+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Court Marriage

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hi All,

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident (moved from the U.S. to Canada early 2019) and have been dating my girlfriend since Aug 2018. We both are Indian Citizens. We never lived together in the same house but met numerous times over the course of 2 years in US and Canada, traveled around a lot (Same hotels etc- I have all tickets and hotel bookings) and our parents met in Dec 2019 (in India). We were planning to have an Indian wedding Dec 2020 but because of Covid we dropped the idea. We are now planning to get a court marriage done in the U.S., few of our close friends and maybe some relatives will attend the wedding. i have a lot of pictures of our trips together, family zoom calls, texts (from 2018 onwards) etc. Will this suffice for a spousal sponsorship, or not having a big Indian wedding will lead to an interview/refusal? any thoughts on this? I am not sure if we can have a big wedding anytime before mid 2021 so we would like to proceed with a court wedding. Will this be enough as a proof of genuine relationship?

Thanks