IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
guys, usually how many days your medical exam result? updated on your cic account.
Generally speaking, if they requested it, they are waiting for it. For us it was two days after the doctor filed the eMedical.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Guys,

I have a question and hopefully somebody will manage helping me out. I have got my PR recently as a single applicant.

I had a proxy verbal marriage that was not documented and stayed with my spouse for 9 Months before I got my PR which was not enough to add her as a common in law. So, I have a few questions about that:

1- will not declaring that proxy verbal marriage cause any problem in the future if I apply for sponsorship?
2- when can I actually get married after getting my PR?
3- should I mention that we were together for that period of time or not?

I am so worried about that, however, we are not married legally, and we did not stay together for more than 9 months.

Thank you so much for your help.
1 - proxy marriages are not recognized.

2 - you can marry at any time in or out of process. Assuming you meet the legal requirements to do so.

3 - I would. Make sure you clearly explain why she wasn't mentioned. Eg: it was a proxy wedding, and your knowledge they are not recognized in Canada, and you'd not been cohabitating for one year before your PR was finalized. So you believed you were acting in accordance with the law. In that she wasn't yet a member of the Family Class.

If it was mine, that's what I would do. I would definately argue that you'd be better admitting the relation now with reasonable reasons why it wasn't mentioned. Also it will allow you to add evidence from that time...

Reactions: fars

fars

Mar 29, 2017
1 - proxy marriages are not recognized.

2 - you can marry at any time in or out of process. Assuming you meet the legal requirements to do so.

3 - I would. Make sure you clearly explain why she wasn't mentioned. Eg: it was a proxy wedding, and your knowledge they are not recognized in Canada, and you'd not been cohabitating for one year before your PR was finalized. So you believed you were acting in accordance with the law. In that she wasn't yet a member of the Family Class.

If it was mine, that's what I would do. I would definately argue that you'd be better admitting the relation now with reasonable reasons why it wasn't mentioned. Also it will allow you to add evidence from that time...

Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it. The problem is that I can not prove even the proxy marriage as It was just a verbal with a few witnesses that was not actually documented. The documentation of the marriage happened a month after receiving my PR. We did not even have a ceremony or a wedding party, we are supposed to have it very soon.

The other thing is she has a different address than the one I have and she receives all of her mails toward it and all the legal documents. She goes there from time to time as we do not always live together which will lead me to the second question; which address she should mention in her application: the one she receives all her mails on or mine the one she has no evidence whatsoever for?

I know this is a tough one, but I do not want to raise any suspicion about the application.

She will actually be qualified to apply for her own without sponsorship within a year or so, should we wait till she gets qualified just in case, or our case is actually safe and nothing will happen as we were not legally married or in a common in law relationship?

Thank you so much in advanced. I really appreciate your help.

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Good morning,

I'm still playing the waiting game like many of you. I logged onto the CIC site and the only two status updates I see are:

• My app was received on May 15th, 2016
  • Medical Results have been received
Once the decision has been made, how long does it take to get the interview scheduled and land? I'm unsure of the time frame . Thanks!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Good morning,

I'm still playing the waiting game like many of you. I logged onto the CIC site and the only two status updates I see are:
Once the decision has been made, how long does it take to get the interview scheduled and land? I'm unsure of the time frame . Thanks!

me ,profiler and few people are done with the proccess

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it. The problem is that I can not prove even the proxy marriage as It was just a verbal with a few witnesses that was not actually documented. The documentation of the marriage happened a month after receiving my PR. We did not even have a ceremony or a wedding party, we are supposed to have it very soon.

The other thing is she has a different address than the one I have and she receives all of her mails toward it and all the legal documents. She goes there from time to time as we do not always live together which will lead me to the second question; which address she should mention in her application: the one she receives all her mails on or mine the one she has no evidence whatsoever for?

I know this is a tough one, but I do not want to raise any suspicion about the application.

She will actually be qualified to apply for her own without sponsorship within a year or so, should we wait till she gets qualified just in case, or our case is actually safe and nothing will happen as we were not legally married or in a common in law relationship?

Thank you so much in advanced. I really appreciate your help.
You won't need to prove the proxy wedding. As they don't recognize it, it totally won't matter. But it can be used in verse to go to explaining why you lived together, and why she wasn't listed as a dependent. If you mention it, you don't have anything to worry about later. If you fail to disclose, they would be far more suspicious.

If you're not living together... that's a problem. You must be able to prove you've cohabitated at the same address. How will you be able to do that? Since the In Canada class is for people who live together, you'd have to use the address you share.

If you're unable to share the address, then you may want to have a recognized wedding ceremony, then apply Outland. They will accept the different address then.

Reactions: fars

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good morning,

They're still working on April, so no surprises here. Try logging in as your sponsor. Then you can see both application statuses.

It will depend on your location. Some offices are generally faster than others. Example: my wife landed a week after DM at Kitchener.

Etobicoke or Montreal are inundated with Refugee claims and IRB hearings. So they take longer sometimes to schedule landings. Up to 8 weeks or more.

Of course there is always outliers. So it's impossible for anyone to say when. But assuming you're close to a local office that's not busy, it could be quick.

TempestD

Jan 28, 2014
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-10-016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
08-12-2017
:rolleyes:Houston, we have landed !

It went went pretty well.
We were in the building by 9:40am and out by 9:50 (ahead of my 10am schedule)

Walked in and was greeted by a lovely lady with a big smile.
She took Mr 's passport and receipt and told us to have a seat

We were (he was) called up, asked to verify if the information printed on the COPR was correct.

Now questions....2. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in or outside of Canada. NO?..ok initial,here.....
Have you any dependent. NOPE, ok initial,here

He signed the bottom of the sheet, the officer stamped and signed and that was that...we were done

We were told that we needed to wait until Tuesday to apply for a perm SIN
The health card we took care of today

Then we went to Ye's sushi and I had a food coma

They didn't check my ID, and I honestly forgot to offer it up also. They didn't check anything else at all ...just receipt and his PP *keep in mind that this may not be the case for all offices*

Such a calm ending to it all...now we wait for the card in the mail which should be around 8 weeks according to them.

Kitch office is fantastic, all of the staff I interacted with were fantastic! As suspected, inlanders land on Fridays. :cool:

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
I AM INLAND..
MArch 2016 Applicant here...
Great news! no passport request.. simply bring the information they request to the interview. Congrats!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
So in my last rant, I told them that I am not at all interested in the political climate. Also the health insurance I enjoy is not possible or would be very costly in the US...

Personally, I was born in Milton. Lived within 30mins west of Toronto's shadow for my whole life. My family is here...

However..

They have now 3 offices in Toronto... I do wonder if I can twist that into a deal...

They've flirted with me at least a dozen times in 6 yrs...
That's pretty smart!.. opportunities. Hard to make the decision for you though.. I suppose its what you really want in the end. I moved to Canada without any family whatsoever.. because I knew it was better. Not much of a fan of the U.S for living but everyone's different.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
They're still working on April, so no surprises here. Try logging in as your sponsor. Then you can see both application statuses.

It will depend on your location. Some offices are generally faster than others. Example: my wife landed a week after DM at Kitchener.

Etobicoke or Montreal are inundated with Refugee claims and IRB hearings. So they take longer sometimes to schedule landings. Up to 8 weeks or more.

Of course there is always outliers. So it's impossible for anyone to say when. But assuming you're close to a local office that's not busy, it could be quick.
Thank you for that tip! I logged in as my husband and can see different details. They started processing his application on June 7th 2016!

fars

Mar 29, 2017
You won't need to prove the proxy wedding. As they don't recognize it, it totally won't matter. But it can be used in verse to go to explaining why you lived together, and why she wasn't listed as a dependent. If you mention it, you don't have anything to worry about later. If you fail to disclose, they would be far more suspicious.

If you're not living together... that's a problem. You must be able to prove you've cohabitated at the same address. How will you be able to do that? Since the In Canada class is for people who live together, you'd have to use the address you share.

If you're unable to share the address, then you may want to have a recognized wedding ceremony, then apply Outland. They will accept the different address then.

Thank you so much my friend. I will move a head and have a recognized legal marriage in Canada as both of us are in Canada together and then move at the same house for a bit and then apply as married couple inland. hopefully this will work. Thank you again.