+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

USERDLM

Nov 21, 2016
Hi all,

Just wanted provide some information from my own experience getting Outland PR landing interview at the Etobicoke office in Toronto. Just as a preface I wanna say that this was only our experience, it may not be relevant to your specific situation and requirements from the CIC, you should carefully read the documents you get from the CIC for your own application as well as any information on the CIC website.

Some time frame stuff about the application:

I applied in late November 2016 outland spousal sponsorship.

I received an email in late April 2017 saying that the CIC were in the final stages of processing my application and they asked me to send two photos, a photocopy of my passport, and a signed form with my mailing address, as well as a pre-paid Xpress post envelope (without any address written on it) into the CIC at Ottawa. I sent it via express post (they do not accept courier as it's a PO box) and it got to Ottawa the next day.

The pre-paid Xpress post envelope arrived back within a week with my confirmation of PR document and letter.

The letter said I had to confirm my PR through a landing interview or at the border. I called the number on the letter to book a landing interview and was on hold for about 20 minutes. I believe its a toll free call. The person on the phone said I would get a phone call or email from the nearest CIC office to book a landing appointment.

I got the email maybe a week later and the appointment was in two weeks at the Etobicoke office in Toronto. I had mentally prepared myself to go to the Niagara falls border because I had heard the meetings at the CIC were hard to book, but the meeting was quite easy to book.

The appointment was from anytime between 1-3pm and we arrived about ten minutes before 1pm. The guy at the front desk ticked my name off a list and gave me a number. I think I was about the eighth ticket but they hadn't started to count the ticket numbers down yet. At 1pm they started going through the ticket numbers.

My advice is to go a little early, since the person at the front desk gave me a ticket before the start time of 1pm. So you could try to go early and get one of the first tickets they call. We didn't have to wait long and the entire thing was about an hour from start to finish.

When we were called I showed the documents that I had to bring, I had also taken the receipt in to show that I had paid everything up front but they didn't ask for it. When on the phone to the CIC when I was booking the appointment the guy told me to bring everything you can just in case, including proof of address of my sponsor, and that's what we did (obviously you need to bring whatever the letter asks you to bring so please read the CIC info). You don't want to get turned away and made to book another appointment.

The woman was really friendly, she asked questions to my sponsor asking if they were willing to sponsor me, and to be financially responsible for me while I was in the country. Then she asked some questions of me, things confirming that I was married, asking if I had a criminal record/trouble with the police in Canada or overseas, if I had children/dependents in Canada or overseas. Those types of questions. She then asked me to sign and initial at a few spots on the document and she signed and confirmed my PR. She asked what photo I would like to use for my PR card (I had to bring another two passport photos to the appointment). She gave me a list of PR rights, and asked if I wanted to update my social insurance number with the Service Ontario representatives that were at the next window over. We said yes and I suggest definitely doing this, it didn't take very long at all, it only added maybe an extra ten minutes to the process. It was very convenient to be able to get that done there. Then you are told to update your social insurance number with your work and bank and other relevant businesses.

OK, I am pretty sure that was it. Obviously, the above is not detailed and I'm only going from memory so please don't take it anything written above as a guarantee - this was only the way we did it and you should read the documents you get from the CIC for your own application and any official information on the CIC website .

Thanks and good luck everyone!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hi all,

Just wanted provide some information from my own experience getting Outland PR landing interview at the Etobicoke office in Toronto. Just as a preface I wanna say that this was only our experience, it may not be relevant to your specific situation and requirements from the CIC, you should carefully read the documents you get from the CIC for your own application as well as any information on the CIC website.

I received an email in late April 2017 saying that the CIC were in the final stages of processing my application and they asked me to send two photos, a photocopy of my passport, and a signed form with my mailing address, as well as a pre-paid Xpress post envelope (without any address written on it) into the CIC at Ottawa. I sent it via express post (they do not accept courier as it's a PO box) and it got to Ottawa the next day.

The pre-paid Xpress post envelope arrived back within a week with my confirmation of PR document and letter.

The letter said I had to confirm my PR through a landing interview or at the border. I called the number on the letter to book a landing interview and was on hold for about 20 minutes. I believe its a toll free call. The person on the phone said I would get a phone call or email from the nearest CIC office to book a landing appointment.

I got the email maybe a week later and the appointment was in two weeks at the Etobicoke office in Toronto. I had mentally prepared myself to go to the Niagara falls border because I had heard the meetings at the CIC were hard to book, but the meeting was quite easy to book.

The appointment was from anytime between 1-3pm and we arrived about ten minutes before 1pm. The guy at the front desk ticked my name off a list and gave me a number. I think I was about the eighth ticket but they hadn't started to count the ticket numbers down yet. At 1pm they started going through the ticket numbers.

My advice is to go a little early, since the person at the front desk gave me a ticket before the start time of 1pm. So you could try to go early and get one of the first tickets they call. We didn't have to wait long and the entire thing was about an hour from start to finish.

When we were called I showed the documents that I had to bring, I had also taken the receipt in to show that I had paid everything up front but they didn't ask for it. When on the phone to the CIC when I was booking the appointment the guy told me to bring everything you can just in case, including proof of address of my sponsor, and that's what we did (obviously you need to bring whatever the letter asks you to bring so please read the CIC info). You don't want to get turned away and made to book another appointment.

The woman was really friendly, she asked questions to my sponsor asking if they were willing to sponsor me, and to be financially responsible for me while I was in the country. Then she asked some questions of me, things confirming that I was married, asking if I had a criminal record/trouble with the police in Canada or overseas, if I had children/dependents in Canada or overseas. Those types of questions. She then asked me to sign and initial at a few spots on the document and she signed and confirmed my PR. She asked what photo I would like to use for my PR card (I had to bring another two passport photos to the appointment). She gave me a list of PR rights, and asked if I wanted to update my social insurance number with the Service Ontario representatives that were at the next window over. We said yes and I suggest definitely doing this, it didn't take very long at all, it only added maybe an extra ten minutes to the process. It was very convenient to be able to get that done there. Then you are told to update your social insurance number with your work and bank and other relevant businesses.

OK, I am pretty sure that was it. Obviously, the above is not detailed and I'm only going from memory so please don't take it anything written above as a guarantee - this was only the way we did it and you should read the documents you get from the CIC for your own application and any official information on the CIC website .

Congratulations mu husband had his landing interview at CIC Etobicoke on April 28 2017 we are done too

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi all,

Quite detailed. Congratulations though!

Abdus slam

May 27, 2017
Hi all,
My wife applied my case mid of november 2016...status shows in process ...there is no update about my case ...what is happening now..how can i know when they mail me for PPR

Abdus slam

May 27, 2017
How u contact them...my application filed in novmber 2016...can i contact them ...is it possible
Hello, I contacted immigration on May 26, 2017 regarding my spouse current application statues and they said right now immigration is checking my legibility as a sponsor to see if I qualify to be a sponsor, and I asked immigration what does that mean? and they said they would be checking my criminal record etc....but I feel worry for some reason. How long can it take for immigration to contact me ? has anyone being in a similar situation.??? How long did it take you to get a letter from immigration saying you qualify as a sponsor ??? right now immigration has everything and all my husband is information and he did his medical report on February 1, 2017 and we sent the sponsor application on July 1, 2016 so it will be almost a since we sent the application . i am assuming my husband is test results from his medical went well since immigration didn't contact us anymore regarding any issues with his medical exams..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all,
My wife applied my case mid of november 2016...status shows in process ...there is no update about my case ...what is happening now..how can i know when they mail me for PPR
PPR (Passport Request) doesn't happen for inland applications. You bring the passport to inland CIC office on landing day to collect your COPR.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello, I contacted immigration on May 26, 2017 regarding my spouse current application statues and they said right now immigration is checking my legibility as a sponsor to see if I qualify to be a sponsor, and I asked immigration what does that mean? and they said they would be checking my criminal record etc....but I feel worry for some reason. How long can it take for immigration to contact me ? has anyone being in a similar situation.??? How long did it take you to get a letter from immigration saying you qualify as a sponsor ??? right now immigration has everything and all my husband is information and he did his medical report on February 1, 2017 and we sent the sponsor application on July 1, 2016 so it will be almost a since we sent the application . i am assuming my husband is test results from his medical went well since immigration didn't contact us anymore regarding any issues with his medical exams..
I didn't receive my SA until 12.5 months from when we applied. That said, you are applying in 2017, so the process is different. I don't think you are near the worry stage yet...

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
The street name is correct... though it's #1.

And it's Cambridge, not K-town. But common mistake :).

I was born in the Generation X era (< 1980). So that must be ...

wait... 867-5309... JENNY!!!!

LOL.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
We were both very happy, not stressed, but quite excited. We're used to wake-up early, but we were awake at 5:00, the appointment was only at 10:00!
We arrived at the building at 9h35-40, they let us in. Then we had some waiting before talking to someone at the reception desk. On our letter, the appointment was at 10:00, but on their list we were at 10:20. They told us, you're early and they will likely call you only at 10:20, do you prefer to go out for a coffee and come back later? We told her, aaaaah no, we will wait here. We sat and they called us 1-2 minutes before 10:00. I think at 10:05 we were out with the COPR.
They took you early. That was nice of them. The Sylvains are now done....next step citizenship.

Reactions: sylvain1

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Uhm...

A letter always contains a return address and a name. If it doesn't, it's really not a letter, right?

Then its a note.....LMAO.

Reactions: carolbb23

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

dprince20

Apr 28, 2016
Any November 2016 inland applicant with DM yet?; recieved pcc request from cic but ecas still remains application received is this normal?

miranda21

May 19, 2017
Hi,

Need guidance.We have been requested to provide proof of cohabitation.Can anyone please guide what all documents can we send to them for that.Also should we be scared that something might be wrong with our application that they have asked for this proof.Please help.

Hi there i received a letter similar to that and also asking for a ceremony as we did not have one. Well to prove cohabitation you have to include joint bills for a year i am guessing, joint insurance policies, copies of government issued letters such as IDs also, joint lease. I hope that helps :)

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Got my landing appointment letter today from Etobicoke.
Tried all morning to get to a humanly-like voice at CIC to clarify what 08/06/2017 mean: August or June. No success so far.
Seems a lil odd to be scheduled in August...

Reactions: Sam8119

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.