Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Help please.

We need to submit proof of relationship by showing relationship.
We are including emails, skype chats, whatssap messages.
But since we are both of Korean ethnic background we have many messages in Korean or Korean - English.
Only a few are English only.

Do we need to provide translations for the conversations we had?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Yes, the proof needs to be provided in English. Send the originals and a translation. However, you don't need to send a huge pile of correspondence. Print (or take screenshots) of your inbox and sent items folder - this will show a list of the emails you exchanged. Then take a selection of emails to print off and have translated. You also don't need to print page after page of skype logs or whatssap logs - do a selection that shows you have been communicating regularly over a long period.

I hope this helps.

kmishal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Can we translate these proof e,g chats, facebook post by ourselves?
we have same situation, and our communication is not in english ?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
kmishal said:
Can we translate these proof e,g chats, facebook post by ourselves?
we have same situation, and our communication is not in english ?
I've not had to get anything translated so others may come along with different information. However, on the CIC website it says that all supporting documents must be translated by a certified translator if the originals are not in either English or French.

That said, if I had heaps of personal correspondence I think I would only get a select few translated. I would print out a list of the emails in my inbox & outbox and attach the list to a letter explaining that we have x-number of emails dating from x-date to y-date and have attached a selection translated into English. If the printed out list shows dates and the samples you select for translation match up with a header/subject line in the list this shouldn't be a problem. You can offer to provide more if they would like to see additional translations.

Look for the BEST proof, not the MOST proof.

I hope this helps.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The above advice is correct. Select a few chats and emails, get those translated, and tell the visa officer you have many more if he or she wants to see them.

But many people have not used a certified translator for unofficial relationship proof like this, because of the expense, and had no problems. It is not a perfect solution, but it seems the visa officer usually accepts things like chats and emails if they have been translated unofficially. It is best if you do not do it, though. Get a friend, if possible, since CIC does not even want a relative to be the translator. The translator should do his or her best to make it look official, by attaching a document certifying that the translation is true and accurate to the best of his or her knowledge.

toyna

Oct 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-2012
File Transfer...
28-01-2013
how many days required after application

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
There's a way to obtain a Skype chat log that shows all the occasions you have spoken via Skype (chat start and end times).

Visit this page http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

You need to follow the instructions carefully. If you're not that tech-savvy, ask a friend for help.