+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Application

Akadri

Feb 21, 2019
Hi everyone!!

My Spousal Sponsorship Application is in process and it shows 11 weeks remaining.

2 months ago my wife (sponsor) received a letter from IRCC mentioning that she is eligible to sponsor me and its strongly recommended that she should pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee (it $1040 was payed alongwith Spousal Sponsorship Application which includes RPRF) to avoid delays.

A week ago she received $235 refund from IRCC Ottawa.
My Online Application Status and GCkey account shows the application still in process.

Can anyone please tell why we received $235 and what does it mean.

Thank you!!!

Akadri

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I have no idea why they refunded you (it wasn't the full value of either the application fee or the RPRF).

It may not mean anything other than a mistake. Hold on to your initial payment receipt and be ready to pay that $235 back to the government if requested.

Reactions: Akadri

Akadri

Feb 21, 2019
I have no idea why they refunded you (it wasn't the full value of either the application fee or the RPRF).

It may not mean anything other than a mistake. Hold on to your initial payment receipt and be ready to pay that $235 back to the government if requested.
Thank you k.h.p

Does asking for RPRF payment mean my app is aproved in principle?

Thanks again

Akadri

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone!!

My Spousal Sponsorship Application is in process and it shows 11 weeks remaining.

2 months ago my wife (sponsor) received a letter from IRCC mentioning that she is eligible to sponsor me and its strongly recommended that she should pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee (it $1040 was payed alongwith Spousal Sponsorship Application which includes RPRF) to avoid delays.

A week ago she received $235 refund from IRCC Ottawa.
My Online Application Status and GCkey account shows the application still in process.

Can anyone please tell why we received $235 and what does it mean.

Thank you!!!

Akadri
By the math, you didnt pay the $255 OWP fees and IRCC took the difference from the RPRF fee instead of refusing the app.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Akadri

Feb 21, 2019
By the math, you didnt pay the $255 OWP fees and IRCC took the difference from the RPRF fee instead of refusing the app.
Thank you!
Yes I do have an open work permit.
Does that mean the my application is refused?
Can please elaborate more on this please.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No. You probably didn't pay enough fees up front for the OWP + the PR app + RPRF (that would be $1040 + 255, so $1295), so IRCC deducted the OWP fees from the $1040 you paid and refunded you the difference and is now asking you to pay the RPRF.

Reactions: Akadri

Akadri

Feb 21, 2019
No. You probably didn't pay enough fees up front for the OWP + the PR app + RPRF (that would be $1040 + 255, so $1295), so IRCC deducted the OWP fees from the $1040 you paid and refunded you the difference and is now asking you to pay the RPRF.
Thank you again!!

Have a great weekend