IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am equally thinking that this might have occurred in another country. But what I mean is, in Canada, if you choose not to appear in court for traffic incident case, the case still proceeds. And if found guilty a charge and conviction is entered against you. Is that where you wanted clarification?
Agreed that if you are charged and don't appear that a default conviction will be entered into record.

I have possessed a Canadian (Ontario) DL since 1996. This is the first I have heard that, the simple presence of a police officer at an accident scene would result in a ticket (a charge, as it were). While it's true, during the "dark times" of at-fault insurance, they were encouraged to find one driver at-fault, it was not a necessity.

Now, I cannot speak for all the provinces, of course. But the insurance companies present in Ontario, operate in all 13 regions. So, I suspect, they all operate with no-fault now -- meaning that officers are encouraged only to charge when someone has actually broken the law.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Agreed that if you are charged and don't appear that a default conviction will be entered into record.

I have possessed a Canadian (Ontario) DL since 1996. This is the first I have heard that, the simple presence of a police officer at an accident scene would result in a ticket (a charge, as it were). While it's true, during the "dark times" of at-fault insurance, they were encouraged to find one driver at-fault, it was not a necessity.

Now, I cannot speak for all the provinces, of course. But the insurance companies present in Ontario, operate in all 13 regions. So, I suspect, they all operate with no-fault now -- meaning that officers are encouraged only to charge when someone has actually broken the law.
That's right. I think she is referring to traffic accident not traffic incident. If there is a traffic accident that causes damages, in most unclear cases a judge will have to settle.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
That's right. I think she is referring to traffic accident not traffic incident. If there is a traffic accident that causes damages, in most unclear cases a judge will have to settle.
But that's a civil matter, not a criminal matter -- at least it is here. And you would have to accept fault for the incident (or accident, if you like that word better). Unless it happened during the commission of a crime, DUI, or some other factor...

Anyway, a letter to CIC sent via CSE is the fastest way to get that resolved. It's incredible what a simple letter can do.

Last edited:

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello, can you provide more details: first, which country is IRCC referring to: Canada or your home country? In Canada, if you are involved in traffic accident where a police physically comes in, there will be a court proceedings. If you choose not to attend, you will be charged and convicted if found guilty.

Now, if you are very sure that you have never been involved in any traffic accident before, then there might be a mistake from IRCC or from the RMCP (Canada Police Record Check). These are the options you may have:
- Order for GCMS notes asap (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do). This will give you more details about what's going on and where the officer got this information from.
- Phone IRCC call center on 1-888-242-2100, but in most cases they are not helpful, especially if this case is actually on your file.
- If this happened in Canada, then you can visit your local RCMP to request for criminal record check and ask if you have any pending charge and convictions against you. You may also visit your Province driver's licensing and vehicle registration to inquire more. Normally, traffic incidents are reported to them.

If all these prove that you have no such history and your GCMS notes show that the officer has entered such case against you and efforts to get the IRCC call center resolve failed, then you can contact your local MP to help you out. You might need to provide proof that this was a mistake.

However, if such case exists and you confirmed with your Province/country, and you think it was a mistake, then you will have to resolve this with them and ask for letters of clarification to be sent to IRCC by yourself.

All the best. And please keep us updated.

Hello, the letter didn't specify which country if Canada or South Korea since my husband is country is South Korea. So, we don't even know. but your information was very helpful .

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello, can you provide more details: first, which country is IRCC referring to: Canada or your home country? In Canada, if you are involved in traffic accident where a police physically comes in, there will be a court proceedings. If you choose not to attend, you will be charged and convicted if found guilty.

Now, if you are very sure that you have never been involved in any traffic accident before, then there might be a mistake from IRCC or from the RMCP (Canada Police Record Check). These are the options you may have:
- Order for GCMS notes asap (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do). This will give you more details about what's going on and where the officer got this information from.
- Phone IRCC call center on 1-888-242-2100, but in most cases they are not helpful, especially if this case is actually on your file.
- If this happened in Canada, then you can visit your local RCMP to request for criminal record check and ask if you have any pending charge and convictions against you. You may also visit your Province driver's licensing and vehicle registration to inquire more. Normally, traffic incidents are reported to them.

If all these prove that you have no such history and your GCMS notes show that the officer has entered such case against you and efforts to get the IRCC call center resolve failed, then you can contact your local MP to help you out. You might need to provide proof that this was a mistake.

However, if such case exists and you confirmed with your Province/country, and you think it was a mistake, then you will have to resolve this with them and ask for letters of clarification to be sent to IRCC by yourself.

All the best. And please keep us updated.

Hello, the letter didn't specify which country if Canada or South Korea since my husband is country is South Korea. So, we don't even know. but your information was very helpful .

Ale04010

Aug 6, 2017
April 2016 here and still waiting, our ecas says DM only on the sponsor side but never got an email about that, it has been like that for months
Wow April 2016,I really hope they really finalize the application for the end of the year, I just asked the notes today,let see if my file is stuck or is still in background process, My sponsor get the DM in the email as well on the mail.

Ale04010

Aug 6, 2017
Wow April 2016,I really hope they really finalize the application for the end of the year, I just asked the notes today,let see if my file is stuck or is still in background process, My sponsor get the DM in the email as well on the mail.
She got the DM 3 months ago

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Like Profile said, a letter to them will help. But it seems to me that you don't which country they are referring to. Call the IRCC centre for more details and order for GCMS NOTES. You should also send them the letter asasp to generally inform them that you never had/encounteted such case before.

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
Hi guys, someone else is June 2016 applicant or previous and still waiting for DM?
I am June 2016 applicant and I am still waiting for DM. I got AIP and SA in June 2017.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
April 2016 here and still waiting, our ecas says DM only on the sponsor side but never got an email about that, it has been like that for months
Anything yet

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
I cannot say I have heard of this specifically. But @meaningful1 was accused of being a police officer (or a member of the military -- I cannot remember) in Afghanistan. He's from Jamaica, not Afghanistan. So, as I recommended to him, I will recommend the same to you:

Write CIC a letter. Explain that you may possess a license, but you have never driven a vehicle. Therefore, it is impossible that you have had any conviction.

They will double check. If it is in fact an error, they will move on from that point. If it is not, they will advise you.
I thought they said your brain was no good!!!! I wonder who could say such a thing? Lol
Well your advice is quite accurate. From my experience, I did write to them, professionally n politely. I did respond in the negative and that was that.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I thought they said your brain was no good!!!! I wonder who could say such a thing? Lol
Well your advice is quite accurate. From my experience, I did write to them, professionally n politely. I did respond in the negative and that was that.
True story -- my remembery ain't no good! It's magic what a letter to a government can do.... How's it down your end of the 401?