AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone, I just landed this morning in Etobicoke. I'm August 2016 applicant..I was asked those 3 basic questions,signed and that's it!Finally done!! Thank u one more time for ur help whenever I needed!
Congratulations!

Reactions: Dundolina

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Its done....I landed this morning.

Everything went smoothly. Got there a little earlier and they took us to a small interview room, asked the 3 questions, reviewed the COPR paper, a lot of small talk, put us at ease completely. Signed the paper, she said welcome to CA, you are now a permanent resident and then told me of my duties as a resident. Also made sure I knew where to go to get my MCP card and SIN. All went well with getting the medical card (had to be issued in my maiden name) however when going to get my SIN (which can be in my married name) was told I "was not in the system yet" and will have to return to apply again. No problem, will do that next week.

Hubby and I went to a celebrate with a wonderful supper and then tomorrow will be a long drive home to celebrate with family/friends this weekend. Then I can begin planning our trip back to the States for a visit....btw does the waiting period for the card to come in the mail include all days? or just work days? Just trying to plan the trip and make sure I will have the card in hand.

Thank you to all who have helped with anything Ive asked, your answers and guidance have been priceless.
To those who are waiting, your time will come and when it does, you will be so thankful for all you have had to endure. You will actually forget all the frustration, it just disappears.

Im still in shock it is finally over. There are no words to describe the peacefulness I have inside me.

sej2014

Mar 1, 2016
Thank you all for the response and My husband receive his sponsor approval letter Aug 12 and i receive my PR interview letter the following day :) just wondering what kind of questions do they usually ask during the interview and whats after the interview?

my apologies for the late response. our 3 year old just started going to school this week plus this news could not have come in a better timing. cannot wait to be able to start working =D wish i discovered this thread sooner (i would have been less paranoid on days-months not hearing anything from our app) lol. again, thank youuuu all :)

Question we submitted out application Aug 2016 since about a week ago when i last checked the status of our application has always been "n process" today when we checked it says "decision made" we didn't get sponsor approval status or applicant approval status is that normal? how will we know if our application has been approved or rejected?
congratulations, you're done. That's positive for sure. They would not refuse an application without giving you opportunities to address their concerns, so if you haven't heard from them, it means the decision is positive. You might get your SA, AIP, and DM letter with some delay, or not at all, but you're done anyway. You are now waiting for a landing appointment letter, which still can take a few weeks to come depending on your location.
Congratulation buddy! you are done! July/Aug 2016 are receiving DM!
Most likely approved or else you would've received an email referred to as the "fairness letter" explaining why they may deny you and what you should do to fix their final decision. Since you haven't received that it's most likely positive. Congrats! You're soon finished!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Everything went smoothly. Got there a little earlier and they took us to a small interview room, asked the 3 questions, reviewed the COPR paper, a lot of small talk, put us at ease completely. Signed the paper, she said welcome to CA, you are now a permanent resident and then told me of my duties as a resident. Also made sure I knew where to go to get my MCP card and SIN. All went well with getting the medical card (had to be issued in my maiden name) however when going to get my SIN (which can be in my married name) was told I "was not in the system yet" and will have to return to apply again. No problem, will do that next week.

Hubby and I went to a celebrate with a wonderful supper and then tomorrow will be a long drive home to celebrate with family/friends this weekend. Then I can begin planning our trip back to the States for a visit....btw does the waiting period for the card to come in the mail include all days? or just work days? Just trying to plan the trip and make sure I will have the card in hand.

Thank you to all who have helped with anything Ive asked, your answers and guidance have been priceless.
To those who are waiting, your time will come and when it does, you will be so thankful for all you have had to endure. You will actually forget all the frustration, it just disappears.

Im still in shock it is finally over. There are no words to describe the peacefulness I have inside me.
Congrats. See, easy :).

PR Card, in our case, was in hand the second week of July (9th if I recall correctly). Wife landed May 5th. The site said 65 days.

Because of the nature of the border between US and Canada, I would expect that you wouldn't have any trouble returning. Even if you didn't have your PR Card, your passport would return info to the guards that stated you're a Permanent Resident. If you took your COPR, CBSA likely would just wave you through. Assuming you drove to get across the border. CBSA completes landings at the border all the time for outlanders. So they know what COPRs are and look like.

Flying can be a little more, interesting. Many airlines require you to have a valid visa to register online. There is a trick here, that I think would work to bypass that..... Your COPR has a number on it that ultimately will end up on every PR Card: your UCI. It's also on your correspondence from CIC. So, you could cheat those checks by using that 8-digit number.

