+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Congrats!
Hi I'm March applicant. I called in today being told BG/criminality check is still processing since November 2017. I ordered the note on March 2018 and my security was passed. I understand every case is different but I really don't get it what is hold up to ... security check can took up 3-6 months but criminal check still in processing ? I'm confused now

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi I'm March applicant. I called in today being told BG/criminality check is still processing since November 2017. I ordered the note on March 2018 and my security was passed. I understand every case is different but I really don't get it what is hold up to ... security check can took up 3-6 months but criminal check still in processing ? I'm confused now
Since you have the benefit of your notes, I can only guess here. Did you have to give them fingerprints? Do you have a reasonably unique name? Have you ever had any other names?

To be fair, if you submitted in March, you're still within the 12 months. Sure, you are on your 12th month, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Reactions: Sheraton_k

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Hello @profiler et All,

I received my wife's GCMS notes last week. However, it does not provide many details. One thing that I noticed is that they haven't started my sponsorship review yet although the due date was December last year!

Family Class Sponsorship Eligibility:
Eligibility: 1
Status Date: December 2016
Due Date: December 2017

Refusal Grounds: 0
Criminality : 0
Income Verification : 0
Verification : 0

Does '0' means she has passed these checks or they have no information yet?

It does not mention anything about IRCC receiving the medical results in November.

Thanks,
A.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello @profiler et All,

I received my wife's GCMS notes last week. However, it does not provide many details. One thing that I noticed is that they haven't started my sponsorship review yet although the due date was December last year!

Family Class Sponsorship Eligibility:
Eligibility: 1
Status Date: December 2016
Due Date: December 2017

Refusal Grounds: 0
Criminality : 0
Income Verification : 0
Verification : 0

Does '0' means she has passed these checks or they have no information yet?

It does not mention anything about IRCC receiving the medical results in November.

Thanks,
A.
Any pages stating they were removed due to s.19?

Reactions: JB0405

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Any pages stating they were removed due to s.19?
No, I do not see anything as such. There are a few notes about MP making an inquiry, then about them updating her employment information on her file , and something about 'Schedule A and IMM 5406 Security Screening; Status Received; Updated Jan, 2017. Apart from this, there is nothing mentioned in the notes. Does that mean they haven't started her Security / Criminality checks even after 17 months?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
No, I do not see anything as such. There are a few notes about MP making an inquiry, then about them updating her employment information on her file , and something about 'Schedule A and IMM 5406 Security Screening; Status Received; Updated Jan, 2017. Apart from this, there is nothing mentioned in the notes. Does that mean they haven't started her Security / Criminality checks even after 17 months?

It appears that way. Now, given that, as of the date on your notes, your SA has not been completed, that would make sense. Stage 1 is SA/AIP. Stage 2 is Medical, Criminality, and Security. Then they DM and issue a PR. Sounds like you are in Stage 1 for some reason. To comment further, I would need to actually see the notes. But some things that can delay a file, is things like overseas dependents, etc. If you want me to review, send me a PM.

Reactions: JB0405

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Thanks Profiler. I have PM'ed you.

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Since you have the benefit of your notes, I can only guess here. Did you have to give them fingerprints? Do you have a reasonably unique name? Have you ever had any other names?

To be fair, if you submitted in March, you're still within the 12 months. Sure, you are on your 12th month, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Yes I submitted police certificate and Fingerprints on April 2017; I have given name and nick name when I was at work. So your guess is reasonable, I’ll wait since there is nothing much progress and it is within the time frame.

Reactions: profiler

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Question for @profiler

I did the sponsor from toronto for my wife that is waiting outside (they are processing the request from the missisauga office)

its an inland or outland request ?

thanks

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I just don't get it,,, I am Past 12 months from when we sent the completed application including my wife's Spousal Sponsorship Application into CIC Miss. Paid all the fees, we sent relationship proof, application for my OWP and paid the fees ,,, They received the COMPLETE Package in early FEB 2016

I've done, my Physical, BG Check, FBI Fingerprints and Criminal Check,, RCMP Finger Prints and Criminal Check, Received my Open Work Permit, We have sent in any thing they have asked for,
We have been married well over 10 years and living together.. so there is no question about our relationship , and still no SA for my wife,, no nothing,, Her side and my side both shows still Processing ... So ok fine, but when does the 12 month time period actually start.? I would think we would be past stage 1 yes?,,,
I am a very patient man (coughing) well ok Impatient (sorta) I am just trying to understand how and when the 1 year time line begins ... My Buddy Profiler will set me straight lolol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Question for @profiler

I did the sponsor from toronto for my wife that is waiting outside (they are processing the request from the missisauga office)

its an inland or outland request ?

thanks
Well, if it was inland, and she's not inside Canada, it would be refused.

Canada's the second largest country in terms of territory size in the world. CIC isn't tracking where applicants are. They will know by querying passports if the person may still be in Canada. But, there is no magic beacon that people have to carry....

With that in mind, it is up to you to complete the appropriate application package and submit with details whether the applicant is residing in Canada or not.

What did you tell CIC? What does your AOR letter, or any response from them at all say? I cannot comment further, since I didn't complete the application or receive any mail regarding it. Sorry about that..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just don't get it,,, I am Past 12 months from when we sent the completed application including my wife's Spousal Sponsorship Application into CIC Miss. Paid all the fees, we sent relationship proof, application for my OWP and paid the fees ,,, They received the COMPLETE Package in early FEB 2016

I've done, my Physical, BG Check, FBI Fingerprints and Criminal Check,, RCMP Finger Prints and Criminal Check, Received my Open Work Permit, We have sent in any thing they have asked for,
We have been married well over 10 years and living together.. so there is no question about our relationship , and still no SA for my wife,, no nothing,, Her side and my side both shows still Processing ... So ok fine, but when does the 12 month time period actually start.? I would think we would be past stage 1 yes?,,,
I am a very patient man (coughing) well ok Impatient (sorta) I am just trying to understand how and when the 1 year time line begins ... My Buddy Profiler will set me straight lolol
*Coughs*

*Crickets*

Reactions: WOLFHAWK