+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sej2014

Mar 1, 2016
Question we submitted out application Aug 2016 since about a week ago when i last checked the status of our application has always been "n process" today when we checked it says "decision made" we didn't get sponsor approval status or applicant approval status is that normal? how will we know if our application has been approved or rejected?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Question we submitted out application Aug 2016 since about a week ago when i last checked the status of our application has always been "n process" today when we checked it says "decision made" we didn't get sponsor approval status or applicant approval status is that normal? how will we know if our application has been approved or rejected?
congratulations, you're done. That's positive for sure. They would not refuse an application without giving you opportunities to address their concerns, so if you haven't heard from them, it means the decision is positive. You might get your SA, AIP, and DM letter with some delay, or not at all, but you're done anyway. You are now waiting for a landing appointment letter, which still can take a few weeks to come depending on your location.

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Congratulation buddy! you are done! July/Aug 2016 are receiving DM!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Congrats

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Most likely approved or else you would've received an email referred to as the "fairness letter" explaining why they may deny you and what you should do to fix their final decision. Since you haven't received that it's most likely positive. Congrats! You're soon finished!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just has concern that the BG Check for the applicants who came from Asian countries will take longer time? Im sep 2016 applicant and still in BG check and receive nothing
No, I don't think so. Usually the only things that slows them down is: trouble validating history, a lot of travel history, another person with the same name is found, if adverse information is found, asylum seekers and refugee claims, etc. Location doesn't usually matter, provided the country on the other side is cooperative.

Reactions: sylvain1

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
No, I don't think so. Usually the only things that slows them down is: trouble validating history, a lot of travel history, another person with the same name is found, if adverse information is found, asylum seekers and refugee claims, etc. Location doesn't usually matter, provided the country on the other side is cooperative.
Hello Profiler,
What do you mean by adverse information from asylum seekers and refugee claims? Is that why my husbands background check is taking months! its been since June 27th! lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Profiler,
What do you mean by adverse information from asylum seekers and refugee claims? Is that why my husbands background check is taking months! its been since June 27th! lol
You read that wrong (or I typed it wrong).

Those are SEPARATE items in the list. Stated another way:
- Adverse information is found
- Asylum seekers
- Refugee claims

BG and Security checks can take 3-6 months. Usually they are started earlier in the process...

Sep 12, 2017
Hi all! Have some questions about my inland common law application. I applied on June 2016(cic received file on 22nd of June), got a request of additional document for IMM 5406 and medical exam on Feb 2017.
But the they send an email next day saying that I don't need to take a medical exam and just disregard the previous requests( just for medical) and weird thing is that I didn't do the upfront when I submit the file.
On april 2017, I got another request of police certificate and July 2017, I got an email saying I passed the Eligibility and next step will be security and background check. Still no update afterward. Does anyone ever got the email like that??Also I still don't understand why I don't need any medical exam, is there any chance they gonna ask me to do the medical later? It's been 15months and I'm getting tired of the processing :'(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all! Have some questions about my inland common law application. I applied on June 2016(cic received file on 22nd of June), got a request of additional document for IMM 5406 and medical exam on Feb 2017.
But the they send an email next day saying that I don't need to take a medical exam and just disregard the previous requests( just for medical) and weird thing is that I didn't do the upfront when I submit the file.
On april 2017, I got another request of police certificate and July 2017, I got an email saying I passed the Eligibility and next step will be security and background check. Still no update afterward. Does anyone ever got the email like that??Also I still don't understand why I don't need any medical exam, is there any chance they gonna ask me to do the medical later? It's been 15months and I'm getting tired of the processing :'(
Did you submit the medical upfront (with your application)?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
No I didn't. I speculate that I've been Canada almost like 4 years and couple years ago when I extend my study permit, I did a medical exam and they still have my history so they don't need it. Is it possible?
Not likely. Permits are valid for 1 year. They can extend the validity, but not usually past the second year. If it's been less than 2 years, then it's possible.