I haven't tried this myself, as the US hasn't finished accession to the Russian Federation yet; my wife will still need a visa to enter. I totally kid here. If you do try, I would be interested to hear the results.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you all for the response and My husband receive his sponsor approval letter Aug 12 and i receive my PR interview letter the following day :) just wondering what kind of questions do they usually ask during the interview and whats after the interview?

my apologies for the late response. our 3 year old just started going to school this week plus this news could not have come in a better timing. cannot wait to be able to start working =D wish i discovered this thread sooner (i would have been less paranoid on days-months not hearing anything from our app) lol. again, thank youuuu all :)
Landing is easy. Like getting a license. You hand over your passport. They typically call you up to a wicket (though @dskeard just reported being in an interview room), ask you to verify the details on your COPR. They then ask three questions typically: have you been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere; have you been denied entry into Canada or anywhere; do you have any dependents not listed in your application in Canada or anywhere. Some offices ask more or different questions. Not to worry -- not a test -- just tell the truth, as you and they know the answers. You sign, they sign. They welcome you to Canada. You can ask any questions. Then you're done.

They might engage you in small talk. It's people being people. They're not testing you. They will be granting you a PR :). So, don't stress about it, at all.

Time to plan your landing party, too!

Foxhound

Sep 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Request
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-06-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2017

Congrats!!!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

Congratulations!!!!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

Good for you! Congrats! See you in a few years for citizenship haha

ripper44

Nov 24, 2016
Hello all. I noticed mycic was changed today to "you passed the medical exam". I have been trying to go through past posts to figure out if I can figure out a timeline for the rest of the steps now. Can anyone give me an idea?

Reactions: future_PR

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@ripper44 what's your submission date again?

sej2014

Mar 1, 2016
Landing is easy. Like getting a license. You hand over your passport. They typically call you up to a wicket (though @dskeard just reported being in an interview room), ask you to verify the details on your COPR. They then ask three questions typically: have you been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere; have you been denied entry into Canada or anywhere; do you have any dependents not listed in your application in Canada or anywhere. Some offices ask more or different questions. Not to worry -- not a test -- just tell the truth, as you and they know the answers. You sign, they sign. They welcome you to Canada. You can ask any questions. Then you're done.

They might engage you in small talk. It's people being people. They're not testing you. They will be granting you a PR :). So, don't stress about it, at all.

Time to plan your landing party, too!
I don't have a COPR. will that be a problem? i only receive an email stating "pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:" with date and time and address and list of documents to bring e.g passport/proof we paid the pr fee/photo taken within 12 month time period and all documents issued by cic

future_PR

Jun 14, 2017
Hello all. I noticed mycic was changed today to "you passed the medical exam". I have been trying to go through past posts to figure out if I can figure out a timeline for the rest of the steps now. Can anyone give me an idea?
Same here. Applicant Oct 2016.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I don't have a COPR. will that be a problem? i only receive an email stating "pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:" with date and time and address and list of documents to bring e.g passport/proof we paid the pr fee/photo taken within 12 month time period and all documents issued by cic
So, as I said, they will give that to you at your landing...

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hi Folks, yesterday i received a letter stating below:-

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an
appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

I live in Toronto not Vancouver, even the letter itself states Toronto address under my name. Now next mail they would give me date and time of interview as per vancouver, I tired calling below number

Call 888-242-2100

Wait about 1 minute until they finish talking about parents sponsorship draw

Then dial 1 1 2 3(in my case as our applicantion number starts with F) then application numbers and #. Wait to hear the numbers and press 1 to confirm. Dial year of birth of applicant with 4 digits. Wait to hear it and 1 to confirm. Then 1 to hear the status and after that 0 to speak with attendant

There is no Attendent only , it says sorry we are not able to take ur call, What do i do , i have already submitted IRCForm for the address change but still i believe they sent my file to vancouver, Is there a way to change this to Etobicoke. ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Folks, yesterday i received a letter stating below:-

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an
appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

I live in Toronto not Vancouver, even the letter itself states Toronto address under my name. Now next mail they would give me date and time of interview as per vancouver, I tired calling below number

Call 888-242-2100

Wait about 1 minute until they finish talking about parents sponsorship draw

Then dial 1 1 2 3(in my case as our applicantion number starts with F) then application numbers and #. Wait to hear the numbers and press 1 to confirm. Dial year of birth of applicant with 4 digits. Wait to hear it and 1 to confirm. Then 1 to hear the status and after that 0 to speak with attendant

There is no Attendent only , it says sorry we are not able to take ur call, What do i do , i have already submitted IRCForm for the address change but still i believe they sent my file to vancouver, Is there a way to change this to Etobicoke. ?
They need to do it. You can't. You can approach your MP to state you cannot reach them and explain the problem. They can contact on the super-secret MP line to get it sorted for you...

Reactions: sylvain1