September 23, 2014
Passport Req..
Additional docs: April 29, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUED and PPR: August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
September 20, 2015 - God's will :)
Hello. :)

We would like to ask whether some of you might be in the same situation with us.

My husband applied spousal sponsorship for me. We received a letter that our application has been forwarded to Manila Visa Office. However, we were worried because I am currently working in Singapore and holding a working visa. If the Manila office requested my passport, do I need to resign from my job and go to Manila and send my passport or I'll just mail them my passport?

One thing that we're scared of too is that, if I send my passport, when will I get it? What if I'll get fired while my passport is in Manila? How can I go back to Philippines without my passport?

Kindly share your experience with us and we would be glad to hear it.

We hope someone could help us.

Thank you so much.[/color]

bainer04

Oct 4, 2014
Not sure if you need to send your original passport. I would think a certified copy would be enough and I also don't think you would need to quick your job. I would wait for others to respond but I'm pretty sure certified copy is enough.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anj94 said:

We would like to ask whether some of you might be in the same situation with us.

My husband applied spousal sponsorship for me. We received a letter that our application has been forwarded to Manila Visa Office. However, we were worried because I am currently working in Singapore and holding a working visa. If the Manila office requested my passport, do I need to resign from my job and go to Manila and send my passport or I'll just mail them my passport?

One thing that we're scared of too is that, if I send my passport, when will I get it? What if I'll get fired while my passport is in Manila? How can I go back to Philippines without my passport?

At some point you will need to submit your passport to the Philippines Visa Office for them to place your visa counterfoil in the passport (the visa you will use to travel to Canada). So you'll need to start thinking about how you'll do that. One option would be to travel to the Philippines with your passport...

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Anj94 said:

You have already stated your 2 options:
1. Travel to Philippines and submit passport from there. This way you will need to stay in Philippines while they hold the passport.
2. Mail the passport from Singapore to Manila. This way you will need to stay in Singapore while they hold passport.

You need to choose 1 or the other, there are not really any other options. You might want to read in the Manila thread, how long Manila typically keeps someones passport for after requesting it as this will give you some times to expect to base your decision on.

MRSinWaiting

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
Doc's Request.
18-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-04-2015
Hi there! You dont have to quit your job til you get a PPR. I was in the same situation as yours. We receivd an email recently asking for my passport, with visa validity stated. The visa validity will you decide when to resign. My work requires at least 2months notice. My medical is going to expire this july and cemgave me a visa valid til july. I sent my passport from SGto manila. Im still waiting for them to send it back to me with visa. Will update you.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Here is an option that could work as it worked for my wife who is Filipino who was working and had her residence in Thailand.

When CEM requests your passport, go home for a visit for about a month. When you arrive in Manila have your sponsor contact them by email stating the fact that you are in the Philippines visiting and that you can not send in your passport as you require it back by such a date as you will be departing to go back to Singapore and I assume you need your passport in Singapore to close your work permits as my wife was required to do. You will need a mobile phone number in the Philippines while you visit. If all goes well CEM will call your spouse requesting a way in order for them to call you to set up an appointment to go in person to the Embassy for visa package issuance as a priority.

Important make sure the Passport request is for the reason that they are ready to issue your visa, It will be stated in the email request.
Hope this helps you out a bit. We know exactly how this feels.

Chris.

Anj94

Apr 22, 2015
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2015
AOR Received.
March 19, 2015, SA: March 27, 2015
File Transfer...
April 8, 2015
Med's Done....
September 23, 2014
Passport Req..
Additional docs: April 29, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUED and PPR: August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
September 20, 2015 - God's will :)
MRSinWaiting said:
Hi there! You dont have to quit your job til you get a PPR. I was in the same situation as yours. We receivd an email recently asking for my passport, with visa validity stated. The visa validity will you decide when to resign. My work requires at least 2months notice. My medical is going to expire this july and cemgave me a visa valid til july. I sent my passport from SGto manila. Im still waiting for them to send it back to me with visa. Will update you.
Thanks for the info. My medical will be expiring on September. I have not received any email yet but my job requires 1 month notice.

I have another question. When your sponsor received an email that the application has been forwarded to the Visa Office in Manila, how long did you received the email requesting for your passport for your visa?

Really appreciate the help. :)

marshie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-03-2017
Med's Request
Done
Hello.. are you filipino? I just want to ask how's your spousal visa? Did you already receive emai that hey needour passport? Did you send it while in singapore or you went back to phililppines? TIA

marshie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-03-2017
Med's Request
Done
Rob_TO said:
You have already stated your 2 options:
1. Travel to Philippines and submit passport from there. This way you will need to stay in Philippines while they hold the passport.
2. Mail the passport from Singapore to Manila. This way you will need to stay in Singapore while they hold passport.

You need to choose 1 or the other, there are not really any other options. You might want to read in the Manila thread, how long Manila typically keeps someones passport for after requesting it as this will give you some times to expect to base your decision on.

Hello po. Kamusta po yung visa mo? Wat po ginawa u? Same situation din

Lala S

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Hi,
May update po kayo.Ano po ginawa nyo?
I'm in the same situation..me and my partner are currently working in singapore.

Your feedback Would be a great help! :)

Thanks a lot!