AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Hey congrats! They can be anywhere from 1-8wks. The average seems to be about 4. If the time doesn't work, then you can just advise CIC you need to reschedule. I don't recall if you are from a visa-exempt or visa-requiring country, so, keep in mind that leaving before you get your PR Card can have problems associated..
Hi Profiler

Thank you again! I am from Australia, I already applied for a Canadian ESTA travel visa just in case I need it on return because I dont think the open work permit I have is associated with one. You also gave me the advise last time that I will need to go to the High Commission in Australia and ask for a Travel Document to get back into Canada.

I am trying to work all this out now and do my research before I go so I am not stuck and not let back in on my return! :)

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey Everyone, I finally received a letter saying that my application has finished being processed and is being referred to the Etobicoke office for them to arrange an appointment for the final decision. Yay!!! I was jumping up and down on Friday for about 5 mins when i opened the email. My timeline was June 30, 2016 to September 22, 2017 to get this letter.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to arrange an appointment for the final decision?? I really want to call the office and book it myself haha. I am going away for three weeks in November - whats the bet thats the time slots they have open for the appointments... At least my partners is coming with me so its a pretty good reason to have to move the appointment, plus flights have been booked for a few months.

Also i wanted to say a big thank you to @profiler for answering my many questions while on this site! You are always so full of knowledge and assistance and I am sure I'm not the only one who appreciates it!
Congratulations on your DM!

Reactions: bex0987

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
So this is what I was talking about!

I may have a powerful tongue!

We received an update in MyCiC

Dear Ms. XXXXXXXXX:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Ottawa will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
Congratulations!

Reactions: ivan28

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Profiler

Thank you again! I am from Australia, I already applied for a Canadian ESTA travel visa just in case I need it on return because I dont think the open work permit I have is associated with one. You also gave me the advise last time that I will need to go to the High Commission in Australia and ask for a Travel Document to get back into Canada.

I am trying to work all this out now and do my research before I go so I am not stuck and not let back in on my return! :)
Yes I recall you are from Oz now that you mention it. The HC can issue a PRTD within a few days I bet. Just be sure to keep on hand a copy of your COPR (as your OWP won't be valid once they issue the COPR) for when you apply for a PRTD.

Reactions: sylvain1

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Yes I recall you are from Oz now that you mention it. The HC can issue a PRTD within a few days I bet. Just be sure to keep on hand a copy of your COPR (as your OWP won't be valid once they issue the COPR) for when you apply for a PRTD.
Hi Profiler

Im a bit confused by all your abbreviations haha. What is my COPR (copy of permanent residency). Are you sure its definitely the High Commission of Australia that gives out the travel docs? Im trying to do some research on it and i cant find much that is useful. I dont want to take up too much of your time though so if you dont know off the top of your head dont worry!

Or i wonder if i just push the decision made (landing interview) back until after i get back then i can just come back in under my work permit, maybe thats a better idea??

Thanks!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Profiler

Im a bit confused by all your abbreviations haha. What is my COPR (copy of permanent residency). Are you sure its definitely the High Commission of Australia that gives out the travel docs? Im trying to do some research on it and i cant find much that is useful. I dont want to take up too much of your time though so if you dont know off the top of your head dont worry!

Or i wonder if i just push the decision made (landing interview) back until after i get back then i can just come back in under my work permit, maybe thats a better idea??

Thanks!!
My time is yours to take -- better than @sylvain1 hoarding it all -- or @meaningful1 trying to take it away ;).

This will show you that, for Oz, you take it to the Visa Application Centre (VAC): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/index.asp

If I believe what the CIC officers told my wife at landing, then I am 100% sure it will be the High Commission. They may confer with the Sydney CIC office, but they will be the issuing office.

You can't use a Work Permit as a means to permit entry. That said, Oz is a visa-exempt nation (still require eTA). So re-entry shouldn't be too much of an issue. If it was me, I would bring the correspondence you have from CIC. The CBSA does have access to GCMS. Just reading your passport, they would be able to see that you have a PR application.

If you have yet to land, then you cannot file for a PRTD. So, you can decide closer to the time you travel. If you land before travel, when they give you the chance to ask any questions of them, ASK ABOUT THIS ONE! :).

Abbreviations used:
GCMS - Global Case Management System (this is the software that CIC and CBSA use).
CBSA - Canada Border Services Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence (it's the most precious, and important paper you get at landing)

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
My time is yours to take -- better than @sylvain1 hoarding it all -- or @meaningful1 trying to take it away ;).

This will show you that, for Oz, you take it to the Visa Application Centre (VAC): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/index.asp

If I believe what the CIC officers told my wife at landing, then I am 100% sure it will be the High Commission. They may confer with the Sydney CIC office, but they will be the issuing office.

Thanks again @profiler!!!! You really are the best. Ive written all this down, printed everything off and will certainly be bringing a pile of paperwork home with me only to show it upon return so that Canada lets me back in!!

Will let you know how quickly I get the landing interview and hopefully some other people that applied around my timeline might have some sort of clue about there processing times if their application hasnt been done yet.

:) And as always, a big THANK YOU!!

Last edited:
Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@bex0987

Here's to hoping you land before then!

Reactions: bex0987

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
So this is what I was talking about!

I may have a powerful tongue!

We received an update in MyCiC

Dear Ms. XXXXXXXXX:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Ottawa will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
Congrats!

badr2125

Nov 4, 2016
Hello My wife got a call from cic about one information missing on the file. The immigration told here that she is working on her file as the moment she confirmed the information with them. Is there anybody had the same situations ? They asked here couple of questions.. Same like if we live together. what's my birth date, etc.
Just for your information we sent our application on September, 21st 2016. We got a medical request by the end of July 2017 and the medical show passed on our ecas.
Can you please help me because I am stressed !

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello My wife got a call from cic about one information missing on the file. The immigration told here that she is working on her file as the moment she confirmed the information with them. Is there anybody had the same situations ? They asked here couple of questions.. Same like if we live together. what's my birth date, etc.
Just for your information we sent our application on September, 21st 2016. We got a medical request by the end of July 2017 and the medical show passed on our ecas.
Can you please help me because I am stressed !
They probably are working on the file, and it could very well have just been a spot check. They didn't ask for anything like social insurance numbers, did they? Or any details on any of the documents that you submitted?