Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Hey all,

I have two questions we have not submitted any paperwork yet we are trying to get as much information as possible before we take the plunge.

First question

I have not earned or worked in Canada for the last 5 years therefore I have not filed any taxes. I'd like to know if that will effect our application.

Also I've been reading so much online of rejections or refusals and that really concerns us. We are planning to pay the sponsorship fee and also the principal applicant processing fee. We would like to know if everything is approved how long will we have to pay the right of permanent residence fee?

Sorry all I know I said 2 questions but just thought of another..... We both have job offers being sent out to us (we have amazing family and friends willing to help us start our Canadian life) which we will be sending in with our application basically stating that once we land and my spouse has a legal permit to work we have jobs waiting. Are we required to take a specific amount of money with us?

Last edited:

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I suggest you file your income tax return at least for 2016. The sponsor has to send in his or her notice of assessment. Even if you have no income, you can still file a return. If you have been working in some other country, you can instead send in the tax information from last year, with a letter of explanation as to why you don't have a NOA from Canada.
Since you don't have a job, I would include a letter with the application stating your plans for your lives together. You can state that you both have job offers, and explain where you will be living and where you will get money. Include proof, such as the job offers. If friends or family will be helping you at first, get them to write a letter or affidavit stating this, and include it with the application. You don't need a specific amount of money.

Reactions: Janeth7789