+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
simpsol22 said:
It will be alive soon...they are still working December 2015. Did you get a request to redo your medical? When did you first do yours?
end of January 2016 we did the first medical. (just a day or so before actually mailing in the application)
then we got a letter requesting the medical about a week ago. We phoned CIC and they said that they dont have our medical on file. (the online system have been saying since June that the medical is under consideration..... go figure)
we decided not to argue and we are just redoing the meds.

This is not the first and likely not the last moronic request which we have to fulfill to complete this process.

Azzil

Apr 30, 2015
Anyone has any idea if the work permit will be issued within the 4 months period? My work permit expires in June, but My work is already asking me about it due to benefits purposes. I would like to know if this is true or I might face few months without a job. :( I'm in my dream job and it took me forever to get it so I'm really nervous that they are asking when will I provide the extension.

Please if anyone know enlighten me :) I need to feel better.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
zumbagirl said:
end of January 2016 we did the first medical. (just a day or so before actually mailing in the application)
then we got a letter requesting the medical about a week ago. We phoned CIC and they said that they dont have our medical on file. (the online system have been saying since June that the medical is under consideration..... go figure)

This is not the first and likely not the last moronic request which we have to fulfill to complete this process.
Oops!! i didn't notice who posted this and just noticed your name. sorry!!! I really do hope you hear something quickly after you submit the new ones. Usually doesn't take too long to review when it's been requested. I hope to see your news of landing very soon!!

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Azzil said:
Anyone has any idea if the work permit will be issued within the 4 months period? My work permit expires in June, but My work is already asking me about it due to benefits purposes. I would like to know if this is true or I might face few months without a job. :( I'm in my dream job and it took me forever to get it so I'm really nervous that they are asking when will I provide the extension.

Yes, they generally take 4 months...some a bit longer lately. as long as you made sure to sign all your documents and paid the full $255, you should see it around the 4 month mark. As long as your current work permit is not via IEC...you can continue working until a decision is made on the work permit.

Just show your receipt and this webpage to your employer...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17
You can also show a copy of your AOR (if you have one) to show they did get your PR app.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Azzil said:

I'm not familiar with the open work permit application (because we did not apply for that), but I read several times on different threads that it is the normal processing time. Meanwhile, if your current working permit expires in June, you could easily wait until May to apply for an extension. Just check from time to time the official processing time: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

It is currently 28 days if you apply online. Also, there is an "implied status" if you apply to renew your work permit before it expires, even if you don't get it on time.

So, what I mean is I don't see any reason for you to have to stop working. If you get your OWP before May, you are good. Otherwise, apply to extend your current work permit one month prior to expiration date.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
sylvain1 said:
I'm not familiar with the open work permit application (because we did not apply for that), but I read several times on different threads that it is the normal processing time. Meanwhile, if your current working permit expires in June, you could easily wait until May to apply for an extension. Just check from time to time the official processing time: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

It is currently 28 days if you apply online. Also, there is an "implied status" if you apply to renew your work permit before it expires, even if you don't get it on time.

So, what I mean is I don't see any reason for you to have to stop working. If you get your OWP before May, you are good. Otherwise, apply to extend your current work permit one month prior to expiration date.
Unfortunately, you cannot apply online for the Initial OWP. And they don't list the processing times for the Spousal OWP online.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
simpsol22 said:
Unfortunately, you cannot apply online for the Initial OWP. And they don't list the processing times for the Spousal OWP online.
No, I meant (from what I understood), that he already has a valid work permit expiring in June. He applied for an OWP, not sure when. What I am saying, is that if he did not receive the OWP in May, he should apply online to extend the one he currently holds.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
zumbagirl said:

we are still waiting same with gabrielhca and other people

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
simpsol22 said:
Oops!! i didn't notice who posted this and just noticed your name. sorry!!! I really do hope you hear something quickly after you submit the new ones. Usually doesn't take too long to review when it's been requested. I hope to see your news of landing very soon!!

thanks simpsol22, I am really getting tired of this immigration process. or maybe I just havent had enough sleep this weekend :)

Hopefully you are right and a few weeks after this second medical we will be getting some positive news.
ZumbaG

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
sylvain1 said:
No, I meant (from what I understood), that he already has a valid work permit expiring in June. He applied for an OWP, not sure when. What I am saying, is that if he did not receive the OWP in May, he should apply online to extend the one he currently holds.
If they already submitted the owp with a pr app, that's all they need to do. No need to extend current work permit is that is what they did by applying for owp. Owp app is called applicatiom to extend stay as worker.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Gabrielhca said:
lets wait one week at the time, :eek: 8)

fingers crossed this weekend we are off to Ottawa my cousin getting married nice break

Azzil

Apr 30, 2015
Hi! Just wanted to know if anyone is in the same spot as I am. Things have changed a lot since last year and I'm a bit confused as to how they are processing my application. I just noticed that I pass my medical (yay), They have not started to view my work permit, they are running a background check (thought that was after approval in principal?), review of submitted documents is blank, and they don't need an interview. My question is, are they assessing both of us at the same time now? Thanks :)

Ps. Thanks to everyone who replied on my work permit post! I feel much better :)

number1dan

Dec 12, 2016
Azzil said:
Hi! Just wanted to know if anyone is in the same spot as I am. Things have changed a lot since last year and I'm a bit confused as to how they are processing my application. I just noticed that I pass my medical (yay), They have not started to view my work permit, they are running a background check (thought that was after approval in principal?), review of submitted documents is blank, and they don't need an interview. My question is, are they assessing both of us at the same time now? Thanks :)

Ps. Thanks to everyone who replied on my work permit post! I feel much better :)
I seem to be in the same spot. Passed medical and background check in progress. I've seen other people post before that it stayed that way in MyCIC until Decision made or something. With regards to the work permit it just said open with everything not started until one day *poof* approved and closed.