Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
any new AIP/SA DM recently? for may 2016 Applicants here.

my medical passed updated on my cic last may 26, 2017.

still waiting.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
hi all,

Greetings! It seems a lot of experts in this thread; thus, I would like to ask some of my doubts to get clarification.

Brief details about my issue:
I am about to get PR but my wife name in an application as a non-accompanying member. However, during my PR process, she also went through medical and PCC as requested by CIC. My plan is to bring her with me through visitor visa when I land and then apply PR through spousal sponsorship category. She currently works in a different country than her nationality. Well, when I land I will get regular income ( not more than 2300CA$ per month) for next 2 years from another country. In addition, I can also work in Canada. It is worthwhile to mention that I have enough bank balance to prove my financial status. We both are Ph.D. degree holders from an English speaking country universities, so academically and financially have positive point.

My questions are:

Is it a problem to bring her through visitor visa during my landing?

Is it a problem to get a visitor visa for a spouse when the husband is a PR?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hi all,

Greetings! It seems a lot of experts in this thread; thus, I would like to ask some of my doubts to get clarification.

Brief details about my issue:
I am about to get PR but my wife name in an application as a non-accompanying member. However, during my PR process, she also went through medical and PCC as requested by CIC. My plan is to bring her with me through visitor visa when I land and then apply PR through spousal sponsorship category. She currently works in a different country than her nationality. Well, when I land I will get regular income ( not more than 2300CA$ per month) for next 2 years from another country. In addition, I can also work in Canada. It is worthwhile to mention that I have enough bank balance to prove my financial status. We both are Ph.D. degree holders from an English speaking country universities, so academically and financially have positive point.

My questions are:

Is it a problem to bring her through visitor visa during my landing?

Is it a problem to get a visitor visa for a spouse when the husband is a PR?

Thank you in advance.
Why not immediately switch her to accompanying? Save the money of a new application, and she can enter Canada once she has her COPR whenever she wants...

She can collect her PR as long as the medical is valid. So waiting a few months is ok usually...

Anyway, there could be an issue with a visitor visa, as they may wonder about her overstaying or what would draw her to leave with you here..

You may want to check into the thread which has more people in your situation (PNP, etc).

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi Guys,

I have a question about my Inland PR application and hopefully someone can answer..

My application was received by CIC on May 8th, 2016. Application was sent when I had no status so I am just sitting here and wait...

My question is that I have done my medical on May 26th,2016 so it's been over a year now. However, when I logged into Mycic(I linked my application), it said that I did pass medical.

Should I still re-do my medical as it's been a year? I really don't want anything to slow down my application...

Thank you
No need. As you passed it already! May applicant here too.. they're still in April so hopefully they get to us soon.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Over 13 months... No medical exam request, no AIP, SA, no nothing. Our application can't be done very soon (people here talk 13.5month) because doesn't medical exam take some time to do and they to process.
It can be processed within a couple days and there are those who get a decision made couple days after medical also.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Over 13 months... No medical exam request, no AIP, SA, no nothing. Our application can't be done very soon (people here talk 13.5month) because doesn't medical exam take some time to do and they to process.
yes and under old system it took us 17 months for everything plus my husband inland landing at cic e

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Congratulations Maria, given a July, 16 one, that was quick. Cheers. Still waiting for June 01 :(
Thanks a lot, Sam. I believe it was a fortunate combination of luck, solid research before submitting the app and a high compatibility in regards to the age and cultural background between my husband and I , also a lot of time spent together before me moving here.
May this week bring all of you guys a DM in your ECAS :)

Reactions: carolbb23

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks a lot, Sam. I believe it was a fortunate combination of luck, solid research before submitting the app and a high compatibility in regards to the age and cultural background between my husband and I , also a lot of time spent together before me moving here.
May this week bring all of you guys a DM in your ECAS :)
Clearly, congrats are in order, of course. You're landing next week! Don't do what my wife did -- don't get all worked up about "going to the immigration office". And probably not a good idea to laugh when they start asking the questions we know they will ask :).

Most importantly, enjoy that time, as once you have that COPR, really, only a judge can take it from you!

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Clearly, congrats are in order, of course. You're landing next week! Don't do what my wife did -- don't get all worked up about "going to the immigration office". And probably not a good idea to laugh when they start asking the questions we know they will ask :).

Most importantly, enjoy that time, as once you have that COPR, really, only a judge can take it from you!
Speaking about COPR... it stands for conditional PR, right? But since condition 51 is waived, what are the other "conditions" you have to meet?
And yeah, I am a lil nervous about meeting in person immigration officers... and also about how my pictures that I have to bring in will look like - scared squirrel -

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Speaking about COPR... it stands for conditional PR, right? But since condition 51 is waived, what are the other "conditions" you have to meet?
And yeah, I am a lil nervous about meeting in person immigration officers... and also about how my pictures that I have to bring in will look like - scared squirrel -
COPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh. Ops. Okay, I get it now. Thank you :)
COPR is the sacred document that you cannot ever lose. They tell you not to lose it, spill coffee on it, laminate it, nothing.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
COPR is the sacred document that you cannot ever lose. They tell you not to lose it, spill coffee on it, laminate it, nothing.
yes, they told us even if you get citizenship in the future, you should keep your COPR and CSQ for the rest of your life.

Reactions: carolbb23

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LMAO!

My wife did hers twice, and still hated them. She opted to use the first set she had done. I did tell her, and I will tell you, it's for government ID only. Only the CBSA will see those...