+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

gto423

Jun 23, 2017
Hi everyone, I am June 3rd applicant. My husband got SA on June 19, and I got AIP on June 21. Does anyone here know the real reason why I got AIP? Is it just because my husband's eligibility has passed or because CIC actually looked at our application and thought our relationship is genius? and I do not need to provide additional documents to proof our cohabitation? thank you

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi guys

So as I posted earlier last month we were required to submit again Schedule A, Additional Family Information and Proof of Co-Habitation.

It's been about 2 to 3 weeks now since we submitted everything and so far we heard nothing from Immigration

I had SA on May 31st and my wife's application still shows application received.

Has anyone been through a similar situation? How long show it be till we get AIP or even our Landing Letter?

Thanks

Reactions: carolbb23

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone, I am June 3rd applicant. My husband got SA on June 19, and I got AIP on June 21. Does anyone here know the real reason why I got AIP? Is it just because my husband's eligibility has passed or because CIC actually looked at our application and thought our relationship is genius? and I do not need to provide additional documents to proof our cohabitation? thank you
Congratulations! If you got AIP, it means CIC is satisfied with the proofs you submitted regarding your relationship. Next is the DM letter!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys

So as I posted earlier last month we were required to submit again Schedule A, Additional Family Information and Proof of Co-Habitation.

It's been about 2 to 3 weeks now since we submitted everything and so far we heard nothing from Immigration

I had SA on May 31st and my wife's application still shows application received.

Has anyone been through a similar situation? How long show it be till we get AIP or even our Landing Letter?

Thanks
Calculate about 60 days from the time they requested your documents, this is when you should expect them to look at it. They usually give you 30 days to submit the documents and they put another 30 days buffer.

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
In April we paid that in Kitchener, ON.
Lucky you. From what I`ve been by my panel physician`s secretary over the phone I will have to pay over 500. Trail, BC - in case anybody wonders where I am taking my medical.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
AIP means you have convinced them that you are a member of the family class. So yes, genuine.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Holly crap
They might check quick to see if the files have been attached to the application at 30 days. But it's unlikely (the department that is doing CSE's and digitizing documents is taking about 30 days now to respond.) If you submitted them via Webform, did they reply to you yet?

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
They might check quick to see if the files have been attached to the application at 30 days. But it's unlikely (the department that is doing CSE's and digitizing documents is taking about 30 days now to respond.) If you submitted them via Webform, did they reply to you yet?
We got the automatic response right after submitting the documents but that was it. I really dunno why it still shall take so long. We already got SA so it's just one more step....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We got the automatic response right after submitting the documents but that was it. I really dunno why it still shall take so long. We already got SA so it's just one more step....
It's sitting in a processing queue for documents submitted.

The same department accepts applications too. They digitize cases and documents submitted, then attached to files.

Given the higher load on immigration these days, that department slowed down. When they email you to tell you the docs have been received, then they've made it to the case (been attached).

Anytime after that the officer may check and find them there. That's when they will resume.

As @sylvain1 said it's usually 60 days (they allow 30 for submission, and they do add a buffer in case you need more time).

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Lucky you. From what I`ve been by my panel physician`s secretary over the phone I will have to pay over 500. Trail, BC - in case anybody wonders where I am taking my medical.
Yikes! Kitchener seems to be one of the cheapest. But given flight times and costs, it's not really adventageous to switch..

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi Profiler,

I send them my update Passpot using webform on May 17, we already have SA and till thn no reply.
do you have any idea how long it will take to upload a doc from webfrom?
I believe my file is stuck because doc is not updated from webform. I am April 4 applicant.

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
Yikes! Kitchener seems to be one of the cheapest. But given flight times and costs, it's not really adventageous to switch..
Yea.. Probably Kelowna or Vancouver would be a little bit cheaper that this but as you said.. adding costs of travelling there etc I would end up paying this much anyways. Also with my work schedule closer is better.

Got AIP few days ago. Now the only thing I have to deliver is medical.. and then I guess more waiting :eek:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Profiler,

I send them my update Passpot using webform on May 17, we already have SA and till thn no reply.
do you have any idea how long it will take to upload a doc from webfrom?
I believe my file is stuck because doc is not updated from webform. I am April 4 applicant.
You should get an update from them (assuming they emailed right away stating they got the request) usually within 30 days...

So you could see an email from them any time now