AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Congratulations on your DM. Don't worry about ECAS or MyCIC. ECAS is often updated the next morning. MyCIC is often not updated until landing.
CoPR is issued at the landing, but this not a travel document and it can't be used to board on a plane.

Last edited by a moderator:

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
congratulations, this is your landing interview!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SaqlainSyed

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Evening all, just a quick update that I got my landing letter today. I wish all that are still waiting good luck.
Total processing time from application sent to landing is 16months for me.
Congratulations!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Looks like a batch of security clearances were done

Reactions: sylvain1

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Good Morning,
I know it is early, but I am hoping someone is active in the forum currently. I received an email this morning that my CIC account had been updated. When I go into my account it still looks exactly the same, but there is a new message. The message is a letter stating, "This refers to the Application for PR you made under the Spouse In Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Edmonton will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
Important: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification documents to the CIC at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of PR status will be made at that time."

When I checked ECAS, under general inquiries, it shows DM. But I am unsure about this letter. Will I be receiving a letter in the mail advising me what to do next? Or should I expect a phone call? Last week I mailed out my childrens student visa extension because the DM was not in before they expired on 9-30-2017. I was told if DM was before the applications were processed, I could request a refund. Should I request that refund at this time? Is this my DM letter? What now? Please advise. Thank you!!!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good Morning,
I know it is early, but I am hoping someone is active in the forum currently. I received an email this morning that my CIC account had been updated. When I go into my account it still looks exactly the same, but there is a new message. The message is a letter stating, "This refers to the Application for PR you made under the Spouse In Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Edmonton will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
Important: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification documents to the CIC at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of PR status will be made at that time."

When I checked ECAS, under general inquiries, it shows DM. But I am unsure about this letter. Will I be receiving a letter in the mail advising me what to do next? Or should I expect a phone call? Last week I mailed out my childrens student visa extension because the DM was not in before they expired on 9-30-2017. I was told if DM was before the applications were processed, I could request a refund. Should I request that refund at this time? Is this my DM letter? What now? Please advise. Thank you!!!!
Congrats! That's your decision.

EDIT: Since your kids' didn't have a valid visa (it was expiring), and you applied for a new one, it was extended via "implied status" (assuming you sent them in before expiry). You can ask for a refund, as long as they haven't issued the visa. They may or may not be able to grant it. But you cannot start that process until after you land.

You could ask your MP's office if they can expedite the appointment at Edmonton. If they can, you might be able to get help from Edmonton while you are there WRT cancelling/refunding the visitor visas (student visas?).

Last edited:
Reactions: mmusial15

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hi Nadaa, I received the same letter . I'm just wondering about what u've said that u need proof of cohabitation the same day in the interview ?
Congrats for your landing appoinment :) regarding the proof, yes it is. On my ecas i had to upload it again and due date is the same date as my interview schedule (there is a guide what kind of docs i should upload such marriage certificate, imm5409- for commonlaw etc). I already submitted all in advance including joint account and else.

I believe i have to bring all the original docs for the interview

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Congrats! That's your decision.

EDIT: Since your kids' didn't have a valid visa (it was expiring), and you applied for a new one, it was extended via "implied status" (assuming you sent them in before expiry). You can ask for a refund, as long as they haven't issued the visa. They may or may not be able to grant it. But you cannot start that process until after you land.

You could ask your MP's office if they can expedite the appointment at Edmonton. If they can, you might be able to get help from Edmonton while you are there WRT cancelling/refunding the visitor visas (student visas?).

Thanks!!! Now the question is...what is my next step? How will I find out where I am supposed to go? I presume I don't need an interview because myCIC has always said an interview is not required, and still says that. There is no information on this letter advising me where to go to land. It just says someone will be contacting me? Is this going to be a letter, a phonecall?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks!!! Now the question is...what is my next step? How will I find out where I am supposed to go? I presume I don't need an interview because myCIC has always said an interview is not required, and still says that. There is no information on this letter advising me where to go to land. It just says someone will be contacting me? Is this going to be a letter, a phonecall?
If they usually email, then email.

This will be an "interview" (it's like getting a driver's license). Your next step should be trying to appeal to CIC to speed up the landing so your kids' visas aren't required (that's just my opinion). Otherwise, just wait for Edmonton to schedule your landing.

Your spouse, kidlets, and yourself will all need to attend. Edmonton will give you instructions, but here is the address:
Edmonton
9700 Jasper Ave. NW, Suite 260
Canada Place
Edmonton, AB
T5J 4B8

They will ask you to confirm some details on your COPR's, after taking your (and your kids') passport(s). You confirm the details, answer a couple dead simple questions (don't lie -- they already know the answers), they will welcome you to Canada, and you will have a chance to ask any questions of them -- ask about the visa extension/refund.

You and your kids should get passport-sized photo's done. They are required for the PR Cards, and must be less than 1 year old -- in this case, that won't expire before landing.

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
If they usually email, then email.

This will be an "interview" (it's like getting a driver's license). Your next step should be trying to appeal to CIC to speed up the landing so your kids' visas aren't required (that's just my opinion). Otherwise, just wait for Edmonton to schedule your landing.

Your spouse, kidlets, and yourself will all need to attend. Edmonton will give you instructions, but here is the address:
Edmonton
9700 Jasper Ave. NW, Suite 260
Canada Place
Edmonton, AB
T5J 4B8

They will ask you to confirm some details on your COPR's, after taking your (and your kids') passport(s). You confirm the details, answer a couple dead simple questions (don't lie -- they already know the answers), they will welcome you to Canada, and you will have a chance to ask any questions of them -- ask about the visa extension/refund.

You and your kids should get passport-sized photo's done. They are required for the PR Cards, and must be less than 1 year old -- in this case, that won't expire before landing.

Thanks so much for all your help. I had sent photos in of the four of us with our application. I presume those are no longer valid now since our application was mailed in on 7-25-2016. I also presume that by appealing to CIC to speed up the landing- you mean to involve the MP again? I will work on this further. Thank you again!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks so much for all your help. I had sent photos in of the four of us with our application. I presume those are no longer valid now since our application was mailed in on 7-25-2016. I also presume that by appealing to CIC to speed up the landing- you mean to involve the MP again? I will work on this further. Thank you again!!
New ones are better, but yes the old ones are now considered to be too old. Your MP's office might be able to leverage their MP line to get a sooner landing date. So, appealing to them; you did talk to them already, so just update them, and ask if they might be able to get an appointment urgently so you don't need a visa for only a few days; might work.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You will have to remove the quoted personal information too!
It's too late. Google spiders hit this forum very fast (<10 minutes). We tested this theory by accident about 3 weeks ago...

father of the year

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Visa Office......
montreal
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
13-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
07-09-2017
Passport Req..
13-03-2017
anyone landed in Montreal recently?
i landed a month ago, but still haven't receive anything really. i went to service canada and got my permanent sin but that's it! i was told pr card comes in mail 6-8 weeks and ill get health card 2-3 months. however i was told i would receive in mail 2-3 weeks something concerning my health card(i thought this would be a temporary one).
at first they told me to send a hydro bill(or utility) to prove address and i did but got in mail yesterday saying the hydro bill didn't prove(wasn't good enough) although it had everything on it so first thing this morning i sent a bell bill instead with all separate(internet, home phone, and cable)
so question is....anyone with knowledge of process after Montreal landing? any insight!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I can't tell you the process WRT RAMQ. I am from Ontario, so the process is different here (a little).

PR Cards are sent from Sydney, NS. http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp says PR Cards are being processed within 61 days. Once you have your SIN, then you're good to go. I will defer to others who have done the RAMQ process to help you there.