+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR package returned - Need advice, kindly help!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
bananaoatmeal said:
We are applying through the spouse program though. :p
Spousal is low-income cutoff exempted. You do need to show some means of earnings or how you are not living on social assistance. That said, you can provide NoA or option C for 2015 and advise you will provide 2016 as soon as it's available. We did this, and included earnings statements as well. That was enough to placate them.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
Can somebody kindly post the link or instructions on getting option C? I am confused about how NoA differs from option C and how do I get it?

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
profiler said:
Spousal is low-income cutoff exempted. You do need to show some means of earnings or how you are not living on social assistance. That said, you can provide NoA or option C for 2015 and advise you will provide 2016 as soon as it's available. We did this, and included earnings statements as well. That was enough to placate them.
Ok, that's great, thank you. I know that there is no income requirement and we've provided explanations with evidence as to how we will support ourselves. Our application was completely fine besides the birth certificate, so they didn't have a problem with the NoA for 2015. But I'm just wondering why people are getting their applications returned. We have no idea about how taxes work sadly, but we know there is still a lot of time before the deadline for year 2016 and before my wife gets her NoA for 2016.

preity said:
Can somebody kindly post the link or instructions on getting option C? I am confused about how NoA differs from option C and how do I get it?
You have to register an account with CRA. (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/myccnt/menu-eng.html) Then you should wait about a week until you receive a letter in mail with a security code that you have to enter on the website. The option C won't show up until then. They want to confirm your identity.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
You have to register an account with CRA. (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/myccnt/menu-eng.html) Then you should wait about a week until you receive a letter in mail with a security code that you have to enter on the website. The option C won't show up until then. They want to confirm your identity.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot!

bhanu_kaushal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Hey Guys,
Can you advice that Who should fill out part C of IMM 5532 form, should the sponsor fill it out or the Principal Applicant? Its kind of confusing.

Please Advice

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
bhanu_kaushal said:
Hey Guys,
Can you advice that Who should fill out part C of IMM 5532 form, should the sponsor fill it out or the Principal Applicant? Its kind of confusing.

Please Advice
It does not matter who fills it out. You can do it together or one of you can do it. It's general questions about your relationship.

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys! I'm in process of applying for Spouse Out Canada app. One of the requirement is to submit my CRA 'Notice Of assessment'. As I'm a new immigrant (I came to Canada in Feb 2018 and started work in April 2018), I'll have to file my tax returns through paper based app which will take time to process ( about 2 months) which means my Notice of Assessment will take time.

I don't want to wait that long and want to submit my Spouse app asap. Is it anyway I can skip the Notice Of Assessment requirement or may be submit that document later? Can I submit T4, pay stubs and bank statements with Letter of Explanation telling why I was't able to submit NOA for now?

Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Crj001

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Guys! I'm in process of applying for Spouse Out Canada app. One of the requirement is to submit my CRA 'Notice Of assessment'. As I'm a new immigrant (I came to Canada in Feb 2018 and started work in April 2018), I'll have to file my tax returns through paper based app which will take time to process ( about 2 months) which means my Notice of Assessment will take time.

I don't want to wait that long and want to submit my Spouse app asap. Is it anyway I can skip the Notice Of Assessment requirement or may be submit that document later? Can I submit T4, pay stubs and bank statements with Letter of Explanation telling why I was't able to submit NOA for now?

Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks
How did this work out for you?

What other documents did you submit and did they accept them?

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
I am applying for Spouse PR (inland) for my wife. I am PR and she is on TRV. We moved to Toronto in April 2021. I started working from May 2021. In form IMM 5533 (Document checklist) Part B Q 5, it asks for Notice of Assessment or Proof of Income. I do not have same as I have not yet filed Income Tax returns.
Can I provide an explanation by showing my pay stubs, employment letter, and bank statement showing my salary?
Please guide me if this is the correct explanation.

Geep

Oct 31, 2018
I am applying for Spouse PR (inland) for my wife. I am PR and she is on TRV. We moved to Toronto in April 2021. I started working from May 2021. In form IMM 5533 (Document checklist) Part B Q 5, it asks for Notice of Assessment or Proof of Income. I do not have same as I have not yet filed Income Tax returns.
Can I provide an explanation by showing my pay stubs, employment letter, and bank statement showing my salary?
Please guide me if this is the correct explanation.
Hi @Vishal A , I have just arrived in Canada in Aug 2021 and planning to apply for spouse pr. Were you able to find some info regarding Notice of Assessment document or which document we can submit as an alternative or any explanation or so on. I would really appreciate it if you can share some info.

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
Hi @Vishal A , I have just arrived in Canada in Aug 2021 and planning to apply for spouse pr. Were you able to find some info regarding Notice of Assessment document or which document we can submit as an alternative or any explanation or so on. I would really appreciate it if you can share some info.
Hi

I am providing a letter of explanation, letter from my current employer, pay stubs and bank statement to substantiate my income.