+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hello guys, I'm Dec 2016 applicant. Additional document request was in April 2017. Sent as requested. Since then I haven't heard anything from IRCC. The telephone automated system tells me Background Review which still remains the same. I called CiC and the agent told me Eligibility is under review. I haven't had any medical request. Should I say they are actually working on my application since he said that. So BG is done and is on ELIGIBILITY. Someone tell me how the process goes

Thanks guys

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello guys, I'm Dec 2016 applicant. Additional document request was in April 2017. Sent as requested. Since then I haven't heard anything from IRCC. The telephone automated system tells me Background Review which still remains the same. I called CiC and the agent told me Eligibility is under review. I haven't had any medical request. Should I say they are actually working on my application since he said that. So BG is done and is on ELIGIBILITY. Someone tell me how the process goes

Thanks guys
What documents did they request?

Ale04010

Aug 6, 2017
Hi guys and Hi @profiler I got this letter this morning

Dear...

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application. IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Is it the a DM?

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Dear...

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application. IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Is it the a DM?
AIP and DM. AIP states that you have met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence. DM states they are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.

Congrats. They will contact you with a landing appointment.

Ale04010

Aug 6, 2017
AIP and DM. AIP states that you have met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence. DM states they are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.

Congrats. They will contact you with a landing appointment.
Thank you, about the $490fees should I pay them after the interview right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you, about the $490fees should I pay them after the interview right?
If you want to land, you must pay them before. If you have already paid them, then don't pay them again. If you have not, pay them online, and print/bring receipt to landing.

Reactions: Ale04010

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
hello all, I got a letter from CIC today that the processing of my application has been completed and that IRCC will contact me with appointment date.
I must confess that its been one long and frustrating wait but like @dominicantiguan said yesterday, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. i really thank God that its almost over.
here is my timeline;
application received - june 2016
AOR 1&2 JULY 2016
Police certificate request- April 2017
Additional doc- June 2017
AIP & SA -June 2017
Documents sent June 2017
Email saying docs attached to my file July 2017
Decision made- October 2017
hoping to land soon
Like everone has been saying, only patience can help, nothing else.
I wish everyone still waiting good luck.

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
I was asked to send to Vegreville Processing Centre. Is that normal for everyone. I thought Mississauga process it
Based on my understanding, Mississauga accepts all applications, then they transfer to offices based on where you live. I live in Alberta so my file was transferred to Vegreville, am guessing you live in Alberta too, so its totally normal

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
hello all, I got a letter from CIC today that the processing of my application has been completed and that IRCC will contact me with appointment date.
I must confess that its been one long and frustrating wait but like @dominicantiguan said yesterday, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. i really thank God that its almost over.
here is my timeline;
application received - june 2016
AOR 1&2 JULY 2016
Police certificate request- April 2017
Additional doc- June 2017
AIP & SA -June 2017
Documents sent June 2017
Email saying docs attached to my file July 2017
Decision made- October 2017
hoping to land soon
Like everone has been saying, only patience can help, nothing else.
I wish everyone still waiting good luck.

Congrats on becoming a Permanent Resident! I am a Feb 2016 Applicant and I received my medical request on August 28th and then Police check and additional documents request on 7th September, i have submitted them and within a day of submission, i was informed that they did indeed receive them which was September 14th. I must say, i have been waiting a long time but as i see everyone whose been waiting and got everything sorted out. It gives me hope too!

Fingers crossed, hoping to hear back soon from them. will post as soon as i hear anything.

Reactions: rizaki

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017

Dear...

Is it the a DM?
Congrats!!!!! :)

Reactions: Ale04010

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
IMM 5996 and govt position held, copy of passport, and CV
Also police certificate in country I have spent most of my life. I submitted RCMP and one from my country
Thanks
I was asked to send to Vegreville Processing Centre. Is that normal for everyone. I thought Mississauga process it
CPC-V is usually doing TRVs like OWP, Visitor Visas, etc. Usually the CPC-V emails are sent in batch, and can usually be ignored, of docs were previously submitted.

The gov't position may be what they're focused on. Time will tell.

Reactions: sylvain1