am asking is my spouse is on open work permit and we are expecting to go outside Canada in Feb-2018. What if we receive her interview before Feb-2018? Can we leave the country after the interview ( based on multiple entry on open work permit) or we cant?
Please review the past...5 or so pages. I answer this a lot, and it's detailed there.

Once you land, you no longer possess any valid visas. They all become invalid at landing. It is illegal for a PR to possess a visa -- they are not required. So they all become invalid when you land.

Either postpone the trip, delay the trip, or postpone landing. Last alternative, ask the officers about the process for getting a PRTD (travel document) when you land.

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Please review the past...5 or so pages. I answer this a lot, and it's detailed there.

Once you land, you no longer possess any valid visas. They all become invalid at landing. It is illegal for a PR to possess a visa -- they are not required. So they all become invalid when you land.

Either postpone the trip, delay the trip, or postpone landing. Last alternative, ask the officers about the process for getting a PRTD (travel document) when you land.
Thank you for the response, looks like i was not able to explain you my Question properly, let me try again,
Let say for example i called for interview on 15-Dec-2017, so now question is what they will do at interview ? will they take my passport and will send me Landing paper along with passport or they will give me landing paper right away? If they are giving me landing paper than still i need to cross the border for example rainbow bridge or anywhere(outside Canada) to meet immigration officer and he will complete my landing and apply for PR card at that time or my PR card will going to apply on the day of interview?
thanks in advance