IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes as long as one remembers his/her password!
I realized that when I paid the 1040$. I could see a previous receipt I paid for my wife.
Ahh yes. Therein lies the problem. That password confoundry

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@Sam8119 You asked about NAFTA being re-negotiated before the end of the year.

I read that they are now scheduling longer discussion windows (like 10 days out of 14), and scheduling into February 2018.

Reactions: Sam8119

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Hi,

Just a quick concern back home my mom and my grandfather is ill. I called a number times raising my concern to CIC call center finally I went to my local MP for help. The response he got from IRCC is below. Also I am not understanding what is the hold up? Please advise what can I do:

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s Application to sponsor a spouse living inside Canada:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario on September 1, 2016.
• The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete, has not started yet.
• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meets the eligibility requirements.
• The medical examination results are on file and valid until September 4, 2018 for your constituent’s spouse.
• The criminality verifications have been in process since January 16, 2017.
• The security verifications have been in process since January 16, 2017.
• As per our current processing times, it may take up to 26 months to finalize the application. However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.
• We’re working to finalize applications received before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,

Just a quick concern back home my mom and my grandfather is ill. I called a number times raising my concern to CIC call center finally I went to my local MP for help. The response he got from IRCC is below. Also I am not understanding what is the hold up? Please advise what can I do:

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s Application to sponsor a spouse living inside Canada:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario on September 1, 2016.
• The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete, has not started yet.
• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meets the eligibility requirements.
• The medical examination results are on file and valid until September 4, 2018 for your constituent’s spouse.
• The criminality verifications have been in process since January 16, 2017.
• The security verifications have been in process since January 16, 2017.
• As per our current processing times, it may take up to 26 months to finalize the application. However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.
• We’re working to finalize applications received before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017
They are telling you that they have not started processing yet. They started Criminality and Security checks. You can ask your MP, but they will likely tell you that all you can do is wait. They are trying to process all applications from 2016 by the end of the year...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,
what is Local MP? what they can help with?
Thank you.
They represent you to the government. If you have trouble with a government office, an MP (or MPP if it's a provincial issue) may be able to help.

Reactions: FAWEZANA

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: FAWEZANA

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
They are telling you that they have not started processing yet. They started Criminality and Security checks. You can ask your MP, but they will likely tell you that all you can do is wait. They are trying to process all applications from 2016 by the end of the year...
Hi @profiler can you please explain the point number two and three from the IRCC response. I dont understand I have already received AOR and OWP last year within 4 months. I also got Police certificate request in May and the agent+IVR told me my medical result is successful and I do not require Interview plus finger print (from IVR).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi @profiler can you please explain the point number two and three from the IRCC response. I dont understand I have already received AOR and OWP last year within 4 months. I also got Police certificate request in May and the agent+IVR told me my medical result is successful and I do not require Interview plus finger print (from IVR).
Just because you send a file in, doesn't mean you meet the eligibility requirements for the program you applied for. They have to review your eligibility. When you pass this stage, you will get AIP.

AOR is literally that. They have received the file. There is enough paperwork to create a file (meaning it's not rejected for missing a birth certificate or something).

OWP only means that you have an inland PR on file, you have a status (visitor), and you applied to be able to work (which was granted based on points 1, 2, and 3 on this sentence). That's literally all that means.

The PCC request in May, might have been a fluke -- they send out batch emails twice a year to remind people, in case they have not yet submitted them, to submit them.

Nothing sounds out of ordinary here to me.

Last edited:

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Just because you send a file in, doesn't mean you meet the eligibility requirements for the program you applied for. They have to review your eligibility. When you pass this stage, you will get AIP.

AOR is literally that. They have received the file. There is enough paperwork to create a file (meaning it's not rejected for missing a birth certificate or something).

OWP only means that you have an inland PR on file, you have a status (visitor), and you applied to be able to work (which was granted based on points 1, 2, and 3 on this sentence). That's literally all that means.

The PCC request in May, might have been a fluke -- they send out batch emails twice a year to remind people, in case they have not yet submitted them, to submit them.

Nothing sounds out of ordinary here to me.
Ok..thank you so much..

Reactions: profiler

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hello guys, Just wanted to update everyone that I was able to get My PR yesterday. the interview was exactly as everyone described and it went smoothly. I wish everyone the best and a fast processing of their application! God bless!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello guys, Just wanted to update everyone that I was able to get My PR yesterday. the interview was exactly as everyone described and it went smoothly. I wish everyone the best and a fast processing of their application! God bless!
Congrats!

Reactions: SaqlainSyed

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
Congrats, a landing. That was likely the officer processing your case, and they are trying to help you avoid having to redo the medical.

Check ECAS in the morning. You'll likely find they status has changed.

@carolbb23 had something similar with a passport.
Hey @profiler, i checked ECAS this morning, and as you said, the status was changed to DM for both of us, no changes on MyCIC though. Next step is to wait for official email

Reactions: sylvain1