Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Momo0630 said:
I pray, m just getting tired of the whole process
Trust me. I felt as you do right now all the way up until 9:29 this morning. My wife (the PA) could care less. She keeps telling me to relax. She lives a totally normal life. I am the one trying to fix this up, because I know her family at home misses her. She wants to go visit...

You have to trust me. I know how you feel. Check the last 50 pages of this thread. You will see :). But it's coming!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
is she starting her journey
Yes. Submitted, but no Sched. A or PCC request.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Trust me. I felt as you do right now all the way up until 9:29 this morning. My wife (the PA) could care less. She keeps telling me to relax. She lives a totally normal life. I am the one trying to fix this up, because I know her family at home misses her. She wants to go visit...

You have to trust me. I know how you feel. Check the last 50 pages of this thread. You will see :). But it's coming!

i know that feeling and when you get that good news the weight is lifted and happy tears I am very happy for you profiler

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Yes. Submitted, but no Sched. A or PCC request.

that takeš time

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
jnt2017 said:
Hello!

I've found this Forum so incredibly useful, but still have a few questions. Apologies if they've been asked and answered already!

I'm making the Application to Sponsor my husband for his PR, and he's simultaneously making the Application for the OWP. We've been married almost 11 months, but have no children yet. I'm currently in Toronto having moved here three weeks ago and have been looking for a job, but haven't yet found one. He'll be coming up for good at the end of May, at which point we'll submit the Applications. I'm therefore in the process of preparing the Application Package, and was concerned about the following:

- We lived together and had a joint lease in Jamaica, but our plan is to stay with friends in Canada until we're both employed and can get a place of our own. We therefore don't have (and won't have for a while) a joint lease or purchase agreement. In addition, since I'm currently staying with friends we also don't have any joint utilities bills. Since I don't have a job yet I also don't have any benefits which list him as a dependent or beneficiary, but I was listed as his Dependent on his health insurance in Jamaica.
- I have an Ontario Photo Card but no Driver's Licence (yet), and when he gets here he won't have any Canadian ID at all. He will go through the process of getting his DL, but I'm not sure how long that will take. Our Jamaican Driver's Licences have the same Jamaican address on it, but of course...since he won't have any Canadian ID yet we don't have any documents with both our names and current addresses on it.
- I've opened a bank account but he is not listed as a joint account holder (yet). I've e-mailed my Bank Rep to see how difficult it would be to add him, so that if anything we can use that as a form of evidence.

With all of that said, how can we satisfy CIC that we are in fact living together, in circumstances where we don't yet have our own place? Should I submit the Jamaican evidence anyway? If we submit the Application and they ask for further proof later down the line, I am thinking that we may be in a position to provide it at that stage since we'll be more settled. However, I really don't want to submit an incomplete Application and cause any delays. Should I see whether it's possible to have my friend put one of the utilities into our names, considering that we are making a financial contribution while staying with her?

I'm not overly concerned about proving that our relationship is genuine, as we've been together for over four years and have numerous pictures over the years. Our wedding was also a big one and we did pre and post wedding shoots and had a honeymoon. We can even get statutory declarations if necessary. So my main concern is regarding the proof of living together in Canada.

I'd greatly appreciate any comments or feedback which anyone can provide!

Thanks ;D
You are both applying for the OWP + PR :). That said, when he gets here, add him to your lease and to your bank account. From what I recall, that should satisfy that requirement for now? Or do you need 3 pieces of cohabitation proof?

Stat Decl's are equivalent to sworn testimony in a court of law. One or two of those is pretty strong evidence...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
You must attend the interview with the following:  All of your dependents if they are included in this application  Your own interpreter, if required  Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal Class. (NOTE: your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address)  If you have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, $490 is required. (NOTE: Convention refugees (CR) and their dependants are exempted from paying this fee.) The following payment options are available: o Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Debit Card (we do not accept pre-paid credit cards) o Online payment at www.cic.gc.ca (only if completed 72 hours before your scheduled appointment) o We no longer accept cash, money

does it say that it's part of the landing letter we have landing April 28 you may 5 I am so happy for you
It was worded close to the same. and a big long "Don't wear perfume" at the bottom.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
It was worded close to the same. and a big long "Don't wear perfume" at the bottom.

lol come on really something about conventing refugee I suggest you do her.pics soon we did Mr pics on Saturday

jnt2017

Apr 26, 2017
Thanks so much for the reply :).

Yes, WE are applying for the OWP + PR lol. We need two pieces of proof..but we don't have a lease, which is the main problem, as we weren't planning on actually renting a place until we're both employed. Therefore we won't have a lease at the time when we wanted to submit the Application. The friend I'm staying with (who he will also be staying with once he gets here) has been gracious enough to allow us to stay as long as we need to while we sort our work situation out. I'm on the job hunt, but he obviously won't be able to work until the OWP is issued.

profiler said:
You are both applying for the OWP + PR :). That said, when he gets here, add him to your lease and to your bank account. From what I recall, that should satisfy that requirement for now? Or do you need 3 pieces of cohabitation proof?

Stat Decl's are equivalent to sworn testimony in a court of law. One or two of those is pretty strong evidence...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
lol come on really something about conventing refugee I suggest you do her.pics soon we did Mr pics on Saturday
Our local wal-mart does them same day right away.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Our local wal-mart does them same day right away.

i know but we did it last Saturday cause he gets home at 6:30 and he's too tired we paid 15

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
jnt2017 said:
Thanks so much for the reply :).

Yes, WE are applying for the OWP + PR lol. We need two pieces of proof..but we don't have a lease, which is the main problem, as we weren't planning on actually renting a place until we're both employed. Therefore we won't have a lease at the time when we wanted to submit the Application. The friend I'm staying with (who he will also be staying with once he gets here) has been gracious enough to allow us to stay as long as we need to while we sort our work situation out. I'm on the job hunt, but he obviously won't be able to work until the OWP is issued.
Friend Stat Decl + Joint Bank Account. Done.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Wife came home and started her little happy dance.. "I'm going home in August... I'm going home in August"

Because our guesses for DM/Landing are dead centre, we are going to do two things, and split the cost...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
jnt2017 said:
Alrighty, thanks a lot!
10-4. Not knowing the entire situation, that is the best possible solution. If you send me more details (in PM if you wish), then I might be able to help more. Both those should be easy to acquire.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Wife came home and started her little happy dance.. "I'm going home in August... I'm going home in August"

Because our guesses for DM/Landing are dead centre, we are going to do two things, and split the cost...

that great now you gotta get your Russia wisa