AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
They're still working on April, so no surprises here. Try logging in as your sponsor. Then you can see both application statuses.

It will depend on your location. Some offices are generally faster than others. Example: my wife landed a week after DM at Kitchener.

Etobicoke or Montreal are inundated with Refugee claims and IRB hearings. So they take longer sometimes to schedule landings. Up to 8 weeks or more.

Of course there is always outliers. So it's impossible for anyone to say when. But assuming you're close to a local office that's not busy, it could be quick.
A couple more questions:

1) Is the "landing" where you show up for the interview? That's the sense I'm getting. I used to think it meant you drove over the border and went thru customs....

2) Does the landing happen in the province where you're intending to live? If so for me that is Nova Scotia!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
That's pretty smart!.. opportunities. Hard to make the decision for you though.. I suppose its what you really want in the end. I moved to Canada without any family whatsoever.. because I knew it was better. Not much of a fan of the U.S for living but everyone's different.
To be totally honest, I'm not a fan of the US either. The stark reality is, despite our differing approaches, we are still sibling states. Both are children to the British Empire. Though Canada benefitted from the French colonies to balance itself. So it's funny to watch geopolitics at work in North America. Very frequently the US charges head strong into a matter, but later seems to used the more tempered nature of Canada to compromise. It happens all the time...

So I much, much prefer Canada. I'm as Canadian as they come. Rooofs, eh, hockey, the works. I even made the wife come out to a pub today, to watch the IIHF replay, where Sweden bested Canada's shooters for a gold... She hated hockey...

Normally this would be an easy 'no'. Microsoft, Google, Intel, and friends have all lined up before. Occasionally they return. But this time, it's my retirement goal vs. my love of country. I'd like to have a cottage where I summer, etc. And at my present wage, it's not as reachable. That would almost be 1-2/3 my present. Given my current debt load, my mortgage is gone in a year..

You can see why I reached out for friends to help ground me...

I think I'll flirt, and see where it goes. A trip to Seattle isn't terrible. But once it costs more....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much my friend. I will move a head and have a recognized legal marriage in Canada as both of us are in Canada together and then move at the same house for a bit and then apply as married couple inland. hopefully this will work. Thank you again.
Even once you get the certificate of marriage, you should apply. If you're in the same house/residence. Married couples only have a few proofs they care a lot about...one is cohabitation. So live together, get DLs with the same address, etc.

Reactions: carolbb23 and fars

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
A couple more questions:

1) Is the "landing" where you show up for the interview? That's the sense I'm getting. I used to think it meant you drove over the border and went thru customs....

2) Does the landing happen in the province where you're intending to live? If so for me that is Nova Scotia!

A Bluenoser!

1 - inland interviews are either: relationship, QA, or landing. Landing is easy to pick out, because ECAS almost always says DM. You show up and ten min later you have a COPR.

Outland is where you have to cross at a port of entry.

2 - landing site is based on postal code. So, being a Bluenoser, that's going to be:

Halifax
1741 Brunswick Street, Suite B110
Halifax, NS
B3J 3X8

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
A Bluenoser!

1 - inland interviews are either: relationship, QA, or landing. Landing is easy to pick out, because ECAS almost always says DM. You show up and ten min later you have a COPR.

Outland is where you have to cross at a port of entry.

2 - landing site is based on postal code. So, being a Bluenoser, that's going to be:

Halifax
1741 Brunswick Street, Suite B110
Halifax, NS
B3J 3X8

Great info! Thank you. I live in the Southwestern part of the province (Tusket) but was in Halifax this weekend. Such an awesome city! AND...the bluenoser marathon was happening, which was pretty cool.

When I get the COPR, would I take that and cross the border to re-enter and become a permanent resident?

fars

Mar 29, 2017
Even once you get the certificate of marriage, you should apply. If you're in the same house/residence. Married couples only have a few proofs they care a lot about...one is cohabitation. So live together, get DLs with the same address, etc.
I will do so. But I should not worry about the proxy marriage that happened before My Landing meaning, not declaring the relationship. there is no legal problem as this will not be considered a misrepresentation; Am I right? this is the last question. Thank you, you were of great help .

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Great info! Thank you. I live in the Southwestern part of the province (Tusket) but was in Halifax this weekend. Such an awesome city! AND...the bluenoser marathon was happening, which was pretty cool.

When I get the COPR, would I take that and cross the border to re-enter and become a permanent resident?
Nope. They execute it with you at Halifax. Once handed to you, you're landed -- all done.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I will do so. But I should not worry about the proxy marriage that happened before My Landing meaning, not declaring the relationship. there is no legal problem as this will not be considered a misrepresentation; Am I right? this is the last question. Thank you, you were of great help .
I'll answer with a question:
How can it be misrepresentation, if it's not recognized, you didn't have 12 continuous months living together before you landed? Absolutely mention it in your new case, but as I said, explain that you felt you acted in accordance to the laws. She was not (yet) a member of the family class.

You are only required to declare dependant members of the family class.

Reactions: fars

fars

Mar 29, 2017
I'll answer with a question:
How can it be misrepresentation, if it's not recognized, you didn't have 12 continuous months living together before you landed? Absolutely mention it in your new case, but as I said, explain that you felt you acted in accordance to the laws. She was not (yet) a member of the family class.

You are only required to declare dependant members of the family class.
Thank you so much. This is a relief. I really appreciate your answers and your help. :)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
To be totally honest, I'm not a fan of the US either. The stark reality is, despite our differing approaches, we are still sibling states. Both are children to the British Empire. Though Canada benefitted from the French colonies to balance itself. So it's funny to watch geopolitics at work in North America. Very frequently the US charges head strong into a matter, but later seems to used the more tempered nature of Canada to compromise. It happens all the time...

So I much, much prefer Canada. I'm as Canadian as they come. Rooofs, eh, hockey, the works. I even made the wife come out to a pub today, to watch the IIHF replay, where Sweden bested Canada's shooters for a gold... She hated hockey...

Normally this would be an easy 'no'. Microsoft, Google, Intel, and friends have all lined up before. Occasionally they return. But this time, it's my retirement goal vs. my love of country. I'd like to have a cottage where I summer, etc. And at my present wage, it's not as reachable. That would almost be 1-2/3 my present. Given my current debt load, my mortgage is gone in a year..

You can see why I reached out for friends to help ground me...

I think I'll flirt, and see where it goes. A trip to Seattle isn't terrible. But once it costs more....
See if they let you go once a month the for meetings my aunt husband goes to NYC for meeting once a month

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Thank you so much. This is a relief. I really appreciate your answers and your help. :)
Profiler is awsome he's helps everyone and a good person

Reactions: fars and sylvain1

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
how many months i have to WAit for that interview thank you!
Depends on where you're located. As profiler said, Etobicoke and Montreal are the busiest and looking at 6-8 weeks on average. Could be longer but hard to say.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You bet. Best of luck!

Reactions: carolbb23

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015