+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017
its been a long time see you guys.
i applied for family spousal sponsorship inside in canada june 2016.
i got medical test april 2017 and its passed. and i got AIP and SA also.
when i call to cic call center, they said all passed except background check.
is there someone same time line with me?
its been 16month since i applied.
July 2016 applicant, SA & AIP June 21, 2017 and no DM or anything else so far. :(

Reactions: rizaki

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
congratulations!
Just landed today!

My timeline is

Application received: 2 November 2016
AOR: 28 November 2016
Open work permit: 2 March 2017
Medical request: 15 September 2017
Medical completed: 21 September 2017
Landing interview: today 25 October 2017

So all in all, the process takes me one year less a week. I never receive any sponsor approval, etc etc.

Although I'm very thankful that everyone has been helpful with their questions and answers, I'd like to thank profiler and polarvolcano in particular.

I'd like to update on the spreadsheet but I see it's been made access only. Good luck to everyone!

Les bleus

May 12, 2017
Hi everyone, my US visa expired last November and I did not renew it since I have no urgent need to do so. However, I am planning to make a quick trip to the US next month, can I use my COPR as a proof of permanent resident for the interview while awaiting the delivery of the PR card? Someone said I can’t use it; that only the PR card will work. Is this true?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone, my US visa expired last November and I did not renew it since I have no urgent need to do so. However, I am planning to make a quick trip to the US next month, can I use my COPR as a proof of permanent resident for the interview while awaiting the delivery of the PR card? Someone said I can’t use it; that only the PR card will work. Is this true?
You would be travelling on your passport, not a PR Card. So it won't really matter. You can try to submit it to see if they accept it or not?

Les bleus

May 12, 2017
You would be travelling on your passport, not a PR Card. So it won't really matter. You can try to submit it to see if they accept it or not?
Thanks profiler for the reply. I think I will send an email to the US consulate office here in Calgary to inquire.

sunset66_71

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
ON
App. Filed.......
16-June-2016
Hi;
We are also June 2016; SA & AIP received on July 2017; since then no DM... We called CIC many times and we have been told "background and security check" ....

Reactions: rizaki

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
Sure! We went to the office in downtown Vancouver 15 minutes before our appointment at 10 AM. We buzzed in, had someone seat us in the waiting room, and waited for about 20 minutes before we got called to one of the booths.

The officer was very friendly. He went through basic questions such as:

- What is your marital status (an obvious question but they need to make sure we are still married)?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
- Have you ever been asked to leave Canada?
- When did you first arrive in Canada?
- Have you ever traveled outside of Canada during your application? (I said yes, 3 times, twice to the US and once to the UK). He asked me my most recent entry and from which city (Toronto, last month). Did not seem to be a problem.

He confirmed that I got my PR, sorted the paperwork, I signed few things, and boooooommm we got the COPR (Confirmation of PR paper).

He also told me about the current wait for PR card (2 months over, could go as far as February due to the end of year holiday). Also told me I cannot use commercial means (boat, plane, etc) to go outside of Canada but may cross US Canada border using private vehicle.

To be honest it was very straightforward and efficient.

Congratulation! Can you please share your landing experience?

AK16

Jan 20, 2016
Hi folks,
Pls answer if you are aware:

1. Any idea how local office contacts you after decision is made? Email or letter by post?
2. How long after decision made does local office contact you? Need to know for Etobicoke.

Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi folks,
Pls answer if you are aware:

1. Any idea how local office contacts you after decision is made? Email or letter by post?
2. How long after decision made does local office contact you? Need to know for Etobicoke.

Thanks
1 - if they usually email you, then email. They can call also, of they want an expedited appointment time, or to reschedule.

2 - no set time, and it's highly variable. But usually 2-8 weeks.

AK16

Jan 20, 2016
Thanks, Profiler for your quick response!
Another question: Is the google sheet for timeline need special access now? I just tried accessing it and it says request access.

Reactions: profiler

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
To people who landed...

Do they stamp on your passport when you land in IRCC's office?
When u land, your passport is stamped and dated. The reference number on your copr is written below the stamp n naturally it is signed

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks, Profiler for your quick response!
Another question: Is the google sheet for timeline need special access now? I just tried accessing it and it says request access.
Try the New Entry page (can you view it?)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
When u land, your passport is stamped and dated. The reference number on your copr is written below the stamp n naturally it is signed
Really? That's what @sylvain1 said. It's a souviner. My wife's wasn't stamped at all.

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Really? That's what @sylvain1 said. It's a souviner. My wife's wasn't stamped at all.
I guess different offices dies things differently. U know the CoPR is printed during the interview; it comes with a reference , character n numbers. The number on that cope is scribed in my passpory