Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bazi said:
Can I send the application while waiting for my PR card?
Well, as I do not know the rest of the information, I will give you the generic answer. No. From "Determine your eligibility – Sponsor your spouse, partner or children" ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp ):
"
Who is not eligible to sponsor
You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

did not meet the terms of a sponsorship agreement in the past,
did not pay alimony or child support even though a court ordered it,
get social assistance for reasons other than being disabled,
were convicted of
an offence of a sexual nature,
a violent crime,
an offence against a relative that resulted in bodily harm or
an attempt or threat to commit any such offences, depending on the details of the case, such as
the type of offence,
how long ago it occurred and
whether a record suspension was issued (see Sponsorship bar for violent crime below),
were sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner in the past and became a permanent resident of Canada less than five years ago (see Five-year sponsorship bar below)
did not pay back an immigration loan, made late payments or missed payments,
are in prison or
have declared bankruptcy which has yet to be discharged.
Other things not on this list may stop you from being able to sponsor a relative.

"

If I had more information, I might be able to help you. But given the context of this thread (family sponsorship) and it sounds like you have literally have landed in the last xx weeks, I would assume the answer is a no.

If the question is one of Identification -- sure why not. You have passport(s) and other identification so, if it's a matter of identification, sure.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@Bazi:
Future reference: You should include a little more about what you are trying to do and your status/how you came about that status. You'd get way more helpful answers. Also, cross-posting the same question within 10 minutes isn't really helpful for anyone.

For everyone else, Bazi is an EE Ontario nominee. From the history it appears that Bazi is attempting a reconciliation with an estranged common-law partner. They have a Canadian-born child from this relationship.

Ok, with that information, I believe you can submit your application, given that you have a UCI that CIC can track you with. You will also have a passport from your country of origin that you can use as ID and they can track you from that too.

That said, you do not meet the common-law spouse criteria. You (by admission) have been separated for 6 months from this partner. You will need to re-establish the relationship first to qualify.

Also, Rob_TO gave you the same details here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/common-law-separation-inquiry-t459555.0.html;msg5549501#msg5549501

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Interesting to note, that SJ (if they are forum member; congrats!) is showing a DM. That applicant got an AOR April 20, and a document request June 17.

Just before polarvolcano, and on the same day as matthars.

SJ was on my 'to stalk' list as an applicant with a document request on June 17th.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Guys, do we have to update CIC about our current work? employment details. and if we have to, how to do it? thank you.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
Guys, do we have to update CIC about our current work? employment details. and if we have to, how to do it? thank you.
No? Why would that matter? You can order the OWP and never use it if you want (though if they checked and saw you didn't claim a SIN, they might wonder why?).

Remember, only the sponsor's income and employment might be considered here. So, it doesn't matter to them if the PA is working or not.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
thanks profiler. Just wondering if might help because im working in the airport and applied for airport pass via transport canada and airport authority. security clearance!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
thanks profiler. Just wondering if might help because im working in the airport and applied for airport pass via transport canada and airport authority. security clearance!
Just as long as you don't get denied re-entry (airports are/have international zones, right?), you should be fine ;).

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
Interesting to note, that SJ (if they are forum member; congrats!) is showing a DM. That applicant got an AOR April 20, and a document request June 17.

Just before polarvolcano, and on the same day as matthars.

SJ was on my 'to stalk' list as an applicant with a document request on June 17th.
Hey, great news. I'm still holding out for the 'straight to landing interview' email. Getting an email about SA is going to be underwhelming at this point.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
Hey, great news. I'm still holding out for the 'straight to landing interview' email. Getting an email about SA is going to be underwhelming at this point.
EDIT: I will remove my rant here.

Some people are now reporting email 'clumping'. 2 notices same day from CIC (with SA or AIP, and others with AIP, DM, and a third case was DM and 'Hey come to Calgary two days ago').

badr2125

Nov 4, 2016
Today I seen in my online application that my application to sponsor my wife was started on November 1, 2016.
Is it a good news or it's just a normal process ?
FYI : I sent my application on September 21, 2016

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
badr2125 said:
Today I seen in my online application that my application to sponsor my wife was started on November 1, 2016.
Is it a good news or it's just a normal process ?
FYI : I sent my application on September 21, 2016
Looks like normal process. But your wife's application started sooner than ours did from submission date ;).

badr2125

Nov 4, 2016
profiler said:
Looks like normal process. But your wife's application started sooner than ours did from submission date ;).
Thank you very much Profiler for your fast answer. I hope to get the sponsorship approved little bit fast because my wife is not eligible for OWP unfortunately :'(

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
profiler said:
Just as long as you don't get denied re-entry (airports are/have international zones, right?), you should be fine ;).
hahaha i mean while doing their background check with inland application, it might help. thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
badr2125 said:
Thank you very much Profiler for your fast answer. I hope to get the sponsorship approved little bit fast because my wife is not eligible for OWP unfortunately :'(
No? Everyone qualifies for an OWP. Even out of status you can restore status (within 90 days) or apply for OWP at AIP.

That said, it's inland, so it is going to take months to get that far. We are March applicants here, and we have yes to see a stage change from CIC.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
hahaha i mean while doing their background check with inland application, it might help. thank you
Nah. BG is run by RCMP and CSIS inland. Unfortunately, they have their own process and timings with that -- though I do understand why you wanted to advise them...