+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Application got returned. What are my options?

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
March 30, 2020 Applicant. After 14 months, IRCC finally returned my entire application package stating that two issues

- IMM 5669 Principal Applicant Form was missing
- The IMM 5533 (Application Checklist) Form i submitted was outdated and that i needed to resubmit the latest one

I cannot believe them on IMM 5669 because i remember getting it signed by my wife. I would not have carelessly left it out. But its not in the package they returned to me. I suspect they may have dropped or misplaced it internally but because i didn't scan or keep a copy of the package that i couriered them i have no way to prove or argue this.

They are right on the Application Checklist, i did submit an outdated version, but this was the version i had downloaded from their website at the time.

But bottomline they have resubmitted everything back to me.

Now my next question is that what does this mean overall? They have already given my wife a 4 year TRV. What is my best course of action now?

Should i get my wife to sign a new IMM5669 Applicant Form with a new date and a new IMM5533 Application Checklist?

Or Should i ask her to refill and resign all of the documents from scratch with a fresh date along with the supporting documents?