Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I
Hi Profiler, Crarolbd, Sylvian

My pr application approved on July 2017. I have OWP application on process and I cancelled it. WQhenever I called CIC agent told they will not start OWP application until September 2017 because they have a big queue. They also mentioned I can get back my OWP fees if my PR approved before that. Now I able to cancel my OWP application and CIC agent sent me an email to mention they will not return back my money.
What should I do now?
Thanks for the advise.[/QUOTE

I suggest you land first like sylvan suggest than get your money back

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
remind me: does your partner have status in Canada? It was a refugee claim and an inland I recall, but I don't recall if they have status or not....

If they do (so, worker, et al): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp .

if not: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp (Cost is $5 that you have to pay via "Pay your fees"; include the receipt with your consent form).

For both:
Fill out the consent form. The PA is section A, the Sponsor is section C. Then submit that form online and request "Electronic Case Notes". And in the box, enter "GCMS case notes".
thank you!!!!
Yes he has an open work permit that was given to him for being a refugee claimant.

Reactions: profiler

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
Hi guys,

We landed on June 22 but haven't received the PR card in the mail yet. Getting a little worried as we have a trip to NYC planned for labour day weekend and not sure if the card will come in time.

How long is it taking for those that landed in Etobicoke? What are our options if it doesn't arrive in time?

Thanks!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys,

We landed on June 22 but haven't received the PR card in the mail yet. Getting a little worried as we have a trip to NYC planned for labour day weekend and not sure if the card will come in time.

How long is it taking for those that landed in Etobicoke? What are our options if it doesn't arrive in time?

Thanks!!
Wife got hers at 65 days-ish. Website says 61 days.

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Today is 14th
Then 15th tomorrow
After which it's 16th
Then landing day 17th:D
Relax meaningful1
Can't believe it!!!
In just 3 days:confused:
3 more sleeps. Must be excited!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi guys,

Thanks!!
Should arrive jus before labour day weekend actually. It's estimated to arrive within 65 days after you landed

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
3 more sleeps. Must be excited!
Oh sure!!!
I am really excited. The Mrs was sick. . for the last 15 days. Dizzy spells, could not go to work. Friday , the doc gave her some antibiotics straighten her up, so we ready. . . me more than she

Gusbella

Jun 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
@profiler I just checked my cic account and read this
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must.

Can you please tell me what does it mean ?
Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler I just checked my cic account and read this
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must.

Can you please tell me what does it mean ?
Thanks
Congrats. It means what it says. You're eligible to apply. That means you've passed stage 1 and you have AIP. If you're in Ontario or Quebec, you can use that letter to get access to health insurance. In Ontario, this takes 90 to become active, so starting it sooner is better than waiting.

You could see a DM in ECAS on both sides any day now...

Gusbella

Jun 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Congrats. It means what it says. You're eligible to apply. That means you've passed stage 1 and you have AIP. If you're in Ontario or Quebec, you can use that letter to get access to health insurance. In Ontario, this takes 90 to become active, so starting it sooner is better than waiting.

You could see a DM in ECAS on both sides any day now...
I am in Ontario.

Gusbella

Jun 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
How long do you think for DM ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
How long do you think for DM ?
No way to know. You can be delayed by:
- medical
- security screening
- available landing appointments

If meds and security are done, you could get a DM any minute.

Gusbella

Jun 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
No way to know. You can be delayed by:
- medical
- security screening
- available landing appointments

If meds and security are done, you could get a DM any minute.
I did my medicals July 13 last month

skg1989

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
surrey
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys just got this email.
What should I expect in this interview.

Dearxxxx

We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled for:

Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused.

If you cannot attend this interview, please e-mail us at: WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or call the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100

Please note:

•  Do not arrive until 15 minutes prior to your interview time.
  •  If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you, and brings government issued ID documents with photos establishing their identity.
  •  If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
  •  If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so prior to your interview.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